1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q4 Schedule

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello everyone. Some really great stuff coming up. Regarding pledge rewards imho this should be a moot point to encumberance since bought with real life money, we are just guaranteed to get them with no issues regarding weight or anything, we can just claim them.

Also very disappointed to not see anything mentioned regarding the character look. I have been battling for this for so long, and gave it a rest to wait and see, and no way has my female avatar gotten beautiful, body improvemnts yes of course have been done, and movement improvements too, except running is still weird, but she still does have a horse face which has no sense of femininity. No gorgeous soft lines pretending to be beautiful. Do not overlook this, fine if at this point no new avatar, but at least rework that hideous face please. No game customization can fully rework this face, we need to start with something that is softer and way more feminine. I will probably do a more detailed post about it, but would love to hear good news in that regards to this.

2. smack

smack Avatar

They haven't solved this yet for the offline game. They've talked about turning the lots to NPC homes, but that implies building them out, decorating them, and adding NPCs. Tons of work based on the number of lots available in each NPC town. They've also talked about just keeping those lots empty as if there wasn't ever any lot there but that causes issues with town design. Not an easy problem to solve.

Yeah, unfortunately they seem really busy on other things based on the Q4 schedule. But if we're lucky maybe we'll get another hangout dedicated to single player issues.

3. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

This could be addressed if Devs include some tools to give our character an npc routine. By patching the game from time to time you could get updates on the cities status, and by having player characters as NPC's (in Single player offline the rest of players are permanently offline) towns shouldn't look deserted. Just matter of transferring all the PC's scripted dialogue to the client (that can be done, right?) along with their houses and properties.

The only extra management is to develop a system to make sure you can access the plot you want while playing offline, or just leave some plots empty so you can place your house on them.

4. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Sadly with the merging of all single player threads to one it shows the level of importance to the crew. I'm hoping I'm not reading into it, but when you see 100's of similar PVP threads that never get merged and anything brought up about single player merged to one you tend to think it isn't as important to them.

5. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Or.... Maybe this means it's more important, since all relevant information is consolidated into a single location, and easier to review?

6. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

In all fairness PvP does have its own topic area to try and keep things tidy. Maybe they need to create one for single player?

7. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

People did ask for that in the thread...I'm not sure there are many left here who would even post in that. I think we do need a dev video on their plans...to me it would be nice....

8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

umm all the same quests are there just for you! :)

9. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

I did suggest that but it seems I wasn't heard.

10. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Seems fun in an empty lot filled world....why would anyone play the game then?

Edit: this really shows the disconnect there is in what will work and what won't. There is a lot more then just quests that need to be considered.

11. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I was thinking the same thing last night. I also feel like much of the discussion for testing the game should be done in separate single player and multiplayer forums. The two things don't really go well together in my opinion. I know it's the "same game" but the way players approach just the basic mechanics are very different. So a lot of the feedback that the devs receive is jumbled between the two perspectives.

I don't know how many times I've been discussing something with a forum poster for several posts only to figure out later that they were thinking about the problem exclusively from a single player point of view.

12. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Is merging threads for our benefit or theirs? If they put all the threads into one thread, so they can better track the player feed back, yes, it would show the level of importance. They just focused their efforts - it's all about perspective.

13. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I'm a hoarder... I'd love to have some way in-game AND on the add-on store (NOT IN THE PLEDGES!!! THEY ALREADY GET ENOUGH! :)) to increase how many NON LIGHTSOURCE items we can place in our lots/basements/vault/bags/etc. Let us cheat the system and give you money ;)

14. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Could always buy 2nd house for storage ;)

15. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

They should sell cloud storage... You know, clouds with garage access!

16. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Oh, I have an alt citizen, an alt ancestor, and my wife's lord houses already... she's going to stay with me in my house so that's... two row, two village, a town, and a duke lot? NOT ENOUGH! :)

17. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Sound like me 1 x row, 5 x village, 1 x keep :D

18. Beli

Beli Avatar

What about a dog house for when she kicks you out of the house for the night:)

19. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

haha.. then perhaps getting the garden shed and the stable from the stretch goal store would be necessary. ;-)

20. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Man cave... hmmm wonder what a SotA man cave would have in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.