1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lot Deed Upgrades and other Notable Changes in Patch 915

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Feb 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oplek

oplek Avatar

I have a feeling that taxed deeds are about to become an endangered species.

Edit: Though, we're also probably hitting the bottleneck of not having enough to people selling COTOs in game.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  2. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

Can't go by market value, go by value a coto is in the taxes (I don't know what that currently is BTW). Plus prices will be dropping next release since people will have a 100x better chance of getting a coto now. They may not be worth as much but will at least be able to get them.

3. Katu

Katu Avatar

100x change to get the new coto, that has value of 1/100 of current coto. Market place is showing Coto price increase.

Bom likes this.
  4. Red Swan

Red Swan Avatar

The price of Player Owned Town Castle Lot Deed dropped near half which was 3799 COTOs before in crown shop and now dropped half in a short period of time.

Has Portalarium considered for those who bought the deed in crown shop before deciding the cost required? Why the price is changed so frequent and without planning? I think this is one of the reason why most player lost the confidence.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome to the party. ;) I've been her since 2013. Now is the time you will see some huge changes so hang on to your hat. We have quite a ride ahead of us. They are going for it.

Winfield, Jaesun and Echondas like this.
  6. Godra

Godra Avatar

@DarkStarr @Chris

So how many Tax Free Founder Deeds were upgraded to the Keep and Castle lot deed sizes prior to this about face change? What are you doing to revert those back and refund the COTO's back to the players? Again, Port and the Dev team failed. This should have been reviewed before you stuck this system in live game play. Do I get a refund now on all the COTO's I purchased from the store since I was planning to upgrade my TF Founder Keep Deed to a Castle? You screw more long term players every time you act before you think!!!

No confidence in this company, team or game anymore.

Bom likes this.
  7. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

I think they did the right thing; honoring our pledges. I am happy my faith remains in those we have invested much time and money. A man admits and fixes his mistakes. Such was done here. Bravo! Lord of the Manner and Lord of the Isle! SOTA rules! I even signed up for the monthly $9.00 to help out!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  8. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Avatar

Except a few newly upgraded TF Founder Keep/Castle lot deeds still slipped through the cracks before the patch. They should have put a halt on the process as soon as the concern was raised by the community, but instead they waited until now to stop it. So I guess they kind of honored the pledge but not really at the same time.

It is good to have heavy backer like yourself to support this game and I will also be buying some stuff here and there to show my support. However this whole event does leave a bad taste in the mouth. I am pretty sure there are plenty of Founder backers are not happy with the newly upgraded TF Founder Keep/Castle deeds that got introduced into the game due to an oversight of devs.

Seems to me the TF Founder deed holders actually got short end of the stick with this whole kerfuffle.

Bom likes this.
  9. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

They will surely reverse any improper upgrades.

10. Thronwen

Thronwen Avatar

These upgrades have not been improper from the view of players who used them.
    The damage is done, so or so.

Fair reverting would mean to reimburse the cotos purchased solely for the upgrades with cash, not just drop the cotos back into the bank box of the account, which would raise bad mood. I think we all can see, that this will not work.

Another way could be (if these deeds could be separated out) - to make those deeds special grandfathered no trade items. If the owner wants to trade them, he could downgrade the deed with the cotos reimbursed, so that an original benefactor city deed upgraded to grandfathered benefactor keep deed would split to the originating benefactor city deed + COTOs for the upgrade etc. But what would happen with already traded deeds if this way is used? The buyer would earn a penalty here for nothing.

Last way: If you want the best for Portalarium, applaude them to admit a mistake and stop continuing and congratulate those lucky enough to be able to take the chance (and spend a not too small amount of money for that in support of Portalarium).

Greetings
    Thronwen

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  11. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

And where did you find this information on how many were upgraded this far? Or is this just speculation on your part?

12. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I have a taxed town deed, I was surprised that this deed was then only giving options of turning to tax free village.. the upgrade offers seem slightly out of whack with what i expected, as I didnt think downsizing would be part of it

13. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Were some of the options making it tax free or place anywhere instead of POT only?

14. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

[​IMG]

where as the one I expected to see was TF POT Town lot deed.. the one option I dont get (considering it cost me 450 dollars when I bought it from the store - my biggest regret)

Bom likes this.
  15. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

according to the chart, that should be 350. it's probably set to show the next five prices.

16. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

I think this is the method to reduce the number of procedures in programming the change from taxed to tax free deeds.
    Your current POT town lot deed holds a COTO value of 149 (not sure compared to what base here)
    To change to tax free POT town lot deed would require to add 350 COTOs, which is done in two steps:
    First change to tax free POT village deed as the lowest listed tax free POT element and therefore the base for the further calculations here for 50 COTOs. Then add 300 to go tax free POT town lot (which is listed with base value of 499).

Remember, all these tax free lot deeds have been part of pledges, which were not exactly low priced. So the price to change to tax free will reflect this some way.

Just as my conclusion, must not be the absolute truth.

*Salute*
    Olahorand

17. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

No, I bought plenty of them too.. cos I wanted my toons in QA so, I paid a shed load to get my toons on the qa server of course only for that to be made public - so I wouldnt have bought such bundles if that had been the case..

However, the POT town lot, (https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085&open=478) is still listed as a value of 450.. just for the taxed lot.. to be fair the bundle with the tax free village was about the same price.. (from memory, as apparently outlook picks now to decide searching is just WAY too hard... but I think I paid about 420 for a bundle with a tax free village)

Bom likes this.
  18. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Seems very likely, the 'reward' POT row lot deed from the quests also only shows five upgrade options as well, and there clearly should be more than that just in the same category. Probably something to discuss as part of the UI improvements plans, how exactly to present to options available for upgrading and how they are 'prioritized' for the owner - although of course there has to be some sort of limit on how many get displayed at once or the 'reward' no-trade POT row lot deed would have a massive wall of text listing potential 'upgrades' :) Multiple choice of 'category' with sub-menus of which one you want to pick, maybe?

liz_the_wiz and Alley Oop like this.
  19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I am so excited about the lot allowance. That was an amazing gift. We can now make our towns allow for more players and it is helpful to all sizes of towns. I'm very pleased with the changes. Now just npc and npc building allowances could handle a bump up ;) but I understand caution for some changes. We want upgrades to be viable to help the game development costs too.

20. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

NPC's and lights are the big drain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.