Ongoing Enchant and Masterwork List

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Krasavcheg, Sep 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Have this on leather chest

2. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

Hi Magnus Zarwaddim! The benefits of becoming a GM, or simply raising your Enchanting or Masterwork skill is your chance of success in succeeding in the Enchant or Masterwork and lowering the chance of destroying the item if you fail. Hitting GM itself doesn't offer a magically safe point, it's just a marker on the road to greater success. Each time you attempt an Enchant or Masterwork there's a percentage chance of success shown in the crafting window, succeed and you get your 3 choices. While if you fail the item you're Enchanting or Masterworking is destroyed forever along with the gold/silver ingots. I'm not sure exact percentages at 100 skill for GM, but it's roughly 95% success first Enchant or Masterwork, 83% 2nd and around 43% third try. So you're around 34% chance of success for all 3 to succeed. It drops to around 14 to 16% for 4th try. Depending on the enchant/masterwork and the item, it will reduce the overall durability by 5 to 40 points. So INT or STR on boots would be -5 durability while the chance to cast Tremor on hit with a Gaiaism gem socketed weapon would be -40 with everything else in between. As for how much materials to get to GM or 80, that depends on your crafting pool... the larger the pool, the fewer materials needed. So with a crafting pool of 100,000 XP you might contribute 1,000 XP per attempt while a crafting pool of 1,000,000 might contribute 10,000 Crafting XP per attempt up to the required amount to achieve the level so you'd need 1/10th the materials. Those aren't the exact numbers just an estimated example. You should also look for Founder's Crafting Table for the +5 bonus to further increase your success chance/ HQ+1 with an extra 50 durability & consider the Devotionals for their +3 to +5 buff depending on the size of the town for + Alchemy (Honesty -> Hand symbol) & + Blacksmithing (Valor -> Sword symbol) or other depending on your Masterwork line (Carpentry/Tailoring has one as well). There is a cap of 30 durability for items being Enchanted or Masterworked. Hope this helps!

3. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

@Arcadeguy that was an awesome explanation. Thanks.

Arcadeguy likes this.
  4. tyorl999

tyorl999 Avatar

I got on 98 Armor Enchantment an 3% Durablity Effectness; I think on Weapon Enchantment should be the same

At GM Masterwork Blade Weapons and ChainArmor I got +30 % Durability as an Option; that option should be on Plate Armor and Shiels too

5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

There is a "mega heal" spell called Sacrifice that would normally critically damage you, but not if you have high life resist allegedly. Only available to "death preist"

6. Acred

Acred Avatar

The misconception that SotA will be released in July has come up before, @Cream2 . It was answered by Richard Garriott, who clarified that the "story complete" stage would be reached in July and that the plan is to release the game at the end of 2017.

Quote from the recent Update:
    Shroud of the Avatar is at a very exciting time in development. As you know, we are in the process of putting the finishing touches on the story, polishing the new user experience, and a host of other efforts to prepare the game for a commercial launch of Episode 1 – Forsaken Virtues later this year.

7. Krasavcheg

Krasavcheg Avatar

Updated lots of changes, added some additional comments to the jewelry which helps the weapon enchant PROC items so there is less confusion and added in the durability % increase opened up on 98+ in Masterwork and Enchants.

Added in new shield masterwork info.

Masterwork database revamped and made cleaner.

I personally did the ranged, bludgeon, polearms and cloth so I know those are complete. Not sure about the completeness of chain, plate and blades.

Kvow Triumvir likes this.
  8. Krasavcheg

Krasavcheg Avatar

@Talimar @Daxxe Diggler @Barugon @Browncoat Jayson @Cream2 @Arcadeguy @Mac2 @Acred @Lord Baldrith @monkeysmack @moko @Sara Dreygon @Snazz @King Robert @Psylent @Swan @Sir Leonard @Thunkest @zyxk i n g @Arcadeguy @Roycestein Kaelstrom @Numa @EMPstrike @Scoffer @Magnus Zarwaddim @Alley Oop @Lord Halvard Fimbultyr @tyorl999

Can I ask kindly for you to go to this forum post of mine and delete all your old posts from it?

Please continue to update with any new valid info, but I don't want old information mixed in with this, in order to keep it as current as possible. I read all 4 pages and made all changes.

Thanks,

Corp Por

FrostII, Daxxe Diggler and Cream2 like this.
  9. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

The Healing Power chest buff should be a % bonus to Life Heal Power versus the On Hit (5%): Heal Self (Chests). I got a 7% Life Heal Power option today on a chainmail chest with a Thaumaturgy (not Theurgy which is air) gem socketed. Of note, the enchant had the 7% Life Heal Power and the On Hit (5%) Heal Self and the 7% Life Heal Power was -30 durability while the On Hit Heal Self option was -40 durability.

Numa likes this.
  10. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

Do we know if warding gems offer different buffs then the normal attunement gems?

Numa likes this.
  11. Numa

Numa Avatar

In R45 I crafted some onyx (death) ward jewelry and got an option for bonus Death Creature damage which is applicable only summoned death mobs. With that limited test I would guess that the answer to your question is "no".

12. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

Talimar and Numa like this.
  13. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

Can we get proficiency requirements added? for instance what legel to get the rapid fire power available on bows for example.

Nikko and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  14. Numa

Numa Avatar

Just my 2 cents, but maybe someone can take this thread over & keep it updated just as @Sara Dreygon did for the Artifact Database thread. This information is too important not to keep updated.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  15. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

This can't really be serious...you lose 40 durability for an enchant that gives you a 1 in 20 chance on each hit of healing yourself 4-13 hp? Are we sure it's not 4-13% of your health, or something?

And is that chance when hitting something, or when getting hit? Anyone know?

That's what I really wish was out here somewhere on the forums, a good discussion of which enchants/masterworks are better for a particular play style and why. There's the obvious (ranged love dex!) and then beyond that there's a bunch of nothing. Like why you should pick 1.4 INT over 7 focus or vice versa, for example.

Course that would require a solid post/info/tooltips on what all is helped by STR/DEX/INT, which as far as I know doesn't exist either. Just bits and pieces scattered here and there, mostly by Chris on his daily blog thread.

Rentier, Numa and GreyMouser Skye like this.
  16. Numa

Numa Avatar

I agree - this would make a great thread. Why not start it? Many people would love to jump in ( me included).

Rentier likes this.
  17. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

Here's a condensed table. Enjoy. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  18. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

@Datendrache this is a great table. I noted that one proc for death jewelry:

Death Creature Damage: +5.3% Summoned Death Creature Damage

Is not on here. Is it possible there are three rows instead of two rows for some entries? Or did that proc get halted?

Cheers!

Ben

Datendrache likes this.
  19. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

He put the life resist for jewelery which i think belongs on chest (so 3 enchants for chest), and jewelery is summon creature power and drain health. Earth enchants wrong also.

Datendrache and hroth like this.
  20. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

@hroth @Elrond -- Thanks for the catch. All chests are supposed to have the opposite skill tree as a resist, stated at the bottom. Figured it made the table a bit smaller with less space (i.e., so I didn't have to add a third row for each skill tree). Death and Earth did have a mistake by including opposite skill tree resistance- they aren't connected to jewelry and only for chests. I've fixed both of those entries and double checked the jewelry entries for accuracy.

Sorry about the error, but thank you very much for your critical eye. If you catch any more please let me know.

The original post with the chart was updated, and as an added bonus, its been widened a bit so none of the rows are chopped off and maybe a bit more readable.

Engineer

Rentier, Elrond and hroth like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.