PaxLair PoT in Early Release - events, news, housing, open to communities

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Winfield, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Here is the End of Release 19 PaxLair Census. - taken on July 29, 2015.

[​IMG]

C1 -- Sean Silverfoot
    C2 -- Pindar Sumerian
    C3 --
    C4 -- Vallas Tellen
    CA1 -- Winfield
    R01 --
    R02 -- Elgarion De'Kahli
    R03 -- NANOC
    R04 --
    R05 -- badger paxlair
    R06 -- Night Fury
    R07 -- Euda Forebright
    R08 --
    R09 -- Sole
    R10 -- Meyaka
    R11 -- Gwynn Mawr
    R12 -- Katrina Bekers
    R13 -- Elmo
    R14 --
    R15 -- Maedhros
    R16 -- Womby
    R17 -- Robert Blackwood
    R18 --
    R19 -- Lonn
    R20 -- Ruvean Skytower
    R21 -- Rafael Lontra
    R22 -- Leos SunWeaver
    R23 -- Sean Silverfoot
    R24 -- Mjolnir
    R25 --
    R26 -- Lorimus
    R27 --
    R28 --
    R29 -- TheMadHermit
    R30 -- Tolly Lardbottom
    R31 --
    R32 -- Tari Silimsure
    R33 -- Bowen Bloodgood
    R34 -- Grant MacGregor
    R35 --
    R36 --
    R37 --
    R38 -- Aristotle Stargirus
    R39 --
    R40 -- kissaki
    R41 -- Darkblade
    R42 -- Sophi
    R43 -- StarLord
    R44 --
    R45 --
    R46 -- Bono Atlantic
    R47 --
    R48 --
    R49 -- Rawnie DeDouglas
    R50 -- Sara Dreygon
    R51 -- Gurney
    R52 -- Sindyr IbnTophius
    T01 -- Themo Lock
    T02 --
    T03 --
    T04 -- Greagoir
    T05 -- Net
    T06 -- Knowitts
    T07 -- Gaelis Trajan
    T08 -- Amber Raine
    T09 -- Jack Frost
    T10 --
    T11 -- Karuson Garrett
    T12 -- Edward Newgate
    T13 -- Merlino
    V01 -- Brazen Spirituality
    V02 -- Stryker Sparhawk
    V03 -- Bambino Ludovate
    V04 --
    V05 -- Sios Legna
    V06 -- Pindar Sumerian
    V07 --
    V08 --
    V09 -- Murdock Redbone
    V10 -- Ji'tyr
    V11 --
    V12 --
    V13 --
    V14 -- Greagoir
    V15 --
    V16 -- Jiirc Overshoes
    V17 -- Doctor Shroud
    V18 -- Doctor Shroud
    V19 -- Matterio
    V20 -- royalsexy
    V21 -- Lady Cathan
    V22 -- Malakas
    V23 -- Kara Brae
    V24 --
    V25 -- Sindariya Tyelma
    V26 -- Arianna
    V27 --
    V28 -- Violation
    V29 -- Edward Newgate
    V30 -- Drake Aedus
    V31 -- Wind Silvermoon
    V32 -- Rufus D'Asperdi
    V33 --
    V34 -- Spoon
    V35 -- Karuson Garrett
    V36 -- Aegon Targaryen
    V37 --
    V38 -- Serillian
    V39 -- Trelass Selarts
    V40 -- Denisius Dragonus
    V41 -- Doctor Shroud
    V42 -- Wahooka
    V43 --
    V44 -- Token Bones
    V45 -- Sean Silverfoot
    V46 -- LUMPdizzle
    V47 -- Kazuto Kirigaya
    V48 -- One Zero
    V49 -- Budner
    V50 --
    V51 -- Chaos Darkbane
    V52 -- Ashlynn
    V53 -- Gabriel Nightshadow
    V54 -- Luka Melehan
    V55 -- Camriel Swiftbow
    V56 -- Atlara Skeuferyl
    V57 --
    V58 --
    V59 -- Bowen Bloodgood
    V60 -- EternalKnight
    V61 -- Minerva
    V62 --
    V63 --
    V64 -- Woftam
    V65 -- Gaelis Trajan
    V66 -- Balec deCani
    V67 -- Winfield
    V68 -- Town Drunk

2. Winfield

PaxLair Plan for Release 20
    Starts Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 10:30 AM CDT (US)

Our main goal for Release 20 is to work with the new Dynamic Lot Placement (DLP) tool, as was announced last Friday, in a large metropolis scene. We want to see how well it works, report problems and cool things about it. We also want to work with other PoT owners and interested people to help them try out the DLP.

• PaxLair will receive a full wipe of housing and decorations down to the Forest01 Template. This is so we can use the new DLP tool to re-arrange our town's lots anyway we desire.
    • This means we will loose all customization that Hutch (developer) placed for us. We are sorry to see these things go and we enjoyed working with these props over the past three months. Thank you Hutch! You are great and you showed all of us the realm of possibilities and creativity!
    • As such, our customizations will be wiped: castle walls, NPC buildings, NPCs (except for town crier/banker), street lamps, downtown stage and whatever else Hutch added or change after the template was put in place in R17.

[​IMG]
    Forest01 template showing the flat spaces where lot markers can be used. The unmarked area downtown may be able to be used too, where the NPC buildings were in PaxLair. It should be flat enough too.

STAGE 1 in R20 (Day 1)
    • GETTING STARTED - When R20 launches, our PaxLair will not have ANY housing lots.
      • I will go in as owner and make a small lot near the entrance in the NW corner. I will do this with the DLP tool. Then I will have access to the Town Management interface to add Stewards. These Stewards can use the DLP tool to place lot locations as well using lot markers that I will receive.
      • I will claim the lot with a lot deed so it can be used as a resource / staging point for the Stewards. I will add some chests so we can share markers, resources, etc.
    • ROW HOUSES FOR TEMPORARY HOUSING - I will quickly place row house lots near west of where the Castle was so people can claim row houses while we build out more lot locations in the rest of PaxLair. north of the Docks downtown. I will add a pavilion and add crafting stations. I will add a community warehouse too for residents to share materials.
      • This is intended for people to get up and running quickly in PaxLair, start getting resources, working on projects, etc.
      • Who will be allowed to live in the temporary housing? Mainly those that have worked with us in the past releases to bring PaxLair to life. Sean Silverfoot is managing the list of people. We will be flexible and get more lot locations placed as soon as we can.
    STAGE 2 in R20 (the first 4 days)
    • We will place more lots in areas to support the more permanent structures, like Church, taverns, meeting hall, stage, etc. so those can get up and running quickly.
    • We will be testing some areas for castle/keep placements in this Forest01 template. We will also see how creatively we can place lots in different areas. So we will not quickly reconstruct the exact lots we had in R17-R19. We want to experiment with flat space downtown and in the more remote areas. We need to test the template for flatness and report any problems.
    • We may try some houses to see how neighborhoods can look and feel for organic growth ... and then bulldoze them to try some other strategy.
    STAGE 3 in R20 (days 5 and beyond) - We will follow our noses. We will still have events as scheduled (working hours, meetings, fishing, etc.) But we want to also enjoy the new Dara Brae island too! So what all happens in Stage 3 remains to be seen for PaxLair, but we have a lot of lots to place and thanks for being patient with us.

On to Release 20!

Oh, my big personal goals in R20 are to experiment with "Castle Life" and town neighborhoods. More to come on that later.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    lorghon, Acred, unicornslady and 8 others like this.
  3. Winfield

As R20 rolls out, we of PaxLair and more people are certainly willing to help PoT owners and residents to work with their towns and placement of lots.

If you have problems or questions, please come to the following TS3 location and seek out me Winfield, Sean Silverfoot, Themo Lock or others. We tested the dynamic lot placement tool and can help you.

Teamspeak 3 channel:
    Themo Lock
    43.245.163.15:10099
    no password

Also please use SotA IRC #PlayerOwnedTowns channel to work with us too!

Please pass this word to other PoT owners... thanks!

4. Winfield

The plan has changed a little...

We will build some row house lots (12 at least) just north of downtown near the water since the town crier/banker will be at the docks. We will have a crafting pavilion and geocache boxes too for people to use.

We won't start building at the castle area yet.

5. Winfield

Acred, Themo Lock, Mata and 1 other person like this.
  6. Winfield

We are making good progress in building out the Harvestwood Neighborhood on the north side of PaxLair. We used the dynamic lot placement (DLP) tool and helped the devs work out some bugs. We are very big into testing and the DLP is a great tool, so we want to thoroughly test it out.

The goal of neighborhood building is to work together and we are trying that in earnest this release in PaxLair. We have a lot of flexibility too, so we can work on many projects and test ideas.

So we are designing where things are as we go, and people come up with ideas. We still have to place some more permanent houses, like the decoration company, stage, etc. We will sort all those things out this weekend.

People wanting to move into PaxLair just need to reach me, Themo Lock, Sean Silverfoot, or NANOC. You might start with a row house and we get things set up better in the days ahead. Will be lots of fun!

Below is the Harvestwood Neighborhood so far. I am working on a map and that should be ready Saturday. We have working hours 9 AM to 1 PM CT (US) on Saturday mornings:

Bear Tavern (City) -- Vallas Tellen
    Crafting Pavilion (Village) -- Jiirc
    Church of Dark Star (Town) -- Amber Raine
    Entry to Church of Dark Star (Village) -- Amber Raine
    Home (Village) -- Malakas
    Central Park (Village) -- NANOC
    PaxLair Office (Row) -- Winfield
    Home (Town) -- Manerd
    Lighthouse (Village Water) -- Engel LaCorsaire
    Public Facilities (Village) -- Gypsy Mary
    Northwood Tavern (Village) -- Da Bubbyz (and Ty ofBritain)

Katrina Bekers, Acred and Themo Lock like this.
  7. Winfield

We just added an Obsidian Tower to a city lot at the entrance to PaxLair. It also has a City Stone PVP Arena below it. Have fun!

8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Any chance you find a Town Tower Home you can set up?
    And YAY you have a bank!
    Finally nor more running through the east reach gap to get my stuff ^^

9. Winfield

We have lots of room to play around with and set things up. We are creating neighborhoods as our main setup strategy, so a lot depends on what you want to do in PaxLair. We also have some other PoTs coming online too as part of our "Cluster". Let me, Sean Silverfoot, and Themo Lock know more specifics on what you want to do. Thanks!

Sean Silverfoot, Sophi and Atogrim like this.
  10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Ah no, you got me wrong. That happens a lot to me lately ^^
    Let me rephrase the question: dose any of you or one of your citizens own a Tower Town home so i can just take a look at it?
    Want to buy one but would like to take a look at it first ;-)

11. Winfield

So do we have the following house in PaxLair? I do not have one ... if someone has one, I can lay down a town plot marker for someone to claim and then put up the tower.

http://sotawiki.net/images/0/04/SotA_Tower_Town_small.jpg

[​IMG]

Atogrim likes this.
  12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Yeah that was the question. Oh well, at one point I will find one and be able to look at the new floor plan.
    Portalarium really should add the floor plans to the houses in the shop.

Acred likes this.
  13. Winfield

I mapped out house lots in PaxLair. We are using the Dynamic Lot Placement tool. Only about 50% of the square footage for the metropolis. I also update the OP in this thread. We will work on numbering lots. Neighborhoods are forming and groups in the larger buildings.

August 2, 2015 - Release 20:

Release 20 wiped all of PaxLair, and we are now using the Dynamic Lot Placement tool allowing us to place lot markers on flat areas whenever we want. We can move them around too. So we are "building" PaxLair on the Forest01 Template as we come up with new ideas. Here is the map of lot markers; we are adding more lots as people wish to be in PaxLair. The Row Lots are available to anyone wanting to be a resident, except for a few special locations. Just reach Winfield and Sean Silverfoot.

[​IMG]
    PaxLair in Release 20

[​IMG]
    PaxLair in Release 20 showing the "flat spaces" on the template.

Jatvardur, Acred and calkano (PAX) like this.
  14. Winfield

Here is a version of the PaxLair Map we will try to keep current and note Areas of Attraction!

If you want to get your establishment on the Attractions List, let us know what you are doing, run some events, place some services (like crafting stations, vendors, or other features), hang out and meet people, and have great decorations!

[​IMG]
    20150802PaxLairMap.png

Legend:

• Red Star - PVP Arena Basements (Castle, City, Town, Village)
    • 1 - BEAR Tavern
    • 1 - PaxLair Furniture Company
    • 2 - Obsidian Towers (Town and Village)
    • 3 - Crafting Pavilion with Vendors and Crafting Stations
    • 3 - Row Houses that any "Resident" may occupy (The other row houses NE can also be occupied)
    • 4 - Adobe Fortress for the PaxLair groups and guilds from Old Britannia
    • 5 - Future location of the Memorial Cemetery
    (The V and C east of box 3 denote Vendors and Crafting Stations respectively, I did not get them lined up right; will fix later)

15. Winfield

Here is a view of the Obsidian Towers near the entrance in PaxLair.

[​IMG]

We seek people who want to test the towers for deco, bugs, and more feedback. Artistic feedback like Drocis made is REALLY appreciated, not just functionality.

We also have three row houses right at the towers reserved for people who want to test the towers. I just need to add whoever is interested to the PaxLair town residents list, then you can claim a row house. Reach me (@Winfield), @Sean Silverfoot, @Themo Lock, and/or @Gaelis (Gaelis Trajan) (our Decoration Company owner) by PM, in game, etc.

16. Winfield

We had a great PaxLair meeting last night (Sunday at 7 PM CT US, midnight GMT). We held the meeting in PaxLair at the Central Park in Harvestwood, PaxLair. We used text chat and Teamspeak. People can listen on Teamspeak too, even if they don't want to/can't talk. When we did the tour, it was much faster, more explanative, and possibly even more immersive through voice than in text.

1. PaxLair was wiped in R20, including NPC buildings. So it is a fresh Forest01 template.
    2. We are building out areas / neighborhoods as people want to move in and do things.
    3. The neighborhood row house lots are available for anyone on the residents list to claim. All guild members throughout the PaxLair cluster of PoTs can be added. Will need help from those guild masters to add their people to the PaxLair residents list. We will also add anyone wishing to live in PaxLair and participate in the communities.
    4. Kazyn Phoenixfyre explained how media streaming is on the rise and going very well!
    5. We are working to help make PaxLair a multi-lingual town, relying a bit on interpreters.
    6. We will have two mayors of PaxLair sometime in the future, informally and/or officially at some point. One will be able to work with people in the Eastern Hemisphere, and another for the Western Hemisphere. I will appoint the mayors; people can nominate. We may be a few months off from doing this, or even testing the idea. But I wanted to give people the idea now.
    7. Took a tour around PaxLair. Everyone must see the Castle!
    We went fishing in Dara Brae. Thanks Jack Knyfe for getting us there!

The plan for this week is to continue building our businesses, helping each other, testing things and reporting bugs and suggestions, and working together. Keep an eye on the calendar as there are more Working Hours and many community events planned too. http://avatarscircle.com/community-events/

The TeamSpeak server is always open and many people hang out in there throughout the day. You can come in and listen if you don't want to speak.

Teamspeak 3 channel:
    Themo Lock
    43.245.163.15:10099
    no password

17. Acred

Acred Avatar

Hello from Trelass Selarts. I'm very happy with the lot Sean opened to me in the Southwest corner of "Downtown" and am slowly creating my "Wishing Well Bakery" there complete with (picnic) tables and the well, of course.

I would like to place my vendor when I have crafted some comestibles to sell. I hope this fits in with the PaxLair plans?

[​IMG]

18. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Looks great Acred, nothing like waking to the smell of fresh bakery goods being made!

Themo Lock, Acred and Winfield like this.
  19. Winfield

We are preparing for Working Hours this morning (Saturday at 9 PM CDT US = 1400 GMT through about 2 PM CDT = 1900 GMT) - Below is a map I am preparing for Sunday night publication for our weekly meeting. We are still building areas in PaxLair ... about about 55% square footage used.

See the bridge east of downtown with new connections to the other boroughs of PaxLair (other PoTs connected).

[​IMG]
    Use Ctrl-F5 to refresh your browser cache if you don't see all the numbers in the map that are listed below.
    • Red Star - PVP Arena Basements (Castle, City, Town, Village)
    • 1 - BEAR Tavern
    • 1 - PaxLair Furniture Company
    • 1 - PaxLair Coffee Shop (Minerva) for daily Breakfast Club gatherings!
    • 2 - Obsidian Towers (Town and Village)
    • 3 - Central Park and Row House any "Resident" may occupy
    • 4 - PaxLair Cargo Ship
    • 5 - Crafting Pavilion with Vendors and Crafting Stations
    • 5 - Row Houses that any "Resident" may occupy
    • 6 - Adobe Fortress for the PaxLair groups and guilds from Old Britannia
    • 7 - Town Market and Cargo Off-loading location
      • expanded for a Town Communication Center (notes, cache boxes, hangout spots)
      • expanded to test transitioning deco across lots more organically
    • 8 - Blue Roof Inn (already owned lots, can be assigned out to people without lot deeds)
    • 9 - Bridge with Teleport locations to other Boroughs of PaxLair:
      • Wagon - Tenakill
      • Sewer Cover - Dragons Watch (PVP)
      • Boat - Serenity Isle
      • Sewer Cover - Sea Nymph Grotto
      • Wagon - Lockbrier
    • 10 - Wishing Well Bakery
    • 11 - Future location of the Memorial Cemetery
    • 12 - Fishhook Lake Pub and Park

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    Gaelis, Themo Lock, Quenton and 2 others like this.
  20. Winfield

We had a great opening to the PaxLair Working Hours today.

We visited Lockbrier through the new teleporter wagon at the bridge in PaxLair. We will be working on help define where we want entry and exit points for our PaxLair boroughs.

We visited the Blue Roof Inn in SW Downtown of PaxLair and the Wishing Well Bakery.

BLUE ROOF INN:

For the Blue Roof Inn, I added several people as Trustees to all of the buildings there -- 8 row houses, a pavilion, and a meeting hall.

The Goal: To help new people, without lot deeds, to work as part of a community, craft, have storage, etc. and get help from others as they adventure, learn the game, etc. It is for people without house lots so they can experience living in towns, not just sitting by their bank.

More Details: We are working on processes, procedures, permissions, weekly guest lists, etc.

The Pavilion and Meeting Hall are just for the trustees to work in, establish, and run the Inn. They are useable by the Inn's guests in the row houses, yet we will be working on ideas for new permissions to run Inns better down the road.

The trustees can check people into row houses (by making them Kindred to the row house), schedule future use of rooms, set up crafting and welcome baskets, decorate the rooms, etc. Each row house comes with a 5 story basement too. We cannot separate permissions for rooms or boxes yet, so guests who trust each other, can be put into one row house together.

We will probably have some of our trustees running guest registration, so all trustees don't need to do this. There could be a waiting list. There may be some rules about how long a person can stay. We don't know yet.

A visitor to the Inn made as Kindred to one of the rooms can do whatever they like with the row house, including redecorating, etc. We can consider all furnishings we trustees place in the Inn as 'gifts' to the new players, the guests of the Inn.

Whenever some guest is placed on Kindred in one of the Row Houses though, we want to get their Forum Name, so we can keep in contact with them at least each week to see how things are going, offer ideas for community events or learn what they want to do in SotA. We will need some books made for each house explaining some rules ... like if one disappeared for some time, we box up their belongings and store them away until they return... if there is a waiting list of course.

So there is a lot we can do here for the Blue Roof Inn!

Current Blue Roof Inn Trustees for all the houses are the following. We call them the "Inn Crowd".

Celestial Knite
    Doctor Shroud
    Gaelis Trajan
    Gurney
    Gypsy Mary
    Jiirc Overshoes
    Jon Nihil
    Sea Bear
    Sean Silverfoot
    Stryker Sparhawk -- added August 9, 2015
    Themo Lock
    Trelass Selarts