Poll: Adult rated towns/basements in SotA? [UNOFFICIAL]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prince Guni, Aug 3, 2014.

?

Adult rated basements / adult rated towns with nudity/sex/gore in SotA?

1. YES - I favor realism and availability of more role play options for those who like that stuff

81 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. NO - I don't think a game like SotA should allow people to play that way

124 vote(s)
    60.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odin BloodBayne

Odin BloodBayne Avatar

Of course there is a difference. I am all for whatever you want to do in your own house is your own business. Sort of like what it is now in real life. If they do stuff outside of that (violate TOS), then be prepared for the consequences. :)

Tahru likes this.
  2. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

Well like I said once you put up a valid argument then I will stop dismissing them as nonsense which they are. So far all you've pointed to is some underage hypothetical that makes no sense

3. Veylen The AenigmA

Why do you expect them to have intercourse option? Maybe he should be of age required by the esrb and the. He can either understand what's going on or be mature or hopefully has an involved parent either way there are two options that completely prevent this fr happening. First one is called disable feature, second is called report and ban for breaking the tos by doig it outside

And that's assuming its even possible. Adding a fornication possibility is a long way away from just nudity that was asked for

Afaik nobody even asked to be able to do such things they said nudity

U ppl just automatically go there everytine

4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Just saying the game is rated M doesn't stop legal repercussions if one player is engaging in sexual roleplay with a minor through the game.

Seriously, this is never, never going to happen.

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  5. PeteWi The Disoriented

PeteWi The Disoriented Avatar

This is an incredibly stupid thread and should have been deleted the first day.

6. Veylen The AenigmA

Actually the people are liable not the game company. People lie and devs aren't reponsible for vetting every single person who plays their game what are they supposed to do fax them a copy of photo identification.

I don't know where this idea that companies are responsible for what people do and say inside their game, legally that argument would have no leg to stand on. Sure they could try to sue the company but would never win the litigation. That's like blaming Ronald McDonald when you get plastic in you chicken mcnuggets saying devs are responsible for what people say and do is nonsense, that's why they have a TOS

7. Veylen The AenigmA

I can tell by your name your oh so helpful comment is one of merit. Thanks for the contribution

8. enderandrew

If Portlarium develops features specifically to enable that, then they will absolutely get sued.

This is a terrible idea and there is no way it will happen, not because I disagree with it, but because of how they could get in legal trouble over it, drive away backers, get tons of negative press, etc.

lollie and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  9. Veylen The AenigmA

One mans terrible is another's treasure. I'd like to see where you find any precedent being set that lawsuits are feasible? Cause there aren't any. See second life. It goes to the extreme and their TOS protects them

There's no such thing as bad press look at all the "bad press" games they are top sellers with a good legal record of having any kind of suits like this thrown out.

It's the whole ozzy song madey kid kill himself bit.

People are responsible for their own actions, ppl still do these things regardless if the devs implimented some nipples and butt crack. I'm sure people cyber in hello kitty online and that company is fine. Because they impliment nudity does mean the company is held responsible for what people do. I've seen ppl do way worse things in pg rated games. Your opinion is that it's a stupid idea and my opinion, based on legal precedent is that you are wrong and your idea is just as stupid as u say nudity in games are. What scares you so much. Bodies are to be celebrated
    Kids will be kids no matter what, you think everytine a stupid kid steals a car or drives without a license they blame the car maker? No

I'm sorry but it's hard to beleive anything u say when your main comment is along the lines of "this is stupid but I can't say why"

10. enderandrew

You're saying no one can sue Second Life? Anyone can sue anyone for any reason. It is then up to a jury to decide if there was harm.

First off, Second Life is a pure sandbox with mod tools. Anyone can add anything. The SL devs aren't creating features specifically for sex, the modders are, which changes culpability.

People are asking the Portalarium devs to add features specifically for multiplayer sex. That makes the Second Life comparisons instantly invalid.

I'm 100% confident this will never happen in this game, and it is a truly terrible idea.

11. Veylen The AenigmA

First off I never said nobody could not sue second life. I said nobody would succeed at winning. Devs are too far removed and cannot control how everyone uses functions. It's impractial see my examples and particular that little thing called a TOS and EULA. It's basically a get out of jail free card unless a dev is directly responsible which is why they insulate themselves. It would be like some idiot filing a suit against tony the tiger because frosted flakes somehow harmed him

I spent a good majorly of my time surrounded by family lawyers and I explained it the best I could. If it were possible to win a suit vs a mmo company there'd be a constant stream of suits. Whatever ones do crop up are dismissed

You are invalidating your own statement by assuming because you say people are askig for ingame sex when u can't validate your claim so I'm guessing the majority of them just want nudity. How would they even have ingame sex? /prohpylactic?

I highly doubt anyone is asking for it and that's not what the post mentioned it was about nudity not sex. You all seem to make the same mistakes assuming that when ppl ask for nudity they ultimately want sex. That's untrued. Nobody is gonna put sex in a game it appears that it's just your verbal weapon to muddy the conversation with seething impractially stupid

I'm 100% confident ingame sex won't get implimented either because not many if any seriously asked for it and then u go painting with that broad brush assuming everyone wants inane fornication. Nobody wants it unless it serves a purpose.
    Please don't generalize something that ruins an argument by falsely representing what ppl ask for

12. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Pretty sure Christians attempt to procreate regularly. Also, Christians get naked. Also, everybody likes boobies. Be a Kinky Kristian.

Tahru and Veylen The AenigmA like this.
  13. Veylen The AenigmA

It's amazing how apparently there is so much self loathing and naievity when it comes to something as benign and natural as nudity. The only negative connotation it has are the ones people with immature sick minds assign to it

Maybe most of us just want naked art like Venus de milo or some painting of course I'm sure the concept of art appreciation likely goes over a lot of heads because they are too unwilling to see it as it truly is without their warped sensibilities.

I ask for nudity done tastefully and then they all jump on the headway on saying they don't want ingame sex.

14. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Take a look at the thread you've having this discussion in for a moment..

The OP for this thread..

The Poll for this thread: Adult rated basements / adult rated towns with nudity/sex/gore in SotA?

And the thread that inspired this one.. relationship and sex in Sota..

Nudity wasn't the only thing being asked for.

enderandrew and Tahru like this.
  15. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

Bowen Bloodgood so since the graphics in U7 was (by your argument) an attempt to make the nudity, sex and gore ok rather than a result of limited tech, I guess I will start seeing your posts on all the PvP threads calling for people to be able to be cut up and eaten complaining that it needs to flash back to UO graphics for that right?

For everyone who keeps complaining about game ratings, MA 15+ includes nudity and sex but cannibalism and high impact violence which people keep calling for is garented to get the game an R 18 rating

For example Mass Effect, Dragon Age etc are all MA 15+ where as Tomb Raider, and God of War, and the Last of US (not a hint of sexuality in that one) and Mortal Kombat are ALL R 18 +

In fact feel free to go through the 6 pages of R18 games for sale at EB (so much for the argument that no store would sell adult games) and point out ANY which have achieved an R 18 rating for sex

https://ebgames.com.au/any/any/any/R

16. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I never made any such arguement. I did argue that the resolution of those graphics did not show any significant detail. I did not say or imply that it was done intentionally to make it 'ok'. It would probably be more accurate to speculate that because of the graphics they felt they could get away with it.

As for the PvP thread comments you might want to rephrase that but if I'm understanding you correctly the answer is no.. that's not right. I dislike the idea of body part trophies and cannibalism over principle based on the fact that players would be doing it to each other which goes above above and beyond simple PvP. Not based on graphic content. Let's not rehash that here.

17. redfish

redfish Avatar

He just means that high res brings up different issues than low res does, as does multiplayer vs. singleplayer. Right now, people running through town in their underwear is weird, but not too weird. People running through town naked would cross over the line into too weird.

Note: I have no problem with nudity in games.

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  18. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

For the record, the thread is not funny anymore. There were several past long threads on the topic of explicit content and in the end, there will be none, at least for now. And since my daughter will be in the game, I'm more than cool with that.

19. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

Study – 63% of women polled report being harassed while gaming online

source

FanofIolo, Bowen Bloodgood and Tahru like this.
  20. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Let me clarify a bit for folks.. as this seems to slip past most people..

When I argue directly against the primary idea in this thread.. I do so from a point of design and development. Where's the bang for buck? How does it improve the game for most people? What are the development costs that would be involved? How does this fit with the current vision of the game? How does the community feel about it?

When I talk about comparing U7 graphics or how people compare this or that.. I'm challenging their justification for the feature.. not the feature itself. Personally I think "look they did it" is a pretty weak arguement for including something. I prefer if supporters of an idea can come up with something a little more substantial than that.

Cordelayne and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.