PvP town and Banning Permissions, Does it cross the line?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Sold and gone, Sep 20, 2015.

?

Do you like pvp towns to have banning permissions?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I do not care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I guess thats a risk of being in a pvp area right? Why the heck do you want to be in a pvp area and have 0 risk?

Atogrim, Roper Docholiday and Abydos like this.
  2. smack

smack Avatar

3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

What happens after release...they dont add any lots....or they keep adding n pc towns in order to facilitate rising population. Shouldn't we be looking at best case scenario and prepare for it.
    UO showed what happens when you dont anticipate people abusing a system.

4. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

The entire idea behind such an even could be because someone wishes for a more focused PvP.

For example, single elimination tournament. Once killed you are to bow out till the end of the tourny. Only a few people keep attacking after they are out.

Roper Docholiday likes this.
  5. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Then do it in a pve town setting. There are arenas in Owls head, and in Ardoris. There are arena basements. This is the reason they made these things. For PvE people that do not want to be subject to pvp rules of open world flagging. You are asking for powers to give Pve in pvp zones. and that is not right. It goes directly against the ruleset.
    [​IMG]

Roper Docholiday and Abydos like this.
  6. sake888

sake888 Avatar

Well, I think you would be incorrect then.

This is interesting:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  7. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

That section of Map always existed before POT's and could have been an NPC Town PRT Town or A PVP shardfall any other encounter instance if you entered it. POT's are wanting to own an Hex of the original map and impose their extra rules.
    They have only paid to have a PRT in it, design the Town Layout, name it, set PVP or PVE nothing More, not to restrict the freedoms of the rest of the games players.

8. smack

smack Avatar

I think you are confusing what will be available pre-launch, during lot selection, which is exactly what Starr was referring to, with what happens over time, post-launch.

Again, differentiate between pre-launch lot selection vs. post-launch lot availability over time. You're missing some other remarks I made that said either they continually create new land via PRTs or they don't make any more. So in one case you have infinite land, which they don't want. On the other hand, if they don't create PRTs, the only available lots will be those in existing NPC towns, PRTs, or POTs. Given that NPC towns are static and they aren't going to create those on-demand nilly willy (because: lore), and if they don't create new PRTs, then the only other avenue is POTs. So you can see the dilemma the devs are in, or perhaps you don't. Thus, what resource do the residents of a bad POT have? The only thing we know is that they will continue to sell POTs. They have not stated they will create infinitely more PRTs. In fact, they haven't even stated if they are going to put back all those PRTs they removed from Novia.

In any case, feel free to debate the validity of The Land Rush argument in those threads.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  9. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

i know im late in my response i was picking my daughter up from college... if 15 pvpers rolled into my town i would be ecstatic msg my buddies and for the next hour or so i would have a full scale war would msg my friend who would come down and stream it on twitch hopefully for me, and id probably send invites to other friends of mine telling them where the pvp action was at this time. yes rav you would get an invite probably envy, pesitinance and a few others that would like to probably remain nameless that is what having a pvp town is all about.

my ban's would only be to those players that are using racial slurs calling people really bad names beyond what i find acceptable and believe me 4 1/2 years in the corp my tolerance lvl is pretty high.

but as i said before i want pvp in my pvp town (if i am awarded it) i would not do anything to lesson it i am actively coming up with ideas on how to create situations that would entice people to come there and attack it.

10. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

to reply to this as i missed it on my phone when posting earlier...
    they not building or asking for this feature its all ready there... this thread is about removing a feature that is currently in the game....

sadly where i disagree with you on the stance here on player bans i would agree with you that pot have to much athority to kick a owner from a town and that is where a true balance needs to be worked. and the most damage to the game in the end will come from

mbomber and sake888 like this.
  11. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Maybe best just you get a list of PvP towns with owners and find out which ones are prepared to ban players.

Quite frankly what Joe "I'm a PvMer" Blogs thinks is fairly irrelavent. This is really down to the PvP town owners........let's get the list together and as a group make a decision and if necessary put the request in to Devs.

12. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Well maybe they could have a town banner with a different colored banner also, so we know that they do not want pvp, even though they are pvp.....hrm.....

mbomber, Roper Docholiday and Abydos like this.
  13. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

So what will happen in reality is their ban list will fill up very quickly, a guild will then descend on them and massacre them.

Quite frankly I don't care if they want to PvP or not......if they are in a PvP town they will PvP whether they like it or not ban or no ban.

That's my stance and thus the stance of my guild.

Bored of this thread to be honest.

14. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Were is this land rush, Portalarium will have 30% of NPC towns lots free on release and you are never going to be forced to live in a POT, so if you have a land deed their is a Lot free somewhere.
    The main Plot choosing is all organised before the game launches.

15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Failing is part of the sandbox.

mbomber likes this.
  16. smack

smack Avatar

Yes, I've said that but I'll repeat again, they will have enough for lot selection pre-launch. They will have a 30% allocation post-launch. The open discussion is if that is a one-time allocation or continuous allocation (infinite land). Seriously, read the The Land Rush threads, there's a healthy discussion going on over there so feel free to contribute.

wagram likes this.
  17. sake888

sake888 Avatar

It's also interesting that you keep suggesting my points are mixing up past, current and future tense events, all the while this thread is built on the foundation of future tense events that have never actually occurred and perhaps never will.

18. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

What's right for one person is not necessarily right for the next person.

My risk is greater in an NPC town, where I don't know who my neighbors will be. I am safer in a POT.

Regarding PVP towns and bans - that's none of my business, since I don't PVP.

mbomber and Duchess Fionwyn like this.
  19. Godfrey

Godfrey Avatar

Give me two things:

1. The ability to hide POTs on the map
    2. All crafted items show who crafted them and what POT they live in with no ability hide it from a purchaser

If I can have these two things, I'll shut up about it and interact with those I find deserving using my time and coin.

20. smack

smack Avatar

My original post you quoted was about the post-launch Land Rush. You brought in the pre-launch lot selection guarantee from Starr which had no bearing on the argument.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.