1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lot deed Raffle/Lottery update!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Sep 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Hmmm, I also don't trust 3rd party sites, even Steam itself... :) I'd rather see stats from our very own servers and Portalarium. Those I can trust more-so.

2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

A big concern of mine with the major deed dump is are we just maxing out the credit cards of the same population. We need a constant flow of new blood to make this or any game viable. I know my wallet is pretty much capped out.

3. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

[​IMG]

DepGames likes this.
  4. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I'm actually quite impressed with those numbers actually. I played EvE , 6 months in we were getting about 700 online max from memory back in 2004, then it did take off but was a slow process. And those number are i think about maybe 20% down as not all log in via steam, so I'm quite enthused about. I do always see quite a lot players when in mmo mode so all quite good imo.

5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

If you look at the trend from the beginning of time, the stable number of players is actually increased. Unfortunately those many of those who showed up after final wipe, just came to check the game, claimed the lots and went on to something else until the game is in more playable state for them.

Acred likes this.
  6. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu Avatar

I understand this. I'm curious how many raffle tickets were sold of each type. I had 18 POT raffle tickets and won zero lot deeds. I'm just trying to figure out what the actual odds of getting 0 out 18. According to the forums, there were 2600 POT tickets sold a couple days ago, giving 18 raffle tickets a 99% chance of winning at least one lot deed. There would have to be 5000 tickets sold for a 90% chance, 8000 tickets for 75% chance, and almost 16,000 tickets sold for a 50% chance. Any information would be helpful.

- Lao Tzu

moko and gtesser like this.
  7. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I had 9 and won 1, a row lot.

cartodude likes this.
  8. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Stupid Question.

Does the Raffle System give Players with "No Lots" a higher Chance of Winning then someone who owns already fot example 10 Lots?

From my perspective the Goal of the Raffle should be to give new customers a "Focus" over the ones who already have the joy of Lots.

Just a thought.

9. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Its all about the RMT now. There is no morality here.

DepGames and Oba Evesor like this.
  10. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

If i have a Birthday Party for kids we would have the goal that all at the end got a ballon before they go instead of some 5 ballons and some crying because they did not get one.

A simple priority System maybe?

The raffle starts in 20 days for example.
    The first 15 days only accounts with no lots owned can purchase a limitet amount.
    The last 5 days all players can purchase unlimited.
    So as a new player i can increase my chance in the last 5 days and owners of Lots can participate also.

Just to get new player in the Focus again.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  11. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

So you would trust the numbers of the person whos profit is connected to these numbers "more" then a 3rd party who's profit is not connected to them.

This has nothing to do with Portalarium but i advise you to rethink the sources of numbers you give priority to trust.

The less impressive numbers are that influence sales activation the more likely you will find them not communicated or made look better

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  12. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Your math is way off there my friend.

moko likes this.
  13. Draven2

Draven2 Avatar

99% chance? Awesome. I'm gonna buy me 18 tickets.

Also.... even if the maths was correct... if 100 people bought 18 tickets... at 99%, one of you would be complaining that you didn't win anything.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.