No Sexual Objectification of Female Characters ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by lesterley, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Thanks for showing off this game, I hadn't heard about it. character creation has always been one of my favorite parts of any RPG (on computer or tabletop).. I will definitely check this out!

Time Lord and majoria70 like this.
  2. Net

Net Avatar

That is awesome way how to boost view count of the video:) There is great character creation system, I like that.

I am not against choices, but you should face consequences (I am more realistic person). I really hate half-naked characters wandering around frozen plains, they should freeze to death (on the other hand, wearing full body armor in the desert may not be wise either). Also if your armor covers 10% of your body, then do not expect the same protection as the armor covering 90% of your body has. If someone can be half-naked (or rather unarmored, because I do not think that clothing makes much difference against arroes and swords) it should be wizards and witches. They can protect themselves with magic and armor would slow them down. Also I really have to mention that traditional gaming boob shaped armor is stupid because it prevents its wearer from performing a wide range of motions and it 'guides' attacks to the middle of the chest, that is not healthy.

PS: In some games only females can be almost naked, I do not think that is right. Both male and female characters should have wide range of clothing and armor options. I just want more realistic consequences for wearing them. The less armor you have the faster you can be, but at the same time you have much less protection.

Miracle Dragon and Ceal Astra like this.
  3. Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega Avatar

LMAO With every Prego chick comes one Free ( account/Baby) hahah

4. Sunsanvil

Sunsanvil Avatar

Noble sentiments to be sure, but I think there is such a thing as being too realistic. The reality is... this isn't reality. I don't think many people would like it if their beloved full plate actually behaved like full plate.

Now I'm most certainly against bikini armor and 6" heels (which is both extreme and ridiculous), but consider for a moment in Ultima heritage NONE of us has ever had any problem with the coveted "Magic plate". What the heck makes it better protection than regular plate?!? Well....its magic! We buy into that with no issue, or even a second thought. Why is it then we get so hung up on the amount of protection a more, shall we say, attractive outfit is providing a female character?!? For my part I can accept that "boob shaped armor" as you call it just plain "works" in the fantasy world. The added diversity is worth it! I know a lot of female players wouldn't be happy if their toons cant appear feminine.

Objectification of women is deplorable and in the spirit of the OP no one should be forced to play a scantly dressed toon, but on the subject of "realism" I'm ok with an appearance which favors style over function. I mean, seriously, the male armor in games is hardly realistic so why get hung up on the appearance of female armor. We are after all talking about a world where you get wailed on by dragons and magically heal before the sun goes down...

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  5. Eli Fox

Eli Fox Avatar

Are bare breasts considered sexually objectifying? Spending several years in Europe and seeing the freedom of swimming pools, and beaches really gave me appreciation for the right for women to show their breast and be free.

I think it is objectifying women to tell them they cant show their breasts. Why is it okay for men but not woman?

I say the game should allow bare breasts, and complete nudity for both sexes to avoid sexual objectification.

Cities and towns could differ on dress codes, we wouldn't want people running around naked all time.

I know I will be looking for the sexiest male attire I can find when walking around town.

6. Avatar Aiden

Man boobs (moobs) are gross. And if you have back boobs.....well.......then you're special.

rild, Lord Baldrith and Eli Fox like this.
  7. Net

Net Avatar

I might agree on that but what is too much realistic is highly subjective imho. I can accept magic armor, though I still think it should be just better looking regular armor with better stats. If someone knows how armor actually works (and why is some armor strong or weak against various weapons), they expect it to work more or less same way in the fictional world unless the very basic physic laws are different (which they are not, there is magic but other than that we still have gravity, momentum, electricity...). So I would prefer if armor behaved more or less realistically. Sure, it can be enchanted or decorated, but I would prefer if they tried to avoid "it's magic, duh" approach if they can help it.

Anyway magic or not, I think that armor should allow characters to swing swords and be effective in fight (i.e. to ahve wide range of motion). This is often problem of male armors in various games as well, those armors have various spikes that seem to be more dangerous to their wearer than anyone else. As you can see, I would like to have realistic male armor as well. I would be quite happy with realistic armor, it really does not matter whether male or female.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.