1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lot Selection Sequence Process

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Ok. Subtracted out the approximate $350,000.00 that've been spent on Player Owned Towns:

[​IMG]

Still requires just over 60,000 backers.

Atogrim likes this.
  2. Julz

Julz Avatar

Hi all,

I'm very much a fan of the current proposed lot selection process and I would like to suggest a simple enhancement that I believe will retain all the benefits but at the same time alleviate many of the concerns raised in this thread.

Right at the start EVERYONE can begin placing their lots BUT that choice can be "trumped" by anyone higher up the tier order. Your selection would only be set in stone (immune to trumping) once the allotted time for your tier had arrived. Lots that had been taken but were still available to you because you had tier priority would be flagged as available in some way. You could only change your lot selection if you had been "trumped" yourself or if you were moving to a vacant lot (no running around bumping multiple people off their lots). Ideally this would be accompanied by a map that showed everyone which lots were held and by which tier level.

Benefits
    • More time - everyone will have much more time to view the lots and consider their choices. You would only need to place your lot in your time slot at all if you had been "trumped" out of your place shortly before the arrival of that time slot (like the current proposal everyone should still log on in their time slot to check). This removes a lot of the anxiety surrounding the rush and panic aspect of the current proposal.
    • Transparency - since everyone gets to see which lots and towns are in demand before their choice is "locked down". For example before selecting a lot a Baron will now be able to see which City lots are in demand and will therefore fetch a better price when the game goes live.
    • Fairer - currently if you are fortunate enough to be awake and have the time off work to log on in the first few minutes of your time slot you can nab the best "no-brainer" lots. The method I'm suggesting would introduce some much needed two way risk to this approach. Do I grab the best slot and likely find myself "trumped" by a higher pledge or do I go for a more humble location I'm happy with and be more assured of getting it?
    People can be as involved or as removed from the whole process as they want. People with very little time can come in only during their time slot and quickly see which lots are in demand and make a very informed choice regarding which lot they want (probably bumping someone from a lower tier). People who want to be very engaged can choose on the first day and watch how things unfold, possibly reselecting several times if they go for lots that are desirable to higher tiers. Others may make an early "realistic selection" for there pledge tier and only come in again before their time slot if they get a notification email that they have been trumped.

StarLord and Atogrim like this.
  3. Calador

Calador Avatar

Hi all,

So having missed most of the earlier releases and Kickstarter and having only just pledged at the basic level $45 am I correct in thinking that I will still get access to the game prior to the public AND have the ability to place a lot and house either using in game cash or as a purchase for the lot/house through the store?

Is there anything I need to know that will drastically alter when I can place or is the only option to upgrade to Ancestor @ $275?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Calador.

Duchess Wyldemane and Atogrim like this.
  4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Ok lets see:
    Yes you will get access from now on.
    Yes you can place a lot if you buy one for gold or cash in the add on store. There will be enough space after release, that's what the devs promised.
    But you will be on the far end of the lot selection sequence, so you might be not able to get the lot in Britannia ;-)
    About the Ancestor pledge:
    You get stuff. A lot of stuff. Most important maybe the tax free lot deed.
    ALL other lot deeds you are able to obtain, be it in game or as add on from the store will have to pay taxes in gold. ONLY the lot deeds in the pledges are tax free.

Duchess Wyldemane and Calador like this.
  5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

To add to the good information already given by Atogrim, we currently can't estimate what the chances will be of obtaining a lot deed in-game after the game is released.

6. Calador

Calador Avatar

Thank you both, I figured this was likely the case. I am happy to live in taverns for a while but its nice to have a home to call your own even if it's in a remote location, I don't expect to get a city plot and I don't actually think I want one, one of the small village plots in a village would be nice.

Sounds like Ancestor is the way to go then. Just seems a huge amount of money.

Thanks again for the clarification.

Regards,

Calador

7. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

If you upgrade your pledge to Ancestor, I expect that you will get a lot in a larger town since only larger towns have Row lots. This could change, of course, but I don't think Row lots make sense in a village environment.

Available Row lots are currently scarce. Owned lots do become available again if their owners don't log in for 14 days, so there is a chance of finding one, but you have to be lucky. When the game is wiped again (possibly with Release 20) everyone has to start over and rush to get the lots they want, of course.

When the game is released, there will not be a shortage of Row lots for those who have them, because more cities will be in the game and Portalarium has guaranteed that every player will be able to claim a lot for deeds which they bought in the add-on store or which came with pledges.

8. Calador

Calador Avatar

Thanks Kara, that is very helpful advice and yes it would mean having a row lot at Ancestor as that is what you are given [doh], not sure if that is what I really want but I am enjoying the game for what it is so far. The crafting feels quite deep and I like that a lot.

Thanks again.

Calador.

9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Row house is anyway best bang for you bucks.
    All the rest are just shiny gimmicks.
    But i must admit: i love my shiny gimmicks ^^

Duchess Wyldemane, Caliya and Calador like this.
  10. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Ooh I forgot to mention POTs! If you are interested in joining a Player Owned Town, there are many in the planning and you can reserve a lot with the town owner. The owners can partition their towns any way they want, and most include Row lots. Refer to the Player Owned Towns sub-forum in the Town Hall section of the forums for information on individual POTs. Currently, only PaxLair and Vengeance (PVP) exist in-game.

11. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

While it may seem a lot up front, do not forget to factor in access to ALL 5 episodes. Forgetting the lot and goodies, 5 episodes at 45 each is $225 and then gambling you'll be one of those that can earn a lot in game or slapping down another 85 in the store for the taxable lot.

If your liking what you see, ancestor makes sense. Throw in 25 for a five story row basement and one has very decent living space

12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Damn good point Sean has there.

13. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Originally, Ancestor did not exist. The lowest tier for a tax-free lot was the $550 Citizen level.

I'm not sure why they added row lots, but I'm sure it made big (negative) waves in the forums. People weren't too happy with the decision to make the Ancestor/row lots happen.

Me, I was really glad because, even though very expensive, it's considerably less than the Citizen tier. That's when I upgraded my pledge. So it's all in the perspective.

Atogrim likes this.
  14. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

All that is true. Darkstarr also assured us there would be lots available to buy, for in-game gold, in addition to the add-on store lots - that the only way to buy a house would not be solely by the add-on store.

15. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

If I remember this correctly because in looking at the sale chart they had a huge dip in sales in that range and it was a big jump to Citizen to get a village lot. They wanted to create a reason for folks to increase their pledge levels. The results I think were worth the effort, again if memory serves me well.

Well that's my memory of it and..........

...............what were we talking about?

16. Calador

Calador Avatar

Thanks everyone, excellent advice. I will upgrade my pledge weekly until I hit Ancestor. I had completely missed the fact that episodes 1-5 were included.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Calador

17. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Can anyone tell me what GROUP an $800.00 Kickstarter Royal Founder Knight would be put in to? Some could read that I would go into GROUP 3, some could read that I'd go into non-existent overflow GROUP 10.

18. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I created a spreadsheet quite a while ago when this topic was first created. The dates are purely for example. If the OP is still accurate as far as their proposed claiming sequence goes, then you should be able to judge your sequence from the spreadsheet. But please keep in mind, this spreadsheet is based on their original thinking. Plans may have changed since the OP was written.

For your example, you would go after Benefactor Lords but before Founder Knight Marshals / Knights. It is not possible to be more specific at this time. This is due, in part, to the three-group distribution based on pledge value within your specific tier (RF Knight). This distribution has not yet been determined/released by Portalarium:

[​IMG]

Razimus likes this.
  19. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Nice, thanks for the spreadsheet, the language in Darkstarr's post I'm sure is like he said the work of a great group of people but can be very confusing. It seems to me a lot of the language contradicts, such as add-ons don't count, then add-ons do count. Then amount doesn't supersede era, then amount does supersede era. It's really confusing. So this does simplify it, thanks again.

Tyde likes this.
  20. ship2

ship2 Avatar

One thing I've been wondering about POTs, even though Village Lots appear to be gone, can you still buy a village lot and use it in a POT or is it actually impossible to buy a village lot now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.