PK´s are not a Pattern - the true reason they are unwelcome in MMO

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Myrcello, May 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xail

Xail Avatar

...of all this people that talk about PVP there is just one that can zone me please to fight?

Abydos likes this.
  2. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

I think Xail has a point here.

3. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Ask Envy.

I'm sure he has a trick or two to show you.

4. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

5. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

My mother the Oracle told me not to zone to strangers with the pvp flag she gave me at birth :p

6. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Truth is PvP will only be active when the combat can attract the masses. At the moment PvP combat is awful so won't really attract anyone......hell not even I will put a PvP flag on and PvP in this release.

Combat is being worked on so there is hope. My only fear is that the people they probably need to listen to in terms of making PvP combat good probably never log onto these forums...... Different culture and community than what is seen here.

Dewderonomy, Abydos and Sir_Hemlock like this.
  7. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

I am not diving into the general subject, but to quote that chart as fact is something that I find funny. You claim your statistics are not made up - but everyone knows that EA never released subscription numbers where other MMO's did... so of course - I know that your numbers are made up... just not by you.

FrostII and Montaigne like this.
  8. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

All I can say about UO is that after Tram, Fel started to die a death on Europa after Pub16 and AoS.

9. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

PK are the reason Order of Vengeance exists. We are ANTI-PK. Without PK we would be so bored, so yes PK are not only a necessary evil but it gives us someone to pick on.

We welcome PK with a sword to the GUT!!

10. Xail

Xail Avatar

I asked Envy to duel 1 minute ago...he refused...other names?

Abydos likes this.
  11. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Yup, I see no point in spending time doing something that isn't fun...... PvP (which I normally love) is not fun at the moment......duelling never had been that much fun from my perspective so I'm never ever going to do it whilst PvP so awful.

This release I have been in combat 2 or 3 times..... I just don't see the point until it's fixed.

Abydos likes this.
  12. Xail

Xail Avatar

I understand that pvp is way far from optimal...I just wish to find more people that have fun with it anyway...

A lot of people have the refrain to pvp because they are not 70+ and not with perfect gear...they are so wrong...not only people can have great fun even with just a lvl 50 avatar...but they can actually also kill or however being effective in pvp...

Thta's what I did last release (I was maximum level 53 and have a ton of fun with it and also some little sadisfactions)...and what for example Jacob is doing now with just an avatar of lvl 45...now something 54...he does not wait lvl 90 with perfect gear to have fun...

13. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I havent done PvP for 2 releases now.....why?

What defined PvP last release was Gust followed by Death Field...........sorry that is not PvP in my view (big sarcastic thumbs up for the increase on the stun time there)
    What defines PvP this release.......not being able to cast close proximity area spells because you take too much damage despite having 'amazing' crafted armor; only to then realise that all those innates were the only thing that made your character viable.

When there is a system worth PvPing with again, I shall be the first to jump back in.

14. Xail

Xail Avatar

Jacob won tournaments last release without Death Field...I killed at level 52 80+ players with ambush...stealth+5 stack EQ, 5 stack DF, 5 Stack chain light....and I had huge fun without death field in open pvp...

....and for this release it is just that your playstyle is in love with DF...the problems are way bigger but people that love pvp can still have fun with it...

...warriors in plate are the ones that have the right to complain the most..

...I hope they will show more love to them in next releases...in pvp they are made totally worthless by this combat system...helping them will help the pvp community as a whole...more diversity in avaible builds -> more fun and more action for everybody :)

15. Duke William of Serenite

There will always be changes to combat with nerfs, and or buffs and FOTM builds.

Dewderonomy likes this.
  16. TantX

TantX Avatar

Very true. But with a diverse, classless skill system, there are more builds that can still be competitive outside of those cookie-cutter templates people find on Google. That isn't applicable currently, in equal parts lack of finished skill trees and combat being as wonky as it is, but it is the hope that it'll be the end result of balanced combat.

17. Duke William of Serenite

If they don't add a good charge move to people in plate we are in big trouble.

Dewderonomy likes this.
  18. TantX

TantX Avatar

There seems to be a significant lack of meaningful gap closers, especially when you consider the speed boost passives/actives and push mechanics (gust, for example). Of course that might've changed, it's been awhile, but I don't remember seeing any changes that would help with gap closing.

19. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Sorry to break it to you, but I have thoroughly researched UO subscription numbers, I'm a UO historian. If you doubt that you haven't seen my old page;

http://mirror.ashkantra.de/joinuo/Documents/websites/Artfulgamer/Ultime Offline The Pre Alpha Experience/uol.artfulgamer.com/archives/razimus/uo.html

When I found that UO subs chart, I had already found EA released sub numbers in multiple sources, Google Books has archived many MMORPG books by
    MMORPG experts that published the numbers, I have the links to all those websites on my laptop, but I've got to go to work right now, and UO isn't the
    center of my life, there's a good chance I deleted those bookmarks because UO is not important to me and hasn't been for many years. But I'll try to
    drudge up those links, but in the mean time, check out my UO website, or an archive of it. The Lead Programmer for Ultima IX awarded me an OSI
    pint glass for that website, or specifically the Ultima IX section...

http://mirror.ashkantra.de/joinuo/Documents/websites/Artfulgamer/Ultime Offline The Pre Alpha Experience/uol.artfulgamer.com/archives/razimus/index.html

But I can guarantee those numbers are accurate, maybe 98% accurate, maybe 100% accurate, I'd have to check but I do remember when I was cross-referencing
    the numbers that they did line up, and yes, EA did publish subscription numbers, I'm Dr. Pepper Dragon of the UDIC, what's your dragon name?

20. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

If someone cares about the direction of PvP or wants their opinion to have integrity, they need to PvP to actually have any valuable input. That doesn't mean level to 30 then assume you understand how everything works or base opinions on a previous release refusing to try all aspects of PvP out for the current release. You have to be proactive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.