1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

POT owners option to purchase an increase in limits for Decorations etc . . .

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Weins201, Mar 27, 2016.

?

How many would be willing to pay to increase Deco Limits

1. Yes please

28 vote(s)
    65.1%
  2. Na I am ok with what I got

15 vote(s)
    34.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

Devaluing a larger purchased PoT in that the larger PoT purchased with the understanding they would be able to provide more amenities?

2. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

ok.

say this becomes A Thing.

you purchase a lighting package for a village.

then you upgrade to a crossroads village.

do you now have a crossroads village plus that lightening package, for your lighting limit, or was that upgrade package just for your village?

3. Lace

Lace Avatar

You may not agree but a large POT is just that .. able to hold more citizens .. the more citizens the more effective blessings would be (based on what I have read) but saying a little tiny holdfast cannot have all 3 blessing statues and not advocating this is wrong .. they dont have the population to compete with a metropolis .. but a tight knit community wanting to live together aka a guild can without being an uber guild in an uber city) At least that is my thought .. and tried to verbalize that a couple posts above.

4. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

I'm going to use a favorite phrase of the OP. I'm Sorry but..... there is no need for this. It feels like a needy baby, greedy baby moment. Changing this this late in the game would be bad form in my opinion. We should wait for optimizations for the specific concerns to the lighting etc..

5. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

I think the more appropriate argument from my perspective would be that blessing shouldn't be tied to population.

Lace likes this.
  6. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Decorations hold value. Take a look at the add-on store. Anyone who bought the boats before they expired now have unique POT deco items that will have rarity. You can use decorations to create a feel in your POT. Giving all POTs all NPC buildings just makes all POTs feel the same and therefore all NPC buildings become even more bland then they are. Metros should have the feel of a metropolis just as holdfasts should feel like (Holdfast, Saskatchewan, Canada). I didn't know that place existed until just now but damn that's an epic reference.

If they tiered how many blessing statues POTs can have and limit the number of active blessings per avatar to one at a time I think blessing will be less contentious. Oddly, if you give a metropolis "blessing statue limits" outside of the NPC building limits you actually increase the amount of NPC buildings a metropolis will place. Right now even a metropolis needs to choose between NPC buildings as there are more then our limit with statues in the mix. Take that out and we would potentially get to place everything.

I'm with you on this point, to a point. It's a strange optimization dynamic that the most heavily populated pots with the most buildings to load also have the most decorations and lights to load. I'd have no problem with equal deco limits across the board as I know that people are going to do cool things with the decorations. Lights are a different issue as I feel like they are tied to the feel of incrementally larger POTs. It makes sense that a metropolis can maintain 80 lights but a holdfast with a few residents would not feasibly have so many lights "on".

I've placed the pink bushes and all 3 awnings. Seems odd you can't?

I think it is wishful thinking. For one, they would need to add more NPCs to the mix since a metro is maxed out. +1 does not help without more to choose from.

I'm not ticked off. Just defending POT value and the role of POTs in the game. Some are smaller places with the bare essentials and some may hold almost all you need and are closer then the major NPC town. I think inter-POT traffic is important.

If all POTs can eventually buy there way to being completely self sufficient it would really diminish the game. Imagine 250 POTs that all have everything. Why would people travel to "town"? Brittany should smash what a metro has to offer. Same with Aerie and the same with Ardoris. Not just because the trainers and the story-line is there but because they feel and look great, offer lots of important NPCs (that are not available to any POT) and are full of strangers.

CatherineRose and Mekong like this.
  7. Lace

Lace Avatar

Yes but from what I read that is how they plan to implement it .. if they do not then cool and it is just a fluff ammenity based on town size rather than population.. I am just fearful that those with overland holdfasts that think they got a good thing will find no one living in them because they hold no value since their population can never make the statue attractive .. and on up the scale until you reach a npc limit that allows all ammenities and statues ... and everyone's cries of ghost towns on overland is true .. not doomsaying but .. think we could be smarter on POT implentation prior to final wipe.

I guess my issues are .. will blessing be based on residency
    We have already heard their will be town location information based on residency which will crowd medium sized towns to fill up over non filled up towns (which may not be filled up cause of lack of ammenities)

All this says .. well thanks for buying a holdfast we are going to make road signs and indicators that your town is dinky .. thanks for the money!

Cianna likes this.
  8. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

I'd also like to point out that a holdfast owner knows what they purchased and coming back after the fact to try and even out some perceived inequities sounds well, frankly ridiculous.

CatherineRose likes this.
  9. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

maybe not literal population. what about:

strength of blessing: percentage of (placed lot markers divided by claimed lot deeds)
    duration of blessing: actual number of claimed deeds.

as a village owner, i would not be opposed to having a shorter blessing, than say a metropolis.

it would also be up to the town owner to maintain the equilibrium of open markers to claimed lots in the town itself, at all times, to maintain the potency of the blessing.

Lace likes this.
  10. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

In that scenario I wouldn't place a marker unless I had a resident to fill it.

11. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Portalarium does not agree with you on this point based on the facts.
    They were sold based on:
    square meters
    NPC Buildings
    NPCs
    a design team with the devs...
    additional homes

Pretending that tier levels are just about more room is nonsense.

We definitely had a conversation among guild members about the value of the additional NPCs and Buildings to the point that we upgraded for the NPCs and Buildings while also appreciating that we can house more people.

Mekong likes this.
  12. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i think that it should be a choice left for the pot owner to make anyhow.

small guilds with towns designed specifically for the guild to be residents should not get the shaft, and this way they wont.
    i also do not see favoritism in this method, for large towns, small towns, towns deliberabely designed to be ghost towns, or towns designed to be full and bursting with residents.

besides, if you think about it logically, smaller towns generally have their population stay close, geographically speaking, and this could be a "draw for realism" after a fashion... having a shorter span of time for the blessing means you gotta go back and re-up it more often. :)

Lace likes this.
  13. Lace

Lace Avatar

First off thanks for breaking it down for me .. I may be going off rumors and assumptions so thanks ..

Don't disagree I said the NPC blacksmith house or say NPC magic shop or guard tower with no real guard hold no value without the npc within them .. hope you understand :)

Yes I think a metropolis should be able to have more than 1 Blacksmith or more than 1 decor merchant or whatever the pot owner placed .. you have a huge land mass .. you have a huge amount of residents why would they want to live in a metropolis on the outskirts run all the way to town to deco merchant and run back to their house .. wouldn't it be nice to have multiple deco merchants cause your limits were freed up from your npc buildings or statues?

I have not been able to place elder bushes that was the only one I tried and gave up .. hmmmmmmmmm

See a metro is not maxed it is maxed at one per type .. but not being able to offer services to your outskirts residents which makes your metro attractive rather than every citizen running to one place for services. OUtskirts merchants makes your metro attractive which is an option you may not have right now but stick with me and lets get you some more npcs .. and statues and buildings ...

I don'tthnk every POT will ever be the same, but allowing metropolis' to have different districts via more NPS, allowing the tiny little holdfast to cater to its guld can make all happy. Remember there will be many homeless gulds that will look for a place to settle being able to offer one a section of your dynamic POT with ammenities near them (ones that repeat) makes your place attractive .. in the current iteration .. you cannot do that .. its first come first serve to city center.

14. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

Also to be clear I own a Village. It was originally a Holdfast but I decided to upgrade for the additional NPCs and buildings. I also upgraded to have additional room for smaller guilds who couldn't afford a PoT and individual unguilded players.

Lace likes this.
  15. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

A metropolis can already place 30 NPCs and 15 buildings.

16. Lace

Lace Avatar

You shouldn't ding a girl for trying to get more ammenities for all from Prolatarium (sad face)

And lets quote in context please ...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  17. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

I love your passion Lace. But I just completely disagree with you on this one People made purchasing judgements based on certain criteria and to change that after the fact is wrong in my opinion.

18. Lace

Lace Avatar

I am a passion fruit and if you don't ask you won't get it! (wink) .. I do think I have raised some valid points with the proposed POT markers they planed for overland maps which ties into this all..and does deviate from the OP original statement .. should you be able to buy additional POT deco items.

I beg forgiveness for derailing your original post, but hope it gained some notoriety even if infamous of nature, and do feel strongly these are things that should be vigorously debated as more and more POT owners come online and find these things not unrelated.

19. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

TBH, i'm somewhat on the fence on this. while some folks did in fact make purchasing judgements based on certain criteria...the devs, particularly the executive producer have constantly stated "don't lawyer me, bro"®

it COULD go both ways, in time. and i wouldn't fault the devs for either decision.

20. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

I could be wrong but I don't remember a DLMB on something monetary based like this. That has been used in cases of shift in philosophy that didn't involve monetary driven decisions of this nature. But it is 4am here and something obvious could be slipping my mind :)
    This whole thing feels a kin to them saying hey let's put the Duke crown on the add on store. No big deal the Dukes still get all that other stuff and the cool title.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.