"Player housing major part of game" (from 6 month demo)

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Carlin the Druid Archer, Nov 6, 2013.

?

Are they putting too much emphasis on player housing?

1. Yes

24.3%
  2. No

66.2%
  3. Not sure

9.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Because apparently that is what a lot of players wanted (despite Starr's prediction), as evidenced by the number of forum posts requesting that. (Personally, I am fine with my single lot.) Remember, it could still be prohibitively costly for a guild (depending on the number of members) to purchase a castle and city lot. It originally cost $ 5000 to receive an island castle at the Duke level during the Kickstarter campaign. It now costs $ 5300. Since most players won't commit to a guild until much later in the recruiting cycle (perhaps post-launch), I would think it would be very difficult to convince current guild members to cough up that kind of money now to purchase something that won't be available until at least next October...

2. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

The Pledge level of $500 to $10000 was not for a house plot only. why do the high pledgers persist to refer that their land deed cost this amount of money.
    They received lots of other items and Unity asset packs the land plot may be the most desired because its limited, so they should have been honoured to receive one, and not want to get more and deprive other people the chance to earn one in the game who may not have lots of spare money to indulge in the game as they do.

3. Gabriel Nightshadow

You specifically mentioned obtaining a castle in your post, and that's the minimum pledge level required to get one (regardless of all of the other benefits the developers tossed in at that level). You can't currently purchase a city lot or castle separately.

4. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

The Castle I mentioned was for the Guilds Towns. Different option that's comes in with the $2m stretch goal
    The one you are on about is with a waterfront plot with a castle/keep/houseboat/lighthouse/cabana that any waterfront property can have in V/T/C so anyone getting that type of plot in the future can have.

5. Gabriel Nightshadow

Yes, I know that. But since the developers haven't designed or priced those yet, the only way for a guild to obtain one now would be to pledge at the Duke level or above.

Jambo likes this.
  6. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

I haven't posted in these forums for sometime now, but I really hope I will be able to REALISTICALLY get a land deed and house in SotA using in game currency, as owning a house in SotA seems like a cool game feature, and I can't afford to use REAL money to pledge at the citizen level or buy a land deed from the add-on store, even though, I would love to have a place to call home in New Britania. And before anyone says I can afford to pledge at the citizen level by using the payment plan method. This method would cost me $38 a month for 10 months which may not seem like much for some, but my family and I live from pay check to pay check, so to me it's not affordable, and my brother and cousins who also plan to play SotA are even worse off then me, so they have no chance to get a house in SotA unless it can be purchased with in game currency and not all plots of land have been purchased by those financially better off then us. :(

wagram likes this.
  7. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Guilds it says they can earn a Guild House and Guild Bank. I expect that means they will have to play the game to buy with in game gold. WOW that's sounds original, can people actually do that.!!!!!
    Or shall we forget about the game and just buy everything before release and just sit at our computers staring into space.
    I want to have the chance to play and earn my gold to buy 1 plot, not just buy it and get preference to place as many as I can pay for.
    This is supposed to be a return to active meaningful gaming, NOT just another facebook B2P F2P shop till you drop load of Bilge.

8. Gabriel Nightshadow

wagram & twofoldsilence:
    The problem is we have no idea yet how much in-game gold will be needed to purchase housing. If demand remains relatively high, the cost of housing purchased with in-game gold could be quite high too, requiring hundreds of hours of gold farming, which most of us can't afford to do due to work, family, and other commitments...

Jambo and deryk like this.
  9. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

NO you don't you can have one in the OFFLINE game anywhere you want it.
    MMO SPO in a persistent world I'm afraid that's the nature of the game, if not whats the point of playing it
    There wont be any demand looks they will all be sold in a shop so no one will bother with online mode unless they want to hang around with players that don't want to play just pay

10. Gabriel Nightshadow

Apparently then, those online players (such as myself) who can't afford to spend hundreds of hours playing aren't as committed as you and should stick to offline mode? That sounds rather insulting...

Jambo, deryk and Lord Baldrith like this.
  11. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

I'm usually told I'm whinging, trolling I should look for another game to play. I can have a house if I play offline.
    You said you own a plot so what I'm after doesn't really affect you, you aren't looking to buy another. My argument is with those that want more than one.
    I don't mind any backer at $500+ having one as part of their pledge. But if they are then sold in a shop the players that come in with money to spare can buy them up for $$$ restricting myself and any other one that as Pledged below that level from getting one. I want to be able to beat those to getting one.

Ara likes this.
  12. Gabriel Nightshadow

The problem is that pledge upgrades and sales of village lots have been the developer's main sources of additional income post-Kickstarter. Unless you can think of some other low supply, high demand item which they can sell which does not adversely impact gameplay balance (i.e., no weapons, armor, spells, etc.), they will probably keep adding more lots to the add-on store and selling them to whoever wants them.

Jambo likes this.
  13. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I suggest crafting tables...I wonder if that would be considered a bit much? I'm sure it would generate some cashflow.

Mordecai likes this.
  14. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Yes but they wanted $1m to develop this episode and got $1.9m so they had almost double what they asked for. 200 Plots fetched around $30k so hardly worth damaging the game for.
    They have multiple items that they will sell its the LIMITED ones that should not be sold.

Inventory is limited they will sell that. doesn't impact on game.
    House Decoration limit ( I assume you will not be able to just put 100's of item in as décor. doesn't impact on game
    New Crafting skills. ( I have read this in an interview with RG saying if a new skill comes in it could be a cash purchase)
    Some Unique Housing décor ( that crafters cannot make)

all these can sell by the million it would not have any adverse effect on any players game play.

15. Gabriel Nightshadow

Yes, there have already been objections raised to selling crafting tables in the add-on store, as it would give an unfair advantage to players who are primarily interested in roleplaying crafters.

Jambo likes this.
  16. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Ah, well I have no problem with it, because I will just buy them in game...Crafting at home is one of the best things about having a home. Also, I've already got a spot picked out for my stove...;)

deryk likes this.
  17. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

maybe we need a new thread with what we would accept as being a cash sale and a open vote no time limit to close it on the lot amount per account to settle it.
    When the alpha starts next week people who have not visited the Forum and have 2 days decorating houses may be very angry that the ONE plot per account as been removed and Plots sold before the game launch.

18. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I'm still confused over the 1 house per account.

You do understand that if they did that then people would just run multiple accounts.

19. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

To run a multiple account they would have to Pledge $550 citizen level to get one.
    Also if they are not on sale for $$$ they would have to live at the computer to get an house for every account they open to buy one with in game gold.
    Therefore anyone with just one account is really only having to beat one of their multiple accounts to get the gold first before all are gone.

20. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

On the problem of alt account ownership, we've restricted player chars to one per account, despite the fact that people will bypass this restriction with alt accounts (as you said), and yet on the topic of housing, we've decided that multiple houses should be available per person, despite the obvious loophole option of buying alt accounts. It seems like these two decisions are somewhat incompatible.

wagram likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.