Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maka, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazard

Hazard Avatar

2. Hardy

Hardy Avatar

The trend isn't looking to good. I suspect a last minute surge will bring it over the line, but I don't think those stretch goals are going to get blown away.

Time Lord, Gemini and Hazard like this.
  3. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 Avatar

I hope that game does well for the fans of that type of game... but please let cloaks be the only part of the collaboration..the last thing I want is the taint from that game infecting this one..I played evercamp for 2 years and don't have one bit of nostalgia for it.. bad PVP and spending hours upon hours camping or waiting for spawns is just not my cup of tea.

4. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

I should go ahead and pledge to it, I still haven't, still debating how high to go. I might as well throw in $50 or so... I figure if I'm going to pledge early money to something I might as well get something out of it. (in-game items/titles/cosmetics)... looking at the $100 option as being my likely one.

BTW the camping for spawns and pvp weren't part of the mud that he based EQ1 off of, the mud would spawn items at server restarts(crashes usually) and never respawn till the next crash. This is also when it would check for what zones it should load, and there were a small chance for "rare" zones(Regular Jotunheim would normally load, but a rare chance of Jotunheim Invasion would load, which was harder with better items) would always load, b to come up, so after a server restart we'd go scurrying around to find what loaded. Most zones were done with 10-15 people if I remember right (been awhile).. So obviously you can't use that system with a game like EQ so I guess someone decided those long spawn timers were better.. I have no idea who came up with that, but it doesn't sound fun to me. Oh, and frequently the admins on a weekend would do a mercy reboot if everything had been cleared and it had been awhile since the last one. Once the mud got to be more stable this had to be done more often.

Obviously most of us these days can think of better ways to handle it. make the content spawn but have rare spawn items, and normal spawn items that sort of stuff.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. G Din

G Din Avatar

This Genre has been used to death and is now over !! Gods or heroes blah blah blah...this game has zero chance of being funded, especially with all the issues kickstarter MMOs have had.

Gemini likes this.
  6. Hardy

Hardy Avatar

BTW guys - if you read the FAQ then it is made clear your not kickstarting the game creation, your kickstarting a proof of concept of the game which still needs to be funded at a future date. Either by a further crowdfunding or pitched to a publisher.

I still think this deserves to be supported, but just be aware to read the FAQ closely on this one to understand what you are actually backing.

7. Akeashar

Akeashar Avatar

Ouch. Thanks for the pointer. Theres another Kickstarter out there for a Sci Fi MMO, which is on its second or third *successful* kickstarter to raise funds for the game. I'm just looking at all the funds they're raising and wondering if they really underestimated the funds they'd need to make the game, or were just keeping it from their supporters to try and split it up into groups.

8. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Well I wish them luck...I'm a little concerned because they have like $400,000 to make in 16 days...It's gonna be tough.

9. Maka

Maka Avatar

Worst case our Pantheon friends can join us playing the greatest game of 2014! Shroud of the Avatar.

10. Graye

Graye Avatar

I think that the most "collaboration" would really be with assests and design features.

I don't see SoTA or Pantheon crossing over with lore, combat mechanics, abilities, etc... More like: SoTA wants to add in something with a dragon and shouts over to the Pantheon crew to see what dragon(s) they may have done up already. Thus saving the time/production cost. And vice versa.

Maka likes this.
  11. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Well, I think it has a little better chance than some, given the background and recognition of McQuaid's history with EQ, but I do agree the MMO market has gotten saturated with several would-be "game changers" that have either crashed and burned out the gate, or limped along to eventual cancellation. This includes his last effort, Vanguard, which WAS very EQ-like from all accounts, but lacked the staying power and market share to endure.

That said, if the coin were tossed, I want to see SotA go forward as not just a successful addition to the fantasy MMO genre, but I -REALLY- want it to become the next UO2/Ultima-like world that we all so much enjoyed, and subsequently become a market leader as a result. Funding yet another potential competitor (to me, anyway) just isn't in the cards.

12. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I hope you decided to pledge to them. Even though he had nothing to do with EQ2, there wouldn't have been an EQ2 if there wasn't Everquest so I pledged for it despite being burned by Vanguard. Richard and Brad are in the same position this time. Neither will be able to use publishers for an excuse for any failures this time. If both games suck (whether or not they do well/fold) they will be dead to me. I don't care about the market or what have you, I just want a good game with no excuses. Both of these guys have a chance to do just that and I support them and wish them luck.

Time Lord and NRaas like this.
  13. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Okay so I saw this KS was struggling (12 days left and not 50% yet) so I went ahead and did $25 toward them... figured anyone else out there who thinks this game should be made (even if I likely will not play it) and has a bleeding heart might have wanted the update...

p.s. any clue on how we get the cloak?

Time Lord and Caska DiFumarate like this.
  14. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

We get the cloak after pantheon is funded and they sync their list with portalarium's list.

15. Gemini

Gemini Avatar

While I liked EQ, if I backed Pantheon that would reduce time available to play Shroud of the Avatar! And it requires a monthly game time subscription! Looks like they will struggle even with a 48 hour surge to meet their funding goal.

16. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

10 days left and not even 50% yet. Don't think this one will go.

17. Hardy

Hardy Avatar

Pantheon has expected release date of 2017.

Half of us will likely be retired by then so we should have more time ;-)

Time Lord and Maka like this.
  18. Akeashar

Akeashar Avatar

Well, I guess if we get Pantheon in-game cloaks in 2014, thats 3 years of free advertising for the game if it gets funded. ^~

(I know a few games that failed at Kickstarter that went down other paths... usually Indigogo where they're guaranteed your money even if not successful)

19. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I think Pantheon is suffering from bad timing. EverQuest Next already had a lot of steam, will be coming out sooner, and already captured the funds of people who want a new EverQuest. I wish the campaign well though.

Time Lord, NRaas and smack like this.
  20. smack

smack Avatar

Yep, I hope they succeed as well. They're definitely going to need a boost in the next 9 days though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.