1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

New Housing FAQ and Housing Article on Polygon

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vjek

vjek Avatar

It would use the same mechanism as swapping your house, MagiK. It just swaps the basement, instead.

Phredicon and Sir Stile Teckel like this.
  2. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

You should check out the housing FAQ, it might clear things up for you. As Starr said, basements work like houses. You wouldn't be swapping them pre-launch, you would be purchasing a second basement. You then choose which one you want to have on your lot. As you can swap which house you want to display, you can swap basements.

As far as designs go, yes, you have to wait for any of them to be revealed to purchase. I think that's a given. :) We have been told there are more basements on the way, and houses have been released about every month.

I agree, I would love to know what other designs we have in the pipeline, but I think they're coming as they are created. Your best bet would be to send a message to FireLotus and ask her if there is an estimated time for fine stone basements to arrive in the add-one store.

MagiK likes this.
  3. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Sounds like a plan to me,a nd I will reread the FAQ, I might have missed some points the first time through...I have been known to skim on occasion :D

4. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Lol. I would go for that.

5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

we could start our own militia! lol

6. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

A militia of basement dwellers. That works. :)

7. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

Something I haven't seen addressed (maybe I missed it). If you own a lot (meaning you had a deed and went to the lot and claimed it) can you unclaim it and get your deed back? I know if you don't pay upkeep it automatically reverts and you get the deed back (according to the FAQ). But what if you decide you don't want that lot, can you manually relinquish the lot and get the deed for it?

8. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Yes.

9. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

Where did you see that?

10. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

It was in a hangout, but I don't remember which one. One of the early ones?

11. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

ok, well if you can do that and assuming you can trade a deed like any other item with other players, then it sounds like you could sell your lot to someone else without incurring the taxes the game would normally apply. Just relinquish the lot, transfer the deed for gold, and then the new owner can claim it. The FAQ I think indicated that if you directly sell the lot you pay tax on the transaction. Using this, you could avoid that.

The downside, I guess, would be that the lot would temporarily be "vulnerable" for anyone to rush in and grab so it would require being careful! :)

12. ilcontegis

ilcontegis Avatar

I read the FAQ but I couldn't find an answer to my question.
    Will SotA propose a fully customizable housing building system? For me the ability to create a building exactly how I wanted was one of the best parts of UO.
    Otherwise the world would be full of the same 5 or 6 types of building, which would be extremely boring..

derek6665 (Baldrith) likes this.
  13. GBJackson

GBJackson Avatar

UO's housing system did not start out with the ability to completely design your house. In fact, when housing was first introduced, all you had was a TENT. Then when actual houses went in, they were of static design, and that was how it was for several years.

I would imagine that eventually, SotA will come to have designable houses. But I would not look for it to happen in Chapter One...

14. ilcontegis

ilcontegis Avatar

I was not expecting it to appear right now, I was just wandering if the devs have it in mind or not. Thank you for your answer.

15. smack

smack Avatar

This is an oft-asked question and they've only said they can't commit to anything like that currently.

Mishri and derek6665 (Baldrith) like this.
  16. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

If he's prepared to sell both Kidney's and his soul they might.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.