"Player housing major part of game" (from 6 month demo)

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Carlin the Druid Archer, Nov 6, 2013.

?

Are they putting too much emphasis on player housing?

1. Yes

24.3%
  2. No

66.2%
  3. Not sure

9.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ara

Ara Avatar

Getting instanced houses in the game is called developing the game, thought you knew that?

Or is only a basement add-on to the few existing houses development?

I see both as development.

2. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

You lumped all people who backed this game into a class: "rich people" with obvious negative connotations. I doubt many of the people who backed this game are actually rich - I'm not.

You can say whatever you want, but your opinion was clear 10 pages ago. All you're doing is hurting your case now.

SoTA took a wrong turn? Well pardon me if I trust the vision of a team of experienced game designers over a few ranters.

3. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

So many people don't like housing anyway. Those kind of people will be coming to this game as well because it will be an awesome story and game.

I remember that when I would talk about getting housing on WoW...talk about flames...'This isn't the sims.' BlahBlahBlah.

I'm not worried. This game will succeed.

4. Ara

Ara Avatar

I thought you had to be among the rich to make a 550$ investment, silly me.

I had a suggestion i wanted to spread that i believe would improve the game. I am discussing and i see developers as any people i would meet and discuss with, they are not gods that cant take a wrong turn, they are people just as you and me.

Good for you that your satisfied, i am not.

And dont call other players on this board for ranters, it is only hurting your case.

5. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

6. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

Seriously though, now it is just coming down to a couple people arguing the same exact points for a few pages. You all can continue to rehash the same stuff over and over again until a mod comes in and closes the thread, or try and come up with new stuff and stop antagonizing each other. It is hurting both sides of the argument to see and read this.

And this isn't meant to be derogatory or antagonistic to either side. Both sides have relevant points, and they want to be heard. But they way it is going isn't going to help your side win any points to people coming in and reading it.

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  7. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Let's just start posting our favorite memes, clips and such to describe what this thread means to all of us.

8. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

What do you think we're trying to do? :p

9. Ara

Ara Avatar

Agree, my idea of instanced houses was not looked well upon.

I hope developers at least read and consider if that is a good idea.

10. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

Get the thread closed like a out of control PvP thread?? :p

Jatvardur likes this.
  11. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Ding ding ding!

deryk, Jatvardur and Deliverence like this.
  12. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

In the end, that is all we can hope. Both sides make good points about housing in general, but that is all we as forum members can do is make points and hope a dev reads it. And maybe we can come up with good ideas to implement, if not in Episode 1, then maybe in Episode 2-5. I love having discussions, I just don't like seeing them degenerate and possibly get a thread locked for it.

Now, off to keep reading about Heraldry.

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  13. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I'm far from rich. I made my pledge in a payment plan. Granted my budget is no ones business it is insulting to hear this stereotype you have thrown at those of us who believe in this game.

14. Ara

Ara Avatar

I agree with you and respect that.

I also like to discuss.

I think we should take a breather and listen to this song from UO, so beautiful -

15. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I would have designed things so that there was a pure PvE path for everyone to get a house who wanted one. Do all the quests, slay the epic dragon, loot a million gold, whatever. Everyone could theoretically get a house, somewhere. (Perhaps there are many paths, but that's not the point.) This can be a bad, instanced house with a leaky roof in the swamp. It's supposed to be undesirable but to someone it's home.

Now you are at the bottom rung of a new ladder. From here on it's PvP. And by PvP, I don't mean killing everyone else. I mean that you're in a zero sum game for location. Win through economics. Win through politics. Win through conquest. Whatever.

As I've said before, I'd love to have some kind of mechanism where the busiest, happiest town in the game somehow expands from say level 2 village to level 3 village and this creates new housing lots. My preference would be for town expansion to be a combination of crafting/RP, resource gathering and exploration (PvE), and keeping the town safe (PvP) so that every aspect of the game was important for the growth and success of a town.

16. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Its not a design feature its something that as been changed since Kickstarter closed.

17. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

If you read what was actually said, it doesn't fall outside the lines.

Again, if you want to play this game, have faith and engage in another discussion.
    If you don't want to play this game, there is no reason to post in the forum.

deryk and EWHART like this.
  18. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Taken from Ultima Codex
    Starr:
    We also read the thread about player housing customization and we agreed with the general consensus that it leads to very inconsistent visuals. We also thought that because of the limited number of lots in the game most people would only be able to have one lot (and therefore one house) at any given time. In the case of most individuals this would not be an issue but for some individuals and for some groups (i.e. guilds) this limitation might be stifling.

So I take it you are one of the some that finds that a constraint.
    I should be about the most.
    Seems the Dev+ forum are trying to design a game to suit themselves instead of taking into account every other kickstarter Pledger.
    Kickstarter states even today at $750 Knight Pledge EVERYTHING LISTED ABOVE
    (EXCEPT ONLY ONE HOUSE DEED)
    If they needed a Guild house they should have done what they keep telling everyone else to do wait for episode 2.
    or asked why the stretch goal was not being implemented.
    From Stretch goals on Kickstarter Page
    $2m: Players Take over the World

Castles & Keeps effectively a new Town Type where

the structure is ownable by players and guilds

Guilds can declare war against other guilds

Guilds can declare as full time PvP

Guilds can earn a Guild house and Guild Bank

Guild Tabbard/shield/flags usable by all members

Minimum of 5 castle types added to the game

Castle Merchants with Unique merchandise

Castle defence scenarios for most castles that

can be played offline as well as online

They are not allowed to change the original pledge statement once KicKstarter begins.
    Star Citizen as £34m in pledges but every time they hit a stretch goal EVERY backer at $30 before that is reached gets the same reward no matter how high other pledges are.

OSullivan likes this.
  19. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

FYI, the developers still plan on implementing this last stretch goal. They just haven't gotten around to fleshing out the details yet. I would imagine they've been rather busy preparing for next week's first test window.

derek6665 (Baldrith) likes this.
  20. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

If that's the case why the change to one account owning multi Housing plots
    And why did Starr state that In the case of most individuals this would not be an issue but for some individuals and for some groups (i.e. guilds) this limitation might be stifling.
    When they will have the chance of a keep/Castle, Guild house even a Town for themselves to inhabit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.