Raine of emotion - Chaos, pride, embarassment... eeww what is that feeling?

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Amber Raine, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Time Lord - This one is for you! ((I am my own worst critic so I will not judge my voice ~passes out cotton balls~))

Lyrics - Taken from the original poem and edited slightly:

The sky will burn with shades of red
    Listen to the humans scream for their dead
    War it is , War will be
    Sit back in joyful glee

Chaos ensues it warms my soul
    Vengeful restless they do not know
    All shall perish all shall die
    Take up your rightful sigh

Sisters in arms I call to thee
    Brace yourselves for what shall be
    Our kin shall shine like stars in the sky
    for in this war, all humans die!

SirRichard, Themo Lock, Tahru and 6 others like this.
  2. Amber Raine

Came upon a few lost poems through out the forums, thought I should collect them all in one place :) Thank you for this thread!

Time Marches On
    (For Korvash)

May your travels through all you go through be successful and blessed.
    May your path be well lit and journeyed safe like the rest
    Life is about changes both willing and not
    Forever I will be thankful for the time we had got
    For now is the time to hear the clock tick of the last
    It is the time to journey anew on an unpaved path
    It is now the time to look forward and not back
    Time to carve new goals and dreams in a unmarred track
    In your travels endured both near and far
    Remember your friends and those who hold you in their heart
    None of us will ever truly say goodbye
    Instead we will dance and cheer as you take to the sky relearning to fly

Written - June 21st 2014
    (Joy Tomkinson)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    I remember this one - I had actually put it on my facebook so I would always be able to find it! Frank you still are worthy!

I shant say goodbye...
    (For Frank Baxley)

I shant stand at your office door and weep
    For there you are not, it is no longer where you keep
    Your image like sunlights drawn ray on Saskatchewan grain
    The gentle pitter patter on my arm of the autumns dancing rain
    I shall feel your Grace in the gale that blows
    The glistening on the rockies of freshly fallen snows
    When we look upon our devices in the early mornings hush
    We shall remember it was made with your swift uplifting brush
    The flying monkeys in circled flight
    shall continue dancing in the soft stars that fill the night
    I shant stand at your office door and cry
    You are not there and your memorys work shall never die
    --Amber Raine
    ((I am only posting this to my wall as I did not wish one of my poems nor the sentiments of it to be lost to the void of the SotA forums -- ))

3. Amber Raine

I was tasked to write on a specific topic for a contest coming to a forum thread near you soon ~grins~ As an example of what is being sought for. Enjoy! (note: only the first part will be used as an example as the story need be far less wordy then this one is. )

((I want to thank Browncoat Jayson from the Scholars of Novia, for the helpful editing in part 1 of this tale))

-------------------------------------

Daniel lay sprawled out on the yellowed grass of the war torn ground of Greymark Forest, billowing black vents of smoke rising all around him. His armor crafted of the finest augmented iron could no longer protect against further assaults.

Using the trusty Sword of the Ba’Heer, Daniel had kept at least two dozen dark elves away from the small camp his brother Stefan had created. The wolves of this southeasterly wooded area were nothing in comparison to the enemy that threatened their lives.

The brothers had come to Greymark Forest only yesterday after overhearing tales of a merchant shipment that had not arrived in Kingsport. The wagon was four days late now and the merchant was beginning to worry.

“Look! Over there, that has to be it!” Daniel called out to Stefan realizing what they had found. The wagon lay deserted and haphazardly upon its side. An attack was evident as the contents lay upon the ground. A few of the boxes already rummaged through and others remained closed, yet highly damaged.

Daniel gasped breathlessly, his weak and battered body shaking him from his memory and returning his consciousness to the here and now. The dark elves were on high alert and Daniel knew it. How could they not be?

Three elves were deployed in different directions at set intervals to patrol the area, he was able to defend against any that located their camp. He had to keep his younger brother safe. Another of these elves was due to come past any moment now.

Like clockwork another elven fighter approached his location. Daniel forced himself once more off the grass and took fighter stance, his blood stained sword poised to strike.

Quaffing back his last health potion, Daniel swiftly lept forward into the path of the elf. Their eyes met and, as if by some automation, the elf gave chase. Daniel led him further away from the camp down the graveled dirt road toward the river before turning and bringing his sword to bite into the fleshy arm of this enemy.

Having learned their combat style from previous fighters and skillfully displaying the stances studied in Braemar , Daniel was able to deliver upon this abomination a final sleep.

With the last breath of life, the iron longsword of the elf was plunged into Daniel’s left side; as the elf fell so did the sword, tracing all the way down his body.

Daniel screamed as his attempt to stand failed, his legs no longer able to support him, and fell upon the solid cold ground, his last thought before unconsciousness met him, “Stefan, my brother. May you find your way out safely….”

--------------------------------

“Get up my brother! We need to leave immediately the whole area is under attack!”, Stefan pleaded as he shook his older brother trying to stir him from what he believed was slumber.

Daniel groaned, his entire body aching from the beating he had already taken, his body no longer wishing to respond to any movement he tried to perform, the shaking cascading ever more violent torrents of pain to places within himself he was not even aware existed.

“Stefan, leave me! Get yourself across the river to the upper meadows and flee this place! I will not make it and will only hinder you. My time is through but yours my brother is only just beginning.” Daniel managed to squeak out through gasping breaths.

An eerie sound echoed very close to Stefans ear as a stray arrow flew only inches from his right shoulder embedding itself into the tree beside him. Both brothers locked eyes briefly enough that Daniel could see the spark that ignited inside Stefans. Daniel knew at that moment what Stefan was going to attempt to do..

“No Stefan, do not ev…” Daniel was cut off by the force of his younger brother lifting him as if he weighed no more then a feather and draped him over his shoulder.

Daniel grimaced, biting deeply into his bottom lip and successfully choking back the need to scream knowing if he made any noises the elves now surrounding the area would locate them. His whispered cry to leave him behind falling on deaf ears.

“I will not leave you here to die a fool's death alone, no more than you would leave me here to die to the same fate.” Stefan whispered as he prepared for the dash eastwardly toward the river and past all resistance that would attempt to stop them.

Stefan could hear the sound of foot steps crunching fallen leaves and dried grass behind him, he knew instantly it was time to move or neither would make it out alive. In one swift movement he readjusted his brother on his shoulder and sprinted toward the east river.

Another arrow came whizzing past Stefans ear. They had been spotted!

The fear upon his face became more evident as tears welled in his eyes. Closing them he pressed forward, the sound of footsteps approaching on his left and his right.

This was the danger Daniel had tried to warn him of if he had not left him behind. Yet how could he? Daniel had raised him, not only as an older brother would but Daniel had also become Stefans spiritual advisor and father figure after the death of their own father early in their lives.

The sound of another arrow whizzed past his right ear, Stefan leaped left instinctively and lost his hold on the nearly lifeless weight of Daniel. Both brothers fell to the ground.

The obvious danger he had not only been warned of but now found himself in all to evident as it closed in on them. This was going to be the end, he had tried, yet dread filled him as he realized he had failed his brother.

Looking up from his position on the ground, Stefan could see the leaning trees on the hill so very close, sounds of the rushing river directly in front of him. Stefan tried to concentrate his vision blurring as he tried to calculate the distance between himself and where Daniel had mentioned they could be free of this nightmare.

How could he give up now? How could he allow himself and his brother to fall to the enemy after the warning he had been given and chose not to listen to?

Stefan could hear the shouts all around him, a language he did not understand but in tones that left no doubt what was to happen if he did not move, now!
    From the corner of his eye Stefan witnessed the forming of red soaking into his collar becoming brighter, his only thoughts: Daniel had been hurt, shot, and now bleeding. The realization gave Stefan the extra burst of energy he needed to fight his way to his feet, pick up his brother and run.

Stefans mind was foggy as he became dizzy. He could no longer see anything around him other than the billowing black smoke that lifted from the ground before him. His heart threatening to burst from his chest.

Another arrow and Stefan fell for the last time in a pile on the cold wet ground at the bank of the river, his body creating a blanket over his brother as if to give a last attempt to protect Daniel.
    His own voice fell upon his ears as he cried into the air, as he heard footsteps begin to surround him, ones he could only believe belonged to the enemy elves. His words emanated faintly and nearly inaudible. Stefans vision turned to blackness and he fell into a sleep that he would not wake from.

-------------------------------------

Daniel stood above Stefans grave site, looking at the friendly people who had helped him back to safety, Tears trailed down his cheeks as he recalled those last words spoken by his brother, the strongest bravest person he would ever have reside in his heart ..

“By light or night, we will win this fight. He is not a burden, he is my brother. He saved me, so I could save him.”.

4. carlaisle

carlaisle Avatar

Somewhere between here and Timbuk3 Chaotic Bliss
    I was definitely captivated throughout the story of Daniel & Stefans plight for survival. During their journey I was kept in suspense of the final outcome of who, if any would survive. I expected Stefan to make it out alive as he was now protecting his brother. Quite the ironic twist to my surprise, Daniel was the soul survivor of the brothers.I truly enjoyed this story Amber & look forward to more great stories to come. .............. :) :)

5. Amber Raine

Thank you Carlaisle :)
    Oh, My, GODDESS! okay. After reading this from you and then seeing those names together ~facepalms~ I had not picked up on what I had done until that moment. Gosh, a thanks to my subconscious?

Gaelis, carlaisle, Asclepius and 2 others like this.
  6. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Utterly awesome - a brilliant and captivating story! So well done!

7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

8. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Absolutely amazing :D Totally unexpected ending :eek: More please...:rolleyes:

9. carlaisle

carlaisle Avatar

Amber, who would thought Stefan & Daniel......... Indeed! Brilliantly incorporated into your story. ....put them together & they become a brilliant artist we all know ........ :p Your welcome Milady Always a pleasure to read your stories Yes, definitley more please :)

10. Amber Raine

Who would have thought... nah it was obvious to come to me this way...
    Writing for DarkStarr ... ~grins~ Starts with a nightmare that one wakes up from .. moves into a poem and then the story... Last night I had the Nightmare... Here is the poem that shall begin it all!

Cold and empty shadowed halls​
    they are slowly forgetting his reputation​
    Virtuously imaged walls​
    becoming his nightmarish condemnation​
    Deepest darkest chaos​
    Endlessly his only true compassion​
    Tortured screams of trespassers​
    remembered, returning his inspiration​
    Quickly wiping the grin from his face​
    the crowd he then consoles​
    It is a mere facade displayed​
    to be let into their souls​
    His time to reign has returned​
    they shall all weep in desperation.​
    The High Priestess stands ready​
    To welcome New Britannia’s salvation​

11. carlaisle

carlaisle Avatar

Yes, who would have thought Amber, Darkstarr of Course :p by the mystical powers of chaos he hath come to life by thee pen & thy Avatar he shall infiltrate your dreams, to reign chaos throughout thee lands with The High Preistess of Chaos to speak of his life, where he has been not knowing the future and what lies ahead on their journy through New Britannia. :)

12. Amber Raine

"As the sands shift with the wind​
    So too does the trail of my path​
    I can hear the echoes calling for my descent​
    Ancestors beckoning me back to the past​
    The tides are soon changing​
    I can feel it down deep.​
    Visions of the future​
    brought by the past in my sleep​
    I shall hear your words​
    and stay by your side​
    Will you stay with me​
    While my innocence dies​
    From my eye shall fall​
    But one single tear​
    To mourn what once was​
    as I am reborn in the new year.​
    [​IMG]

13. PrimroseEverdeen

PrimroseEverdeen Avatar

nice poem and great read

Amberraine likes this.
  14. Amber Raine

He came to me by surprise​
    the fear from what I felt filled my eyes​
    my heart it screamed out his name​
    Since that day, I have not ever been the same​
    His gentle words they scare me so​
    I try to hide but my heart screams no​
    Words so tender, sincere, and pure​
    Shatter the walls of the blackness i endure​
    I try to keep my emotions at bay​
    my defenses toward him weakening every day​
    To feel his embrace upon my skin​
    The hole in my heart begins to open​
    How do I tell this angel just how i feel​
    that the feelings I have are truly real​
    I had sworn to him it was made of stone​
    I could not love, I was meant to be alone​
    Now in terror of passion i try to scream​
    his words echo in my ear so soft and serene​
    Keep it hidden or to let it show​
    Rejection from this angel a pain I do not wish to know​
    From my darkness to his light i slowly creep​
    His image and words linger in my dreams as I sleep​
    I know now it is to late to deny​
    I need him, want him, to be mine.​
    I shall muster the courage, for my heart dares to sing​
    For to not and keep hidden , is to risk everything​
    Lose him i can not, for he has me unfurled​
    This man, this surprise, this angel, is now my world​
    - Amber Raine​
    January 23rd 2015.​

15. Amber Raine

So.. as those that have read my works know. I am one of the last people that write much in the way of "love" poetry. Usually, and has been this way for more then a decade. I write the darker, blacker, side of things.
    Yet. I decided tonight I wanted to write again. I did as I always do. Place my fingers on the keyboard and see what magick can happen.
    No thought, just let the words flow...
    I questioned posting this one. My sermon today was about doubt... not posting this lets doubt win. So I post it, with only one thought as I sit up in this tower of darkness, "I believe".

Cold and frozen like winter stone​
    black the nights I spent alone​
    Locked in a tower high in the sky​
    My wings were clipped. So afraid to fly​
    Forbidden was love as always to me​
    Until now, someone has dared to set me free​
    Love was always seen as something to make you weak​
    Yet cradled in his heart is all i now seek​
    My prince. I await you in this tower so high​
    Your wings are they strong enough to help two to fly​
    The key is yours if you risk to dare​
    In sleepless dreams I await you there​
    No longer afraid within the comfort of his light​
    No room for doubt of something that feels so right​
    My heart has been opened it calls out your name​
    Like my protector the wolf are you ready to do the same​
    This elvin lass will kneel in submission with one final prayer​
    "I will surrender it all, for the love of a <bear>"​

SirRichard, Asclepius, Kitten and 5 others like this.
  16. Amber Raine

I never meant to hurt you
    I never meant to make you cry
    I never meant to scare you
    I never meant to make you die

To break you was my biggest fear
    To love you all i wished to do
    Have you close and always near
    Finally be allowed to give all my love to you

Perhaps I let to much out to quick
    My lack of boundaries limitless
    Now worry in my gut makes me sick
    Your warm embrace I now truly miss

Forgive me for surrendering and showing all of me
    For you I would still give up the stars
    I promise you everything of my eternity
    Will you continue to promise me all of yours?

:(

SirRichard, carlaisle, Tahru and 4 others like this.
  17. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

~Amber's Big Brother quietly sidles up and gives her a kiss and a squeeze~

So happy for you Little Sister - your happiness is long overdue and greatly deserved!

~gazes benignly at Gabriel~

And congratulations sir, you have proven to be a worthy companion! This one is special - make sure you treat her well, or you will be hearing from me.....

18. carlaisle

carlaisle Avatar

Amber You are Truly Blessed with the "Pen of Chaos" Your lil Black heart is "Sweet & Adorable" Wonderful Awesome Poems........looks forward to more ............:) :)

19. carlaisle

carlaisle Avatar

Enchante'', But what of the butterflies, the chaotic heartbeat, one wish hearts desire,Trip the lights fantastically, May I have the pleasure of this dance? Dances the night awy sweeping one off there feet, lost in the moments, Cherish such emorie forver after. Embrace Thee. let it reign emotion & Chaos here & now! Faithfully yours for all eternity .........

20. carlaisle

carlaisle Avatar

Never Feel Jaded By Others Negativity. If you See or Read it, DoNot take it to Heart, Its Soul Purpose is to Create Doubt. See it Read It Move on Belive in Yourself & the many Wonders of Your hearts Desire. All Good Works & Anything is Possible If You Believe ...........:) :) :) :).....................:) "You are Priceless" :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.