1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 17 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Apr 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unforgiven2

Unforgiven2 Avatar

I can make those assumptions, because the current setup will allow for that outcome. Your notion that everyone is on an equal footing after the land rush is incorrect. If that were the case there would be no land rush!

Also, many high pledgers will use their initial deeds to snag those prime spots that are to be competed for, and then use additional deeds at a later time to fulfill the PoT lots.

So you're right, someone like me, who hadn't pledged a lot can RENT a spot from someone like you who has pledged a lot, and got a prime vendor location.

That is my whole point, and in no way is it NOT "pay to win".

Again, mind you, this entire argument of mine, isn't to belittle the notion of pay to win, but to defend it.

Exp for PVP'ers is no different then you having the long lasting benefit of a better house lot then me, if you chose to play with the commerce side of things.

Also EXP doesn't affect merchant/vendoring at all. It can affect CRAFTING, but not the simple notion of buying and selling.

So for me, EXP is mostly irrelevant. I'm arguing for the notion of EXP boosters however, because the game will need the continual infusion of funding, and I don't feel its right for me to say "no you can't have that" to someone when its what they want, and it doesn't affect me.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

By renting a location I didn't mean from other players. I don't think it will be all that bad as you might think but time will tell.

In any case the primary subject of debate itself here I think is in itself moot. I don't think it's something that the devs would ever do and if they did the anti-pay-to-win crowd out there would go ballistic.

Ideally, after EP1 new players buying the game should provide more than ample funding. Let's say the game ends up being $45 at launch. 134k new players will raise another 6 million in funds. That's less than the number of accounts currently registered on the forums. Portalarium won't need to continue funding through the store. (And that's aiming pretty darn low).

Now I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of backers getting the same boost as we have now.. limited to the XP we go to during testing. It would be a nice final thank you for putting in all the time to playtest. Color me silly if you like.. but for cash it just gives me the shivers.

smack likes this.
  3. WhichWay

WhichWay Avatar

Hey a noob needs help!
    I got a corrupted patch and game will not launch
    DO I need to delete and re download the game to fix this problem ? thanks

4. smack

smack Avatar

Check for stuck SotA processes in Task Manager and kill those and retry patching. All else fails, yeah, re-install.

Erik666 likes this.
  5. chrisdrain

chrisdrain Avatar

6. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

I see royal crier title is on the list, as a 1st contest entrant maybe I'll see it on my acct in r18?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.