1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lot deed Raffle/Lottery update!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Sep 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Seeing as how deeds were always planned to be available in game for gold currency in some form (both straight purchase and raffle tickets count as in game gold) this is more in line with meeting original kickstarter promises and not actually at all similar to giving away real world cash.

That is like saying that Blizzard is giving away millions of USD by allowing players to level from 1 to 100 rather than making them purchase the available level boost tokens in the add-on store.

2. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I guess... although, it would make for excellent hype in gamer news seeing as how most of the deeds they're giving away are still available in the add-on store for purchase; and the NPC deeds are already rare because the only way to officially obtain them is through this raffle. All of this, this entire raffle business just strikes me funny seeing as how there's so much confusion about what's going on. And on top of all the confusion, in four months time Portalarium could have literally given away 1M$ worth of land deeds to folks just for logging in and grinding a little. How much does a PR person make in a year? Don't answer that, I'm not looking for an answer but an event like this could really use some PR.

[​IMG]

3. Selat

Selat Guest

Here in Brazil we have a movement defined as MST, adjusting the portuguese with the english, to make sense, is called "Movement of without land." In short, is a group with focus in land distribution, based on the land reform. It sounds good, but it is a clusterfuck, like many political things, a bunch of mixed results... some violence too.

Beware with the AWL - Avatars Without Land. :)

moko likes this.
  4. reuge

reuge Avatar

Seriously, it just bits and bytes. Have to admire how Richard made us think how much they are worth. The person who sell millions of digital land is the true master sales man. And putting a money spinning Trojan horse in every account while soaking up gold is the master stroke. Once again the greater fool theory, something is worth as much as another fool would pay for it.

Dwalin Bombardin and Acred like this.
  5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Couldnt that be said for.. any digital purchase?
    Im paying to watch stuff on netflix right now... its just bits and bytes isn't it?

6. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

We're all made up of elements, which are kind of like bits and bytes of a different denominations.

7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Novia....A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of Novians as they traveled through the scrolls, ships, wagons, and balloons. With the pavements like freeways. I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... i got in.

8. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Does this not happen until R34 is released? I went to the bank (on alt account) today and diddnt get anything.

Acred likes this.
  9. Roycestein Kaelstrom

That is correct.

Acred and Black Tortoise like this.
  10. Toff

Toff Avatar

Why is any of this foolish? Gaming for most people is just a hobby and people tend to spend a lot money on them (Relative to their income or spending habits). I really don't understand your comments, if you are one who believes this game and the way it's played or funded is foolish why are you here? Why are you bothering to post or play? I've been waiting many years for this type of game (Yes, I'm an old UO guy), I am already getting great enjoyment out of what is completed. Again this is just a hobby and as far as hobby's go this doesn't cost nearly as much as others. I believe the real fool is someone not enjoying themselves hanging around complaining.

11. reuge

reuge Avatar

Yup, I am one of the fools. Haha.
    Just a quotation, its not a personal attack on you or any players. I have to admit I am the fool here. Not you. And I am not complaining.

Sara Dreygon and MrBlight like this.
  12. Toff

Toff Avatar

Sorry for my response then Rednought, I didn't understand your post and I thought you were trolling on us foolish spenders. Good to know you are one of us. :rolleyes:

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  13. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

While they have not definitively stated it would continue, the whole announcement made it crystal clear to me that it will continue each Release (eg. Berek's original announcement it for R33 and you were disqualified if you from free tickets in future Raffles/Lotteries). They have no sold all public requests to explain and so in the absence of clear statement to the contrary (and I have read everything from Starr, Berek, and Chris since they announced this thing), it seems obvious to me it's what they intend to happen. I would expect the announcement of that pigeon holed into the R35 Notes in about a month.

So they created a little problem for themselves...if Pledge and Anywhere Deeds are the only ones that can claim NPC territory. When they open up new NPC territory (eg. a new continent) then only the people with Pledge deeds or Anywhere Deed Raffle/Lottery winners can participate...so they don't ever have to stop the Gold Sink.

V/R Brickbat

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  14. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Whens the last hour you can buy raffle tickets?

15. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Statistically speaking if you toss a coin infinity, odds are it will be heads 50% of the time.

However, if you toss a coin 99 times getting tails every time, the 100th toss still has only a 50% chance of being heads.

Lesson: gamble with the intent to lose and you won't be a loser either way, or don't gamble and you will always be a winner.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  16. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

If you're going to give it to one you should have given it to all. As someone who has spent over 9k and now doesn't have the same financial resources as I had at the time it is patently unfair and a gross slap in the face.

17. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

This is not a democracy. It is not a free market or any other kind of market.

It is Port's game. They can do what they want, make any rules they want. Change those rules if they want.

They don't have to be 'fair'. Fair is an illusion. All you can hope to do is to try and make it unfair in your favour. You can try whining....they do have a tendency to cave to whiners.

Or you can just leave. The game wont notice your departure and will live on.

18. Roycestein Kaelstrom

I spent about 7K USD into a game and I have no problem for having more people to own a house and stay in the game longer. I don't take their decision personally. Even if they to try give me a gross slap in the face, I do have training in ninja dodge.

At the end of the day, we need more people in game to make the economy more fluid. After all, the most valuable resources in this game are decent players whom you will be interacting with.

What good would it do to own 20 estates and have no one around to admire your wealth?

zyxe, Sara Dreygon, cartodude and 8 others like this.
  19. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

No stress. Port just won't see another dime of my money.

20. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

You want to know what's unfair? The fact that you had the financial resources to drop 7k on a game. I can't do something like that and so I call that it's unfair you get all that extra stuff and I didn't. I should get the same as you even though I didn't drop 7k.

Fister Magee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.