1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

POT owners option to purchase an increase in limits for Decorations etc . . .

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Weins201, Mar 27, 2016.

?

How many would be willing to pay to increase Deco Limits

1. Yes please

28 vote(s)
    65.1%
  2. Na I am ok with what I got

15 vote(s)
    34.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Womby

Womby Avatar

The argument that the agreed value of purchased items should not be diluted is a valid one. It is unfortunate that it has a chilling effect on many potential improvements, but that's life. Caveat emptor. The system is designed to encourage pledge upgrades, and I'm OK with that, even though it means I miss out on some stuff. More money means a better game for everyone, not just those who can afford a higher pledge.

Sean Silverfoot and Lace like this.
  2. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

If all towns are upgraded proportionately, that would be fine.

Womby and Mekong like this.
  3. Lace

Lace Avatar

Ut oh I am back from my work week and I had another thought that goes in line with this thread (ducks before she is pelted with rotten fruit)

Taxes for a let us say Owl's Head or Brittany are 50g a day on some sized plot. To me these are a metropolis in some cases where soltown is really just probably a holdfast or slightly better because of vendors.

Should not the land taxes be based on the number of amenities in a PRT, NPC town or a POT.

AKA the same plot in a POT or NPC town with fewer amenities be 30 gold a day, taxes on a medium are 40 gold a day and in big one 50g a day.

These are arbitrary numbers, but shouldn't residents pay for the amenities whether they cam from IRL store cash to buy a POT or it is a game town

Random thought that many will hate, but if we want regional economies .. are not town amenities economies and the ability to upgrade amennities increase taxes?

EDIT to clarify some of this
    If I am a gold farmer and I am squattuing on prime land .. it is gonna cost me each day I dont sell
    If I am grabbing land in a place because of my pledge level that I do not intend to use inside a city, I am going to pay more for that in taxes than the guy that claims it .. has a real vendor sells real things etc ...than if I claimed a plot of the same size in a smaller npc town or pot.
    And I guess what I have in the back of my mind (which some will scream about) is the ability for a tiny holdfast to pool enough gold in game to upgrade their town status .. and with that upgrade .. voila more taxes for all residents .. but a way for them to get more amenities.

Tagging @Mekong for your feedback

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  4. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I have a village now and I use up half my decorations just putting walls around one lot. Im shocked at how limited we are in light and decorations. I can put 700 items in my small village deed lot for decoration and what is it 40 in the entire PoT. Pol needs to triple decorations in all PoT's in the least. This is one thing Im really not happy about, having a PoT thats really just a big open thing with a few houses sticking up. Compare them to Pol scenes using similar templates.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    Hornpipe likes this.
  5. Phydra

Phydra Avatar

I cannot say that I agree.

You buy a car and someone else gets a better deal, your car isn't devalued.

You buy a pair of shoes and someone else gets them the next day on a sale, your shoes aren't devalued.

The only time "devalued" enters the conversation is when someone feels/thinks they're going to "lose" on resale... and frankly, if one is buying to speculate on future profits and DID NOT see the idea of sales and changes as a future, it's no one's "fault" but one's own.

The only people who should be making a real world profit on this game is Portalarium.

I'm for whatever changes they need to make to draw and keep market interest, whatever that takes.

I would happily pay for additional decoration allowances and it appears I'm far from the only one.

6. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I agree.

7. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

When POTs originally rolled out I was under the impression that smaller POTS would be, well, smaller, making them much easier to decorate with the number of place-able deco's scaling up with size. As this has not turned out to be the case, many of us are left trying to decorate a titanic sized area with a rowboat full of deco's. Not fun. Worst case, I would be willing to pay more for deco space or upgrading to get more buildings, NPC's etc. As the primary difference between the POTS will still be the number of lots that can be placed, I would not expect larger POT owners to complain as they would also benefit from being able to purchase more deco slots or NPC building slots. While some players may upgrade to a larger pot just to get an NPC building or more decos, I suspect that most are updating to get more lot space in their POTS.

Remember, I did say worst case. Best case Port continues to optimize and as they do they allow for more placement. (Free of additional charge)

Cypher Black

Numa and Hornpipe like this.
  8. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Remember though, large POTS, even Metro's, could also buy more NPC building and deco space, so as long as buying additional lot space is off the table, its really win-win.

Cypher Black

9. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

I still wish there was more options for POTs (and even just home decorators) to be able to "bake" certain items into the scene permanently, so it would require less server updates and data for players. Granted, you're gonna want to keep some stuff as dynamic for roleplay and whatnot, but some stuff should be able to be placed and kept as long as the house/lot remains there.

10. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

lets hope so.

this maybe should be turned to feedback in its own thread, i'd think, the request for us to and for npc building, npc, and deco slot unlocks al a carte, for after ep1 starts - regardless of pot size purchased. - I'd also include a caveat that if the pot owner upgrades their town, those al a carte unlocks still apply. - i know of several pot owners who wish to keep lot coverage small but have more stuff to decorate since they have more space to do just that.

11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Then do what I did when I wanted more of them and increase the size of your town.

Simple, effective, requires no additional development work, and doesn't devalue my investment made for the same reason.

12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

fact is I do not want more building so why should I have to purchase them when it is easy to make them avail as separate pieces, specifically decorations as it is a POT and they are all capable of being metropolis making just the deco increase in number is super easy.

Sadly if you bought a larger town just for deco :)

13. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

The idea solution would be to increase the deco amounts for all PoTs on the same curve as the original roll-out so that the higher tiers get exponentionally more placement options. It is unfair to say "go buy a larger PoT" as, with the exception of Metro's, all PoTs have a lot more area to decorate then expected.

Cypher Black

Lord Baldrith and 2112Starman like this.
  14. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I asked this question during the telethon and they answered it (well kinda). I understand that they don't want them to be "houses" but I can only place 70 items in my *Massive* underground PoT and thats half taken up by walls around a city deed. even if I do fill houses up, the entire zone looks extremely bland. with vast flat open areas that look really fake at that point. It would be nice if we could paint normal scene items into our PoT (just like a PRT or even npc town) like trees and brush and even things like foggy areas. Think a tool set feature like that was available in Never Winter Nights. I don't think they understood this) to make it actually look like a real area. I should be able to make my PoT look like Soltown.

15. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

We will perhaps see this be better answered after the final wipe and persistance is in; perhaps in the form of landscape packages, like the geothermal vents in current caves, or the pipes in Resolute; and other rocks and tree assets.

I was always intrigued by the wooden pallisade large walls found in the battle camps or around Kiln.

16. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

There is no sadness, just room to host a small residential area and rest of the area as a large festival area, movie lot set, winter battle area, seasonal village...

17. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

They could just make different tiers of increases based on the size of the town so say a village spend $100 to get 100 decorations spots but the same $100 in a Metro gets them 500 decor spots thus the value of having a larger city is still there but everyone gets to increase their decor amounts.

18. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

If they increase the deco and light limits, then Port please allow downgrading of POTs. I upgraded mainly for the increase in deco and light limit!!

19. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Quite a thread necro there ;)

We don't need to pay for increases in deco anyways - they won't sell it to us, increased limits come with increased performance. It's the same answer every hangout as the question gets asked every hangout.

Though for me going Metro was about the increased decoration/lighting counts as well as NPCs and buildings - more than the increased lot limits. That said it seems my POT is growing nicely and I will end up needing all those lots.

Numa likes this.
  20. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

But it has been known since the last upgrade that Port would increase deco limits again once performance was up to par and then they would decide how much they would increase by.

Personally I haven't given in to the upgrade route simply because I want the increased deco not really more space.

So I won't give in to impatience while I await the final numbers permitted in each size PoT.

majoria70 and Numa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.