Perplexed where to stand on new stuff that lowers value of old stuff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tahru, Sep 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I do not know if it is planed but I would guess this will be earliest an option if we get houses that can be freely moved/rotated on the lot...but I think that is a post release feature.

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

How about some sweet memories from a trip down memory lane @redfish ?
    2014 is beckoning...
    Before clicking the link you should of course start this youtube vid music...

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/row-house-with-a-shop-window.14562/

Actually thinking about it you and I should do a real petition post about that again. Sending you a PM.
    :D

Especially these bits:
    http://www.pinterest.com/ellie75/medieval-tacuinum-sanitatis/

http://larsdatter.com/merchantstalls.htm

Back then we were still naïve and thought the sky was the limit.
    Like thinking that our vendors could have schedules or opening hours - hehe.

Numa likes this.
  3. Numa

Numa Avatar

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yupp. Done and sent to redfish for feedback.

Numa likes this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

have you seen the new stalls for bankers in places like kiln where the banker isn't in a building?

Spoon likes this.
  6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes, they have that in Desolis as well. But it is not as rustic as the ones in redfish's pics and a bit more fancy.

Would have loved to have a couple more craftable ones apart from the narrow or colored that we can craft.

The colored ones have some issues with collisions so you can't really have them adjacent/integrated into the building. And the Barn/Thin/Tall Stall are very tiny, barely fitting the smallest table.

The one in Desolis was added by Sannio:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    Alley Oop likes this.
  7. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Honestly, at the end of the day, we need to deal with the VERY REAL feeling new players have of the "haves and have nots." The very system we have used to build the game may, ultimately, be it's downfall.

8. Net

Net Avatar

Yeah I remember the time when that ugly hot tub looked rather attractive... and then the ornate version appeared. Not sure where to stand on this.

I really hate to see digital items limited. I am all for initial discount when the item is introduced, but to stop selling it completely? We are getting new players why should they be denied the chance to buy items that were here at the start?

However what really bugs me is that devs decide to make some items more rare and stop selling them... cool, this is exactly kind of deal made for those who dare to risk their money and buy extra items to redistribute them amongst those who will come later...for a fee.

And then the items get more limited, prices go up, more people joins and want them, so devs create new ones... and since they are aware of issues with the old ones and have more tools, the new items are usually more appealing that the old ones which are suddenly worthless to any one but the most dedicated collector.

Tahru likes this.
  9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I'd imagine 'crappy' stuff that was produced 19 years ago in Ultima Online goes for quite a bit now...
    Are you a day trader or in it for the long haul?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.