Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Random Scenes, why?

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Well, I think a better solution is making it so it isn't so easy to get away/making the encounters more important.
    Seems to me that would actually be the more reasonable approach wouldn't you say?

2. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

No, I'd say a more reasonable approach is to let people choose, so everybody's happy.

If they truly make encounters more important/valuable (rares for example) then it would be better. But I've seen no progress on that front in R14, so encounters right now are as useless and annoying as they ever were.

3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Well, we will have to just agree to disagree...I think your wrong and that just isn't going to change. Everyone has to play by the same rules.

4. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

The rule is, you can opt out, or opt in. Choose your play style. The game is FULL of choices, why not make encounters a choice as well?

Having difficulty understanding your aversion to choice. Not everyone likes the same things. The option in this case would make a larger group of people happy with the game than forcing either encounters/no encounters.

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Personally, I support breaking rules, as long as there's a game mechanism and a trade-off or cost associated with it. If you want to carry more, get a hireling or pack animal. If you want to do fast travel, use a lunar rift or pay for something that has limited use. If you want to go faster on the map, get a horse. If you want to avoid enemies, use a warding talisman.

Its one of the reasons I want to see the stretch goals done for Ep. 1, so we can make everyone happy. :)

Budner likes this.
  6. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Apart from the lunar rift, which has limited functionality, none of those things are in the game (yet?).

redfish likes this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

When I have time and I'm looking for resources I have welcomed the random encounter because where I'm trying to slowly get to a particular location on the map and it is a ways away and the random encounter is right now. I just go in kill everything and get all the resources. I'm level
    22 now though lol. Anyway there's usually a good amount of resources in the encounter. I know this is not at all what these encounters are suppose be like so right now until we see the real random encounters (choose door 1 lol) it helps me to make use of them.:)

sorry edited to make more sense, duh needed my coffee;)

Isaiah likes this.
  8. Innessa Lelania

Innessa Lelania Avatar

Random scenes are pretty annoying right now, not because they are dangerous (because they arent - you can outrun anything in the scene easily), but rather because the load times to enter the random scene and leave it again are way too long and immersion breaking (as are all the load times for every scene).

Having said that, you have to remember its just the mechanic itself right now that they've placed in the game, which is the base which is needed to add on different types of encounters, as I would expect during a pre-alpha.

In other words, they appear to be testing the mechanic of random encounters using PvE type encounters.

Very likely they will expand on the types of random encounters over time now that the mechanic itself is in place.

Budner likes this.
  9. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Yeah I like the random encounters more now too. They have good resources in there to gather.

10. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

From a resource gathering perspective they're great! You just kill off a bunch of low level junk and then get a bunch of free resources.

Isaiah likes this.
  11. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

yeah. Not bad if you ask me.

12. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

assuming your not already loaded down with resources ....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.