1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lot Selection Sequencing

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

Per Starr, Baron sequence is still undecided.

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Yes, it's a much better fate than I might have expected. But if anything it's fair. There were what, 25k people roughly that were considered founders? That's a long line.

derek6665 (Baldrith) likes this.
  3. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

It's also inaccurate. A large percentage of that line will not be pledging citizen level or above.

4. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Except that I am a Founder. >.>

5. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

It's fine. This isn't unreasonable. They are being fair, and there wasn't any slippery lawyer speak that tricked us on this issue. It's happening exactly the way they said it would.

Now for waterfront property... That had some slippery lawyer-speak that lead many to believe that we should have a lighthouse attached to our property (that also includes having a house on the land portion of the property)....

It would be nice if this were addressed so that we can have both the house and the little island attachment for those of us lucky enough to get waterfront property.

6. Drocis the Devious

Please excuse me, the "potential" line.

Also, FireLotus, can we get a ruling on if money put towards the add-on store will help with our place in line? It's probably in your (the company's) best interest to say yes, right? I mean, there's a whole year left before this game goes live, so any incentive to spend more in the add-on store is good.

derek6665 (Baldrith) likes this.
  7. danceswithstaplers

danceswithstaplers Avatar

I don't think that proposal itself is unfair. It's the fact that it seems to contradict the message given to the Kickstarter backers during the Kickstarter process that rubs the wrong way.

Joviex likes this.
  8. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

lanica likes this.
  9. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I have a question about purchased lots...They have a tax on them. Will the tax begin from the day we place or will it begin once we can start playing the game? I'm not sure of the schedule and details on the placement but was just hoping I would be able to save my first months rent up...

Thanks for the update on this also. Glad to hear some positive words from founders about benefactors!

Time Lord likes this.
  10. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

It was mentioned that yes, that $501 has priority over $500, but your guess is as good as mine on whether a hard decision needs to be made to actually honor that.

11. Drocis the Devious

Oh, I didn't realize they said that the money from the add-on store would be calculated in that number. It was my understanding that only the money pledged would be counted.

12. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

It won't. Add-on purchases are separate from pledge amounts, upon which housing is determined. There was one exception, that being the Hearth of Britannia telethon. If that was explicitly stated as an exception, that means that the 'norm' is that they do not add to your pledge value.

13. vjek

vjek Avatar

Just for handy reference and repetition.. From here:

"
    Dallas Snell on April 24, 2013:
    We greatly value all of you, the early Kickstarter backers, that have made it possible for us create Shroud of the Avatar! And as befits your early-backer stakeholder value to this project, all backers during the 30 day campaign that concluded on April 7 will have priority property selection over any and all backers that came after April 7.
    "
    It would be nice to see this promise fulfilled, given the Early Founders value to this project.

14. Drocis the Devious

Thanks for the background. I hope they change their mind on this then.

15. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Long story short: You either prove your worth at holding to your word, regardless of who screwed up and misspoke, or you do not.

If it was something that slipped the cracks versus someone going completely off the rails, you have a talking point.

I have not, between the moment Dallas said that and now, seen any correction to his statement.

To say it was a mis-step and let it go that long, is very mis-leading, now, almost 8 months later, to go back on that.

It is not our fault, nor should loyal backers, who were told one thing, be summarily penalized in the rears, if you can't get the message straight.

3devious, vjek, Bubonic and 1 other person like this.
  16. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Before the new web system that goes by exact tier price, the system allowed you to pledge in any amount. You could put down 501 or 505 or 513. Some people did it on a hunch (since they said dollar amount was important) and then someone asked them for clarification via one of the hangouts. Would it give people priority over the people who were at the base tier level? They said yes, it would go down to the dollar amount, probably without thinking it through. And so more people went ahead and bumped up their pledges.

So, based on what we've learned today, when it comes time to decide the lot selection system priority, will they decide that a 'hard decision' has to be made to make it the most fair and lump the whole tier together? Will they offer refunds to those people who pledged more for an advantage?

Mishri likes this.
  17. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Not only that, but now, from the discount last weeked, people who pledged up, depending on the distance, even if the pledge was to the exact level, could have MORE money.

IOW, I am a DEV, I go to Citizen. It costs me 150$ more. In one payment I get 150$ + 15% of 150$ towards the next level.

Someone else, who has been paying in installments, but long before I decided to raise my pledge, only gets XX monthly payment + 15% towards the next level, which could be considerably smaller (given they paid off the level last month).

So, again, loyalty means less than money. Not a great message frankly.

18. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I'm starting to think that some people are starting to lose focus on what is trying to be built...... Ie an amazing game for us all to enjoy.

When i became a founder I didn't do it to get a house, I did it because I had belief in the project. Later when I pledged more it was to get a house and to help support the project more........at no point did house placement order influence what I did.........I would be amazed if it really influenced anyone's pledge.

Early this week the gripe was over 15% ....... Now it's over placement order.

Sometimes I think certain people should just grow up ........ And people wonder why I want open full loot open PvP (there are a number if people who would be on my list right now)

19. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Never complained about the 15%, but I do see business differently.

I didn't invest in a game. I invested in a company and a vision. That vision includes making a game. The vision also includes, to me, growth.

Without people pointing out the problem areas, growth never happens. Even when people DO point them out, it is still incumbent on the entity doing the project/plan, to learn, adapt and apply new methods to grow. So growing and learning are not guaranteed, even when problem areas are pointed out.

No growth == stale products. I did not invest in a single, stale game. I invested in this companies potential growth over the next five years+.

To sit by, and let something like this (take note, not a single person has said P was in the right BTW) go by without comment, or an attempt to grow the company mindset about things like marketing, client promise, ethical behavior versus screw up and general practise about how to control the message and branding, is a direct contradiction to what I invested in.

You may want a game, KS is not a store. I want a company that is here for the next 20+ years, providing all manner of entertainment.

20. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Take note, back on page one:

deryk and Atlaua like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.