1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q4 Schedule

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smack

smack Avatar

It's moved a little. It was 8k in December.

It can be a big deal in that a large percentage of your community is not engaged -- if the whole purpose of your KS project was for engagement (feedback). But I suspect that is actually the norm for KS projects.

I've backed many dozens of projects and I've ignored quite a few until they've shipped, even though I was offered Alpha/Beta access. There's only so much time you can dedicate to everything, so you pick and choose. More than likely, you only pick a handful. Engagement can be a time sink depending on the engagement model and what's asked of you.

I'll guess that most of that remaining 5k treated this as a pre-order and are waiting for final release.

2. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

Well I guess R-13 is going to be Dec 18th and we will be 24/7 as of Dec 01...
    I'm thinking we will have a wipe before that Release Hehehehahahalololol
    So don't get too settled in before R-13

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Will stealth eventually work for players (and NPC's) on the overland map? Also, will we be able to see other random (non-grouped) players walking about on the overland map? Will we be able to talk to them on the overland map?

4. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Please maintain "selective" multi play, as this is what SotA is all about. Don't forget about the SPO mode players... If these "passes" are critical roads leading to other areas of the map (w/ no other way to go around them), I don't want impossible odds when playing, I don't want to run through any area that's impossible to win (just to get to the other side of the map).

Don't forget about the SPO players.

5. Kaderl

Kaderl Avatar

Hello guys, i have seen that you are planning to translate game to another languages. Im from Czech republic and I can help you with translate to Czech language is it possible to help ?

6. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Kaderl!

7. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

We still don't know details but yes it will be possible to help. Keep your eyes open for the big announcement on it later this year.

8. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

I'm not a proponent of localized versions of an MMO like this, but since the decision has been made, I'll support them if I can...

9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Any dev.....

Will we be able to sufficiently hold all our stuff between player and bank that we receive in our pledges? or will those particular things be weightless?

10. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

maybe there will be a special 'pledge' bag in the bank that we can pull things out of, but never put anything into.

If you try to pull something out of there while you don't have room (or brings you over your weight limit), it could pop up an 'are you sure' message to warn you of over-encumbrance.

11. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Current plan is that backers will have enough bank storage for all their pledge items.

12. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Does this mean at launch, pre-launch backers will have a naturally larger bank space than other players?

13. Drocis the Devious

Is there any advantage to keeping something in a bank versus a house? (Especially if I live in an Open PVP area?)

14. smack

smack Avatar

What if we flag any store-bought item as taking up zero weight or space. That way all players have the same bank inventory limits. As these items can be later trade in-game, there's no increase or decrease of inventory limits between players as these items are exempt. This could also add more value to these items later, much like pledge-bought tax-free deeds offer added value over their in-game bought taxable deeds.

Or how about all backers having a Pledge Vault in addition to their Bank Vault? The Pledge Vault can only hold items bought from the store and don't have any space or weight limits. The items themselves will have weight and space values when carried or place in any other vault / chest / etc. Any new store purchases are put in the Pledge Vault for retrieval in-game.

I also like the Pledge Bag idea as that's portable.

15. Drocis the Devious

I don't like the idea of items not having weight and impacting encumbrance. The Pledge Vault is an interesting idea (as long as it's temporary). Eventually, all players need to play by the same rules. The pledge tiers that have the most stuff, also have housing to put it in. So I'm not sure what the concern would be other than how players get the items in the early days of launch without having it cripple their movement.

16. Zassik Dreadmort

Zassik Dreadmort Avatar

If you just have the extra items available by /claim or a similar command like other MMOs you could just claim them once you get in your house or have another sufficient space to place them. Otherwise they're just not on your character and waiting to be claimed. I also hope items have weight. I want boats, carts, etc to be needed for merchants.

17. smack

smack Avatar

The pledge vault or pledge bag or whatever the storage mechanism can't be temporary as certain items are account-bound, not character bound.

18. Drocis the Devious

There's no reason to create a weight and encumbrance shield for more than a temporary basis. It's not fair to HAVE the items and not account for their weight and encumbrance. People that play this game long after the start deserve to play on an equal playing field.

So if there's no way to have a pledge vault or pledge bag on a temporary basis, then we shouldn't have them at all.

I think it would be cool to have a "bag of holding" that came with pledges above a certain level. It's a great idea. But it also seems unbalanced and unneeded when all we really have to do is say "get your crap out of the bank by X date or you're going to pay extra taxes on the storage fees".

19. Haz

Haz Avatar

Wouldn't really matter on the storage mechanism (bag, box, chest), as long as we cannot add to it. How many of us are gonna let stuff just sit in a bag instead of using it? Be it as a decoration, or a resource? Once you pull a tool/resource/item from the storage mech, then it cannot go back inside. Nothing else can go in either. That means the only things that don't count as weight, or as item count, is stuff in the storage mech. Once you pull it out, then it has weight and count, but only once it's been removed. I can't come up with a scenario that would make something along those lines unbalancing or unfair.

Haz

20. Drocis the Devious

Great idea, Haz.

Three things about this...

1. I like the idea of the bag (or vault) not working for that particular item the moment you start using it. Meaning that you can't put it back into the bag (or the vault) once you take it out. That's a great solution.

2. Gamers hoard. They use mules, they keep everything even if they don't need it or it's worthless. Just about everyone would just this extra storage area if they had the opportunity.

3. These pledge items were given as "rewards" but there was nothing that said they'd be weightless. I don't want people running around with an extra set of armor and weapons in their weightless bag. I don't want people storing an entire inventory of buildings in their free vault for the next 10 years. Use it or lose it. Everyone should have the same amount of space in their bank vaults.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.