1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 1 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkstone

Darkstone Avatar

I also had a crash, and I have a crash dump directory. Just let me know if you want me to zip it up and send it somewhere.

2. Campbell

Campbell Avatar

Well, I know I saw a message from a dev with a link to an email address for sending in dump files, but for the life of me I can't find it now.

Maybe try sending an email to support and asking them?

3. Justinnitus

Justinnitus Avatar

On the Launcher I am getting:
    - "ERROR DURING UPDATE" (with what looks to be tiny tiny text underneath it) and this happens whenever I click Retry.
    - Then if I click Force Launch it says "Could not find the application when trying to execute the game!"

Note I already left the game downloading overnight and this did finish (the "Shroud of the Avatar" folder is 600+MB)

4. smack

smack Avatar

There are many chests full of items in various places. Just gotta explore the NPC houses and steal all of it! Plus a few chests out in the open just lying around for you to loot. I don't think there's enough stuff to fulfill this hoarder's dream though. :(

5. Tanglewood

Tanglewood Avatar

I've been crashing too. I've logged in 4 times so far, and all times I have crashed within about 30 seconds - a minute. Seems to want to crash immediately after I do a hard turn left or right with my Avatar....

6. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  7. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Has anyone tried to break open any crates or barrels? I found some bread & cheese in one. Everything seems to reset after you log. Accept for my house, I put the tent out front and some plants so I could find it again.

So far everything has been running smoothly for me, no crashes, good performance (fantastic setting), although the conversations are limited, and it would be nice if I had a compass or map so I can find the guy to the north, found him anyways and he has the most to talk about. I've introduced myself to just about everyone, and they do change their disposition afterwards, which is cool. Even the guys who says "don't bother me", hehe...

There's no mouse overs to tell who is who, and trying to talk to one person (with others around) is proving to be difficult. Everyone seems to answer.

I've seem quite a few minor glitches, but they seem to correct themselves after logging, like horses being stuck in the stable, sheep being stuck underground, me being stuck when a door opened over me, things like that, but they all fixed themselves next time I logged in.

So far it's been wonderful to play, my thanks to everyone...

8. IronMaiden

IronMaiden Avatar

I can't connect to a server...

Ok I have 2 Internet Connections...

When I an connected to the 5/50MB Cable which is behind the ISPs NAT router... can't connect...

When I switch to the 3xT1s with a public static IP address, no problem connecting...

9. IronMaiden

IronMaiden Avatar

then again, I connected, entered character name, began to browse through the character settings, then disconnected ...

now can't connect to server again....

10. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Had a wonderful few hours playing this. What I like:
    The immersive scenery
    The NPC's who respond differently the second time you meet
    The bartender - who called me "Sir knight!"
    The exploration and finding stuff
    The ability to decorate homes - I have a fountain in my front yard, along with pot plants, a wood crafting station around the side with wood piles, and inside I have the Throne of Bone! An alchemy station upstairs. I also had a table & chairs, but didn't realise I had to "claim" the house - when I logged on next time they were gone... Still wondering how a fountain fits in my backpack :D
    The highlighted keywords in NPC responses. Makes it much easier to have conversations and find out stuff.

A map of some kind would be nice - I have wandered around and around the town for a bit, finally found my way home. Maybe we are really in a Richard Garriott reality - find your own way, no hand-holding, make notes (gasp - I remember the huge notebook I had for Ultima 5). Time will tell..

Sure there are bugs and things are incomplete - it is after all a pre-alpha, and I feel privileged to be able to play with it.

Big thanks to all the dev team for a huge effort, and for what promises to be a truly amazing game!!!

Bzus and Hackholm like this.
  11. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

smack likes this.
  12. JC_2

JC_2 Avatar

Completed a few video reports on the issues we were asked to investigate this weekend, the index of which can be found here:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.