"Player housing major part of game" (from 6 month demo)

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Carlin the Druid Archer, Nov 6, 2013.

?

Are they putting too much emphasis on player housing?

1. Yes

24.3%
  2. No

66.2%
  3. Not sure

9.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Now, that's an interesting idea! A new thread where you could solicit suggestions about what backers would like to see in the add-on shop. Come up with, say, the top ten suggestions, and see if the developers would be amenable to that :)

Jambo likes this.
  2. Gabriel Nightshadow

That may be true, but I highly doubt that the developers are going to go back now and change that...

Jambo likes this.
  3. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

So as there are no more houses left for sale and it was comfirmed in chat that it is highly unlikely that there will more for sale........I kind of guess that you have now destroyed your argument and in fact there is no argument to had.

Can somone PLEASE close this thread now.

4. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Dont really see your point.

At one stage I ran 5 accounts on UO Europa just for the property.....not for the characters.

5. Gabriel Nightshadow

Well, if the developers did confirm in chat that they will not be offering any more lots for sale in the add-on store, then I guess that does make a lot of this moot o_O

Jambo likes this.
  6. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

The Devs have not confirmed there will be no more Lot sales before release or what the they plan to implement on release.
    Why don't they answer.

Never mind you wanting to close the thread just because you don't have a valid reason to say why you think its a good idea to have multiple plots per account.
    You are not obligated to take part in it.

7. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

What I'm saying is that, if housing should be made available in excess to individuals, why not character alts? The converse of that (which I also think is true) is, if you're going to block multiple house ownership per account on the grounds that everyone will just make alts, doesn't that same logic apply to character alts?

I'm not specifically for or against multiple houses per account, but I think the decision should be the same as the character alt decision, at least if the same reasoning is used to reach that decision.

8. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Well good for you, but at least Origin didn't sell them in a shop if you bought for $$$$$$$$ it was outside the game and a breach of the rules.

9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Wagram, just for absolute clarity here it is an issue of a person having more than one house and not an account. You need to grasp the concept of multiple accounts should your "1 house per account" complaint be put in place. I would say that this is my valid reason, I suggest that you read what has been stated rather than continuously complain on how unfair life is.

With regards to the store, I'm sure you noticed that the village houses were limited to 200 and the fact that they are now "sold out". When there was only 2 remaining houses left, I asked FireLotus in chat if it was likely that any more would be sold, the response was that it would be very unlikely (for this reason I bought one).

The reason I want this thread closed is because each time I read posts from certain people I have the urge to turn into a troll with a flamethrower.

EDIT
    We are at page 17 and there is nothing new being stated.

deryk likes this.
  10. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

True.

Because no one ever bought gold or items with $$$$$$$ in that game........ No one ever duped either.

Please someone shoot me NOW!

11. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Of course they did UO was full of gold farming macro cheats and Posers.But you needed extra accounts because it was one house per account. You can't change that.
    it also cost 5 monthly subs. so you have plenty of spare £££
    Seems Shroud as the rules stacked in favour of the $$$$ and not the gamer.
    Will they have a disclaimer with the game saying Fair play does not apply housing is only for those with money to burn.you enter at your own risk of being ripped off. Have a nice day

Ara likes this.
  12. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

I don't get it.
    I intend to work my gathering skills to the fullest and become a good merchant. Reaping my profits I fully intend to purchase a land deed. There will be land deeds available for in game currency. Then I will find a place to claim that land, it may take a bit of time, BUT that's game play and I am prepared for that.
    Eventually I will be able to afford bigger and better.
    I do not believe one will have to spend hours and hours to get to that point. One will just have to be smart about economics and choosing the right items to gather and sell to make a good profit.
    So I really could care less about what the founders and benefactors got for their pledges, I intend to out maneuver them in the games market place by using the available vendors in towns.
    Its a matter of playing smarter, not how much money one has or what a backer has.

13. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Wouldn't it be easier if no one was allowed to own 2 land plots therefore more to be shared out. I don't mind Backers getting a plot at $500 Citizen and above, but I do mind if they want more and can get from a shop.
    If they want 2 take out another account and pledge the $55o.

Ara likes this.
  14. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Just for the record at one point I had 1 account on UO Lake Superior just for the characters, they lived in fel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ara likes this.
  15. Ara

Ara Avatar

Good luck with that. Just some questions.

How will you get a plot to place your house upon if there is no plots to find?

20% will have houses was the numbers i heard last and rest wont have a house.

Getting a place ingame during the first game i doubt will be possible for anyone without buying if from someone else that bought it.

16. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

Just wondering, do you really think the devs are going to not have plots available in game for in game currency? You make it sound like the only plots that will be available will be from those that backed at a tier that awarded the pledger a lot of land, or they bought 1 of the 200 that were for sale.

Deliverence and Lord Gréagóir like this.
  17. Ara

Ara Avatar

Agree and i totally understand your point..

Selling plots to the rich players in numbers is plain wrong when there are very few plots to get overall.

There should only be 1 house/plot per account.

18. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

I think the main contention point is we don't know how many plots are going to be available for in game currency upon release. We really don't know how many plots are already being taken up by backers. We can get an estimate - KS backer count + 200 village lots sold - but no real numbers like, "We will have X amount of total plots available in game upon release." or "We have X amount of plots taken by backers, and Y amount of plots will be available for in game currency purchase."

It would be nice if we had those numbers. Say, there would be 8000 plots available in game. There are 2000 plots already taken by backers, which leaves 6000 plots available for in game currency purchase. Of course, those numbers are made up, but I would actually like to see the numbers.

19. Ara

Ara Avatar

Yes that would be interesting.

20. Gabriel Nightshadow

The developers have said there will be plots available in game for in-game currency. They just haven't said yet how many.

Jambo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.