1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

POT owners option to purchase an increase in limits for Decorations etc . . .

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Weins201, Mar 27, 2016.

?

How many would be willing to pay to increase Deco Limits

1. Yes please

28 vote(s)
    65.1%
  2. Na I am ok with what I got

15 vote(s)
    34.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I know ALOT of us POT owners would love to have an increase in the number of decorations for our towns.
    We don't necessarily want more houses just more decorations - Deco / NPC Building / NPCs/ and even Lighting.

Since all POT are already built large enough to handle Metros the item count should not be much of a problem.

[​IMG]

I know it has been talked about that there is an increase BUT . . . .

I would be more than willing to PAY $$ to increase my limits; I would sell packages that increase individual catagories or packages

Solazur, Hornpipe, Maka and 8 others like this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

The general deco and light limits have already been bumped up by 2x from this chart, but I think 4x would be more practical. However, I'm willing to pay a little extra (maybe 1/4 - 1/2 of the price to upgrade the town to the next level).

So far I only spent roughly 60% of available lot markers and have already having some challenges making the town look lively and not just random building slapping together.

Solazur, Hornpipe, Maka and 4 others like this.
  3. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

NPCs
    NPC Shops
    Decos
    Lights

4 different things. The poll is skewed right from the beginning since your mixing non-decos with decos.

As Roycestein said, you could have bothered to start with the up to date numbers.

I'd hope Portalarium could figure out other ways to make POTs feel more lively without devaluing the initial purchase.

As I've said in another thread, this is akin to buying a Lord pledge and then wanting to cherry pick the best parts of the Duke package for less cost.

I'm all for more decos. The rest is part of the value of the individual POT tiers.

4. Selene

Selene Avatar

I'm all for more deco and lights, and for making the non-useful NPC Buildings Deco (i.e. not the statues or public gardens).. but I don't think owners should be able to buy NPCs or Useful Building increases separately. It just seems like taking the wind out of the bigger town's sails.

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ill agree on the NPCs but the NPC building are basically deco and the buffs from statues are not all that imbalancing so I would like to have a few more of them :)

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I'm inclined to wait and see how far our décor limits increase with performance polish before campaigning for a purchasable limit increases.

Aimend, Maka, Black Tortoise and 9 others like this.
  7. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I've seen people upgrading their towns strictly for the access to more NPC Buildings and Deco limits.

Some may view this as someone who has a Lord Pledge who wants a City level lot that doesn't want all the "fluff" of a Baron pledge and wants a discount, or maybe they just want the Baron Imp pet.

Just playing a little devil's advocate that someone who upgraded to Lord strictly for the larger NPC building limits may not like to see those sold off cheaper once they're already all in.

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Touche but even upgrading doesn't really increase Deco Limits. They could easily profit from simply allowing Deco Limit increases :p:cool:;) which is really all I want. More Trees, walls, statues tomb sotnes . . . . I don't need / want building / NPCs :rolleyes:

Maka, Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  9. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

If they get optimizations in then I'm totally agreeing with the increase in deco limits or light limits or whatever.

I think the assumption is that you spread those decorations across a town, so it's not the size of the scene that matters but that if you have a metropolis it is likely the entire decoration limit would be in one spot vs a hamlet which is the same scene size but a more concentrated number of decorations would occur.

I'd like to see all towns get an increase in decoration limits/lights as well as more NPC's etc. :) I really think that towns will look better with more activity/decoration/style so that would be what I would hope for.

10. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Nobody wants that ugly not purple pet! :p

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I'm not a POT owner, but my initial (admittedly uninformed) reaction is that I don't like the idea of having to pay for the privilege of being able to place more decorations in a POT. What's wrong with letting people place as many decorations as is technically possible without causing immense performance problems? Portalarium would earn more income when POT owners purchased more decorations and could use that income to work on performance issues.

I'm probably missing some obvious arguments since this is the first time I've even thought about POT decorations :)

Aimend, Maka, Womby and 1 other person like this.
  12. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I believe the argument would be that more décor in smaller towns would devalue the purchase of larger ones. Though personally I see the value in larger towns as coming from the lot space more than décor so I really don't see much devaluing going on in that regard. Still, picky are fickle and complain a lot. *shrug*

Maka and Kara Brae like this.
  13. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Not sure why would there be any devaluation if all towns get deco and light limits bump like last time. As it stand right now if the Holdfast owner decides to utilize all the possible lot markers, 40 deco items wouldn't be enough to put the pavement to cover the entire area. Well.. unless they go for 1 castle lot and 1 row lot. Even with Crossroad Village, you would barely have enough deco slots to place the pavement on the hill of Pax Lair. My point is if we want to solve the issue with POT looks like a ghost town, then the POT owners will have some more freedom to spice up their town regardless of the size.

I would say, let's try to bump up the deco limit again one more time near the wipe (maybe one week before), let POT owners try the stress test and see if they get bad performance hit. If it's really that bad, then just switch it back to the current limit right at the wipe.

Maka likes this.
  14. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

If ALL towns get the same boost that's one thing.. but that's not what we're talking about here (OP). Being able to increase just your own town or everyone having the same limits is another story.

Metro towns already have performance issues. That's our limiting factor right now. In you increase for a holdfast you have to increase for the metros (current thinking). So performance has to be good enough for the metro increase before us little holdfast owners get an increase.

Maka likes this.
  15. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

I can't really answer this with a vote because the question is not clear for what is really being asked:
    • How many would be willing to pay to increase Deco Limits? My answer based on the stated question would be YES. And I would do this by increasing the size of my POT. I have a metropolis, so I can't upgrade any higher to get a higher deco limit. I'd wait to see if the Devs increase deco limits on all POT sizes proportionally, like they just did, or even alter the scale/proportion curve (more % increase for hamlets, less % increase for metros -- due to performance issues).
    I see you clarify the question in your OP description though. If you posed the following question, which is what I think you are asking, I could answer:
    • Do you support a design change to let POT owners buy increased deco limits without upgrading the POT size? NO -- I respect the value of the POT sizes as packages. It's my understanding that POTs were not designed to be "big outdoor houses". They were designed as living space for communities and people. The fact the landscape is metro size is a design consideration allowing every POT to upgrade its size without changing templates, or needing to design templates for smaller POT sizes.
    • If the price of adding deco limits equaled the cost of upgrading to a higher POT size, then I could answer YES -- but then, you might as well upgrade to get all the additional features.
    Thanks.

16. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

A free across the board increase of decorations for all POT sizes as previously done absolutely. Allowing someone to pay "extra" specifically to increase their decoration limit no. If someone wants to have the same decoration limit as a higher level POT, buy the higher level POT.

If you can pay to increase decorations on a lower level POT you must be able to ask for a refund credit and lower your decoration limit on a higher level POT.

17. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I predict the limits will dramatically increase without us having to lobby or pay more.

majoria70, Solazur, Maka and 7 others like this.
  18. Curt

Curt Avatar

I hope they sets the limits as high they can without hurting performance.

Maka likes this.
  19. Lace

Lace Avatar

Just my 2 cents

We have NPC limits (physical npcs like blackmsmith , crafter merchant, deco merchant etc) that are limited in number by town size pledge to prolotarium .. k got it.

But we have NPC building limit which contain no NPC's also imposed .. aka a guard tower can be placed when you don't have a npc guard placed with it . it becomes just fluff, or npc barn ... these are really deco items and hold no value other than decoration if you don't have the npcs based on your town size to place in them ..

The issue is that blessing statues count as part of NPC building limits and I think blessings are separate things from NPC buildings or should have been from the start.

To me each POT type should have a blessing statue limit, a npc building limit and a npc limit, song limit etc etc.

As for deco limits the lighting limit must just be increased across the board for all POTs and I know that will come with optimizations.

For deco like trees (shame you cannot place bushes) , red striped awnings etc ... yeah those should get bumped but again I think they will be.

Holdfasts are truly screwed with one NPC, but you knew that buying it. I would love to see a NPC bump of +1 to all town sizes (wishful thinking) and then a minimum 1 blessing limit added for all. Again,
    I would love to see blessing statues restructured amongst the POT sizes instead of lumped in with NPC buildings.

I know I reiterated what some said, and ticked off metropolis owners .. but you too would benefit from what I suggested .. not that it will happen but a happy pipe dream.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    Solazur and x_Selene_x like this.
  20. Lace

Lace Avatar

Ooh another thought after re-reading all the input....

A holdfast currently costs 900 dollars
    increasing the amount of usable land is included in the next iteration, this also increases deco, npc, etc ...

Why is it game breaking if a holdfast could have only a max of 25 citizens (because of land mass available and arbitrary number) want to be able to have 6 npc's 4 buildings and 3 statues ....

Why is it that we feel a smaller POT with upgraded ammenities for a fewer number of citizens is a bad thing .. they can only house so many ..... they can't get more land without an upgrade. Why is it a threat or game breaking? What am I missing?

What I am hearing or thinking I am hearing is .. because I bought a big arse POT .. all folks that want blessings should come live in my place cause I spent this money on it .. not because I provide an enriched environment, not because I provide socialization, not because we are tight knit, but because we are huge .. you must live here ..sorry if sounds harsh I mean no offense I have a rather large pot not metropolis but playing both sides. Not everyone wants to live in a big city, should hey have all the benefits .. no .. but should hey be as heavily penalized as what is implemented .. I think perhaps not.

Example:

I am guild BabyBoomers
    Our POT IS BabyBoomers
    Our guild is 25 members
    Our members want to live in our POT of Babyboomers

Members 10-25 are hard core and do not want to live there cause our town is small and we are competitive and PVP or whatever.
    Now members 10-25 go to giant metropolis GenY to get edge from blessings and be hardcore.....
    Is that what we want from this game, living where you 'think' it is best .. I hear cries of regional economies but we are wiping this out with perhaps POT locations and blessing that are 'preferred' or the news owls head in location to resources.

So while we want regional economies, based on the current POT rewards folks will just gravitate to the regional economy they want to sell in and then based on R28 I just become a trustee of my friends house and recall in and sell my goods there .. boom busted regional economy.

again devil's advocate.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.