1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

New Pledge Rewards, New Pledge Tiers, Player Owned Towns & Stretch Goal Store Megapost

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

It's important to remember that the house isn't taxed, it's the lot that is taxed. in the case of the lot there are three ways to acquire them: pledges, add-on store, or more than likely in-game. The pledge lots are tax free and the other two are taxed. If you look at the houses in the add-on store, they don't mention anything about being taxed and I don't recall anything ever being said that they are taxed.

2. smack

smack Avatar

I think it's the deed that determines the tax status. With that, I like to think that even towns as having deeds.

Land Lot deeds purchased as part of a pledge: tax-free
    Land Lot deeds purchased from the add-on store: taxed
    Player-Town deeds purchased from the add-on store: tax-free currently

Deeds purchased in-game from Portalarium: taxed
    Deeds purchased in-game from other players: depends on the deed they are selling you

And it's also my understanding that houses aren't taxed.

EDIT: Changed "Lot" to "Land Lot" and "Town" to "Player-Town" to distinguish between land lots and entire scenes owned by players.

3. Oakwind

Oakwind Avatar

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Sorry for talking about my religion. The Ankh is fine.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Ara

Ara Avatar

Couldnt agree more, well said.

Brian likes this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    Oakwind Said;

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Sorry for talking about my religion. The Ankh is fine.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I do hope you are truly happy Oakwind, You're such a fine addition to our community and we're lucky to have you here ;)!
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"We Have Teachable Emotes" so I am toying with the idea that teachable tailor made clothing articles purchased through our online store could be a viable product............. "Or Just Something Cool to Be Able for Our Store to Offer Us"
    What does everyone think about selling special teachable tailor clothing in our online store? o_O

Eriador, Lord Baldrith and Trenyc like this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    Noctiflora Had a Revolutionary Idea that Deserves Notice;

"Our Forums, Re-Forms and Our Stretch Goals"

There is one thing that could put a better face upon our game for it's invited guests, as well as those of us that are members.
    Currently "anyone" can comment or disrupt our forums in very harmful ways. I believe with this in mind, that we are in need of a 3rd level of our forum's interactions with our general public.

A Section for Guests
    A Section for Members
    A Section for Dev+

Only in this way can we truly place an even better face upon what's going on with our New Britannia, as well as add harmony and a truer value for our "members" that are not Dev+. We do not need our members opinions diluted with our common guest's interactions.

OK, this is still an "Idea Thread", so anyone that cares to comment is very welcomed to it.... "which currently includes our welcomed non-member guests"

8. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I agree, this would be a good thing! Information from Portalarium can be public, and closed for further comments, with a link to a Members post to comment. Having a single forum for guests to post questions, plus the Player Marketplace, would be great, but there really isn't a lot of need for ANYONE to be able to read/post everywhere. A lot of the back and forth, while great for development, isn't conducive for players considering backing the project; more for existing backers to hash out thoughts and interact with the developers. This would also keep those informational posts from the developers "clean", while still providing transparency to the dev process.

9. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Anyone in this idea should check out the original thread. This was my response to Noct's suggestion:

10. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I understand that only having members able to post is bad, but that does not mean having everyone open to everyone is good. If guests are able to post, especially in a central forum where they can ask questions and get community information (like FireLotus' Tavern), and a read-only forum where they can read about development announcements, then they get all the benefits of these forums without seeing the undercurrent. The members area would not change, only what is shown publicly.

11. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

Well, I don't know that this really has to do with the OP unless we wanted to propose it as a stretch goal. The discussion is really to do with all the moderation that keeps becoming necessary on these forums, and the impression this gives to visitors. There's a thread in the General Forums.

I would just say here that if it ever were proposed as a stretch goal I'd support it wholeheartedly. And there is plenty of precedent. I've been on many game forums where there is a section for the general non-account people to get acquainted with the community and ask questions, etc., and the member only sections, some of which are read-only.

12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Alternate posting second posting accounts, where members have 2 alternate names (or more) is bad for our forums as well.

We all hope to be having many more people that will be coming to our game. An open forum for our guests would provide an area where we can all meet and greet and encourage those guests to become pledging members. This could be a heavily moderated area and those guests could view all of our first pledge tier members area.

I'm suggesting a welcome mat styled area, much the same and with many of the same topics, yet more generalized. In this way on coming guests could locate the information that Portalarium wanted them to see, yet also be accessible by our members, for us to welcome and encourage them. "Keep in mind though, that this should be a very moderated area", to show our best face and place our best foot forward.

There's nothing like having a volunteer sales staff, and that's what our members would be, "or they would expect to be moderated!"
    Selling cars is much the same, when we're asking our guests, to pledge $45.00 and take us and our game for a test drive.

***There is an issue of deleting false forum member 2nd accounts and ghost posting alternate names. but that's an entirely secondary concern***

13. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Another thought came up in another thread about how to fund such a stretch goal

"Voodoo Dolls"

At first I was thinking maybe to make them Moderator Voodoo Dolls, but that was a joke.... (you can use my name on the Voodoo Doll if you want Portalarium;))

Now I'm thinking about another type of Voodoo Doll which a player could place the name of another player (typed correctly and can be changed), where if they have a Voodoo Doll too, then their Voodoo Doll would say "Ouch" every time you opted to stick it with a pin (could be just a imaginary pin option).

It's simple, it's sort of "SotA sweet" to think of anyone that way...
    Maybe it's something fun and simple $ to sell in our add-on store o_O
    (BTW, I'm switching off the Sherbet flavor :p)

14. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

But then everyone would want to type "Time Lord" on their voodoo doll :p (So much for going anywhere undetected, as everyone will hear a muffled string of "ouches" coming from your backpack o_O)

I wouldn't mind poseable mini-versions of our characters (as well as really popular characters like Lord British, Lord DarkStarr, Rustic Dragon, FireLotus, etc.) to display at our in-game home, though ;) That might actually sell well in the add-on store...

Heck, these figures may even have a special effect ;) For example, once per in-game month, when surrounded by a group of foes, proudly pull out your One and Only figure, causing your enemies to pause for a moment (out of fear of a mass kill :eek:), so you get to perform a single action first :D Or once per in-game month, your Rustic Dragon figure slightly improves the quality of a food dish you were preparing. Just a thought...

15. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

To me, there's just not enough evil represented in our game or our online add-on store, but as well, there's not a variety other things as well. Things like farming for nice things such as tulips (forever lasting sack of tulip bulbs), Baking, (the tesla oven), Tailoring, (Black Die Tub*we all remember how important those first were in UO*) Hair, (hair styling kit).
    There's just so much that our online add-on store could sell that would remind people of all the things we will be able to do within our game and could be placed in as stretch goal rewards which are non-refundable and won't be activated or implemented until those projects are completed.

Clothing articles of all styles (evil?)... we've only begun to consider such a wide variety of things. Things that are very common and very useful. P2W?<---<<< no, pay to have ready made but not necessarily exclusive. A Bear Skin Rug for decoration, how hard could that be?

But I would be touched if on my birthday from my fireplace mantel I could hear my own Voodoo Doll screaming :D

16. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Well to get a Bear Skin rug in LotRo you may get a rare undamaged exceptional hide from a kill of a Bear/Deer/Wolf/Fish etc that can be taken to a taxidermist to make either a rug or mounted trophy of creature

Jivalax Azon and Time Lord like this.
  17. Oakwind

Oakwind Avatar

Here is some beast rugs or two....
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lord Baldrith and Time Lord like this.
  18. Leafar

Leafar Avatar

This is a bit off topic but I was just wondering if anyone has had any interaction with the customer support by email? Wondering what the turn around time to hear back from them usually is? I sent in an issue by email about 4 or 5 days ago and still have heard back. I know they are short staffed so I am patiently waiting but any info from other SOTA players/backers would be much appreciated. Thanks

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    biggame365

4-5 days has been my encounters with them.
    but that was when new Britannia was smaller...

20. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Well, it was touted as being the "spiritual successor of UO," and essentially UO2, but they couldn't take that name because it's owned by EA. At least that was my understanding, as that's what I've seen in print.

Besides, in what way is this not like UO? I mean, text typing just to communicate with NPCs and the bank. Housing, collectibles. Swag galore. An online extension of what could've been the Facebook Ultimate Collector that never really got off the ground.

OH, yes it's not like UO because there is no PvP implemented yet. Oh, and maybe it's a bit like P2W.
    ;)

wagram, Cabrens, Ahuaeynjgkxs and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.