"Player housing major part of game" (from 6 month demo)

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Carlin the Druid Archer, Nov 6, 2013.

?

Are they putting too much emphasis on player housing?

1. Yes

24.3%
  2. No

66.2%
  3. Not sure

9.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Well in part 2 of the alpha they will open up 2 towns and when you leave one you are in the next. So why not just add 3 or 4 gates in a town that leads to another district with the same amount of lots. These will not need any elaborate NPC's in the area the storyline and main NPC dialogue area can remain in the town centre. 30 V/T/C could quadruple the housing land so if they have 8000 that ups it to 32000.
    They do not alter the map, gameplay and keeps the value of the V/T/C properties in the Town centre making them the most profitable place to be for a vendor shop. with lots of extra customers in town

2. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

If it sells out, then I would argue that no, it's not available to everyone. Further if half of it is sold prior to release as seems to be a concern then the pool of availability is even smaller.

I still think that at the very least a player should be able to rent a room at any time.

deryk likes this.
  3. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Again houses will be available to ALL players. How long they are available for, well that is questionable. Every sell-able item on Earth has a quantity. When they run out, they are gone until more are created. The same goes for housing plots in SotA.

deryk, Lord Gréagóir and EWHART like this.
  4. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

This is not earth we are talking about its a virtual world were certain created items are unlimited they are only pixel pictures.
    SotA land deeds are limited.

5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

You talking about your posts?

They feel unlimited and I swear they are all the same.

Can someone PLEASE close this thread......19 pages!!!!

deryk, Vyrinor, OSullivan and 3 others like this.
  6. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

I think 10 pages are yours, you have wanted it closed since you said you were a multi plot owner .

108 plots at $150 92 at $120=$27k approx. not really worth it.

7. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

Probably best to keep one thread, like this one, open to discuss it regardless of how much the conversation goes in circles. As long as it is still civil and not against the forum rules there is no need to close it down. Better to have all the information and discussion in one place then having people re-opening a already hashed out thread to continue the discussion... Just to have that one closed and another opened.

8. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Yes you understand me exactly when you say that I believe "Backers ... deserve everything." Ridiculous.

We live in a world where illogical statements, rudeness, blatant contradictions, and hypocrisy count as valid opinions. Maybe the world of SoTA will be different - it would truly be a fantasy world then!

9. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

I am making the Point That Backers should have a better chance to get a plot on game release. If they cannot afford to buy one and they put Plots in the shop someone can come in and buy the game and get a plot from the shop denying a backer who doesn't have the money. If they are in game gold only the backer at least as the same chance to get one if he makes the gold 1st.
    You keep saying that if a backer as pledged to help the game they deserve their rewards which I agree with ( apart from multi plot owning) I think selling Plots from the shop will deny some backers a fair chance of getting one at launch.

10. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

What I keep saying is that you don't have enough information to base a claim yet that backers will not be able to get a plot of land at launch with in-game gold. We simply don't know. I understand your point. There will be plots available for in-game gold, we don't know how many. Can you please just wait and see? All your posting may be for naught.

Deliverence, EWHART and deryk like this.
  11. Vagabond Sam

Vagabond Sam Avatar

I'm a backer and without being able to purchase a house I'd have almost no chance at a house because I work full time and study full time so from my point of view they are giving backers more of a chance then anyone else.

Even without my extra commitments (After all i may finish my studies before the final release) I know that I won;t have the time to dedicate to this one game, yet I still want to engage fully in it. You might argue if I don;t have the time then I don't deserve to engage with the game fully, but I am of the opinion when two methods exist, one with time as a currency and one with money as a currency we get the best of both worlds.

I would bet my pledge that portalarium reserve a Significant Portion (TM) for in game acquisition and simply haven;t provided numbers yet as the game is in active development and subject to change.

12. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

People, get a hold of yourselves. This thread has been on the merry-go-round for too long. Backers will get what Portalarium gives them. Currently, between the homepage and the FAQ, you can see exactly what they are receiving. There is no need to argue about it nor try to interpret what each other is meaning in their replies. It is pointless banter.

If you have something constructive to add, which has not been said before, go for it. Otherwise, this thread is starting to smell like a troll. One with an affinity for spam. If you have nothing new to add, let it rest so I do not have to lock the thread.

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.