Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Harder!

Discussion in 'Release 27 Feedback Forum' started by Skyo, Mar 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Holding the Last wave continuously on a CP is next to impossible, (Unless your @Themo Lock , that man is a beast.. )

Kara Brae, Sara Dreygon and Acred like this.
  2. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

But what does holding a control point actually do?

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  3. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

Constructive.

I like the passive aggressive bullying in a forum we are suppose to be using to make this game better.

I for one have seen these things break, CP's not working randomly, dungeons breaking due to bad spawning and not allowing players to progress. If this is your first time in one of these events how do you truly know if you've beat it or not? There isn't some big reward you get or bolded text or a world wide message saying CONGRATS!

Nope; Instead the monsters stop coming, the paths end, and everything around you is dead. That sounds like a win by any standards.

Is it actually the end? Maybe, Maybe not. For a first timer I'm not going to bash my head against a wall and do a repeated task to see if I "actually" got the experience I was suppose to.

~Wodin

4. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Nothing more than add to your experience pool, and raise skills. As of now the CP is the fastest "end game" experience you can get.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  5. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

As @Insinious FizzleThorpe Said, Holding a control point, serves 2 purposes, It allows People to pass through Without Having To be attacked, (Although i dont think its implemented correctly yet ) and it also Adds Experience, And every wave completed Adds a little extra Exp to your pool on top of the exp you gain from killing Mobs :)

6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Seriously?
    "Passive agressive bullying" ?

I am not the one who started a thread named Harder and proceeded to exclaim:
    Now that is a bold statement if I've ever heard one.

One would assume that someone making such a statement - would be at least familiar with how control points work - and I naturally assumed that he was.
    How does one proclaim the ability to "walk into any zone of the game and crush it", without being familiar with all the zones?

I have a few gm's and I found the statement - a bit over the top.
    I also am aware that there are some avatars who have accrued very high numbers of gm's and I assumed that the OP was one of them, considering his opening statement.

When asked about holding control points specifically, the OP replied:

As several days had passed since asked When/Where, I wanted to prompt a response in order to meet and watch this amazing fighting machine - hence the crickets comment.....

What I didn't expect was that the OP would allow someone else to explain why his boast required "clarification".

Any avatar who speaks of "crushing" the content that took many months of dev time to create, needs to back up that sort of statement with facts - not rhetoric.

I find the content to be quite challenging currently, and fully expect it to be even more so by release.

I also suspect that my honest response here may well get this thread locked, but that's fine.
    It was going nowhere anyway..........

stratigos, Ahuaeynjgkxs, Aldo and 2 others like this.
  7. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

And in the attempts that he tried the Control points he did, and as the thread it continued it was pretty clear that CP's get bugged which obscure the actual experience of the event. Sure the claims are perhaps a little over the top, but that doesn't mean he's completely off base. There is a lack of content that can be used for "leveling" or other forms of personal character progression, in the state of the game currently that would be Exp gain (can't gain any skills without pooled exp).

There is plenty of difficult content that is meant (I assume??) to inhibit group play and give us a reason to join one another to take on monsters that would not be possible by yourself. However; There is not enough content to act as a segue once you get into that upper range of the game. The highest NON-GROUP content cannot currently support the exp requirements once you reach adv level 70's and GM skills without requiring dedication of hours of farming the same said mob repeatedly.

I personally feel this is also compounded by the fact that skull 2-4 zones feel like they are so close in difficulty you could almost leap frog skulls and just do skull 1 -> skull 3 -> skull 5 and have a fairly playable experience (especially in the case of you not solo'ing everying). Perhaps raising the difficulty of the general mobs as they bump up tiers and increasing the experience from these mobs in a more spread out manor would add more longevity in the "leveling"/progression aspects of the game.

That being said there is also the mechanics of the grind, most of the encounters don't offer much in the way of diversity. Bears have more HP, wolves run faster/attack faster, skeles respawn with mages, spiders poison/root. These are different traits but the end result is sit.. swing. The only interesting mechanic would be the recent zombie plague where you need to interact with that specific encounter because you need to cleanse something which disrupts the ability to sit/swing your way up the ladder.

~Wodin

Ahuaeynjgkxs, Skyo and Katrina Bekers like this.
  8. Noric

Noric Avatar

How are you guys triggering these bugged CPs? I've done Brightbone dozens of time, vertas, eastreach, and superstition canyon(last only in groups). I've never seen these bugged CPs (though the Brightbone stairs bugged out on me last night)

9. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Not sure what the requirement is to trigger it, but none the less it is happening. just like im getting hit for chaotic feedback damage, after I removed it from my deck..

10. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

This, this, one hundred times this!

@Skyo, I don't doubt that you got a whopping experience ingame and are able to tackle most challenges and that (let me doubt: by fair means or foul) you earned a wagonload of adv levels and GM. Heck, I'm in guild with Themo Lock, I recognize a powerful power gamer when I meet one!!! :D

But, keep in mind we're all testing here, and not just boasting or gloating. So, if you claim that there's no challenging content for you, we're all a bit surprised and baffled because, well, if devs keep adding harder and harder (see title!) content, the balance may tip a bit too much toward the upward path of our gaming experience, and most of us could be left behind when a few of you rush into the horizon.

I asked about holding indefinitely (not just first wave - I can do that as well!) elven CPs, and solo the three sisters of Grunvald Shardfall.

To both requests - for science, not to humiliate you! - I got no answer. I expected a snapshot of you sitting on top of the three corpses of the Ghairmutes, or fighting four Ferocious Spiders at once.

When you failed to deliver - again, in the name of science playtesting - it became evident that the "Harder" request was an unfounded one, to be sadly abscribed to a pompous, flamboyant PVP'er in his overconfident charade. :D

There's nothing wrong in setting the bar high, mind you. I applaud your request for tougher content, and I'm excited about Chris answer.

Still, pics or GTFO! :D

Mata, Montaigne and FrostII like this.
  11. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

Four?! How about Seven!!

Just kidding, Themo's a beast. I don't even know where that zone is.

~Wodin

12. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I know that video very well! ;)

But you know, that's about kiting. Something you CANNOT do in a Control Point, or you lose it. It's the very mechanic of the CP that forces you to do things in a way that's sub optimal by design.
    It's the Forest Cave in West Ravenswood, the primary farming ground upto R26, when it's been nerfed to oblivion and back.

FrostII likes this.
  13. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Only problem with this whole issue is CP's the sisters, world bosses are supposed to be group encounters. I have to say there is not much out there for the adventure level 80+ crowd as of now. For the solo player that is. I don't know what the answer is, I just hope that you aren't forced to group if you don't want to in order to advance past AL 80.

Skyo and Wodin Folkvardr like this.
  14. Noric

Noric Avatar

Not to say that things are not limited by control points, but there are things you can do even with CP mechanics for some degree of kiting and methods of mob separation.

15. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

You mean cheesing the archers and mages by hiding behind a wall? And then when they charge you you just go to the other side? They seem pretty set on finishing their path so this is pretty easy to do. And Verta's pass has a wall within the CP so it's quite do-able.

~Wodin

Skyo likes this.
  16. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

I don't know what the answers are either but I have a few ideas.

I'm the past there were many games that tackled this successfully.

5 man adventure zones, I love the idea of a wager or point system in pvp/duels, and the upcoming castle sedges have a lot that could go in line and even implementation of rare spawn and named mobs could be a great solution. Post adv level 100+ content in before launch exceeds my expectation because this dev team knows how to get things done right.

It looks like Chris and the team are already working on harder content for r28.

...I am looking forward to seeing each of you in game in one fashion or another.

17. Noric

Noric Avatar

I generally do stuff at Brightbone - i didn't like all the closed spaces of Vertas too much.

18. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Are you now his official spokesperson?

19. Noric

Noric Avatar

Frost, I get that it might have been more respectable for him to clearly correct his posts after he learned better, but if you had followed the thread a bit you would have at the very least been able to inference quite a bit of the stuff you've been going on about for the last while. Here is Syko's post that was made in response to the first time Wodin talked about Syko actually experiencing a functioning controlpoint:

Skyo likes this.
  20. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Umm sorry but what are you talking about, what we want to see is him in a control point and handling it. We all know if the CP is broken it can be managed but if it is working a single player cannot handle a control point past , say, the 3rd or 4th wave.

That is what I want to see, I want to see him in Vertas on Wave 4 survive and continue on. Not cheating by hiding, not losing the control point . . . .

Players saying they want "harder" content because they can waltz thru everything is OK but sorry some need to be proven.

Yes I know Themo can handle Torc, and Pheonix, so can others.

Levels players are at now are NOT going to be feasible in 1 month after release and most likely 4 - 6 months before you even see players with GM fighting skills.

So wasting time on creating "harder" content to appease players who are just saying so could be MUCH better spent working on finishing content NEEDED - - - shields, spells, C R A F T I N G . . .

Tools need to be focused on unfinished areas and broken content, now this close to release more than just appeasing small crowds.

But again I really want to see Skyo Control a Control point.

Katrina Bekers and FrostII like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.