1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 33 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Is that 675 lots being raffled in R33, or is that spread out more?

2. MIdnightvalkyrie

MIdnightvalkyrie Avatar

Where do we go to buy lottery tickets in game, and what is the schedule for the actual draw?

Acred likes this.
  3. Womby

Womby Avatar

Same place you currently buy houses. For example, above the bank in Central Brittany. The draw will be at the end of R33 (28th Sep? Not sure.)

Acred likes this.
  4. Raxhelm

Raxhelm Avatar

This statement confuses me because an update is usually pass tense. Do they mean that this is a work in progress in R33 and that the plan is to optimize performance over future patches of R33?

Alexander likes this.
  5. Magos

Magos Avatar

Just as a point of order - I'm a GM miner and those numbers don't match my experience in the optimal mining area(s). Anyone pulling that much is using cheats/exploits.

Kara Brae, Alexander and Sarek like this.
  6. Kenryuu

Kenryuu Avatar

Hmm perhaps the dude was maxed out with potions? Working up to GM myself, but have not invested in doping yet.

4EverLost likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Why?

[edit] @DarkStarr can you please comment on this? There's been so much stick lately and this just seems completely unnecessary.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Kara Brae, Chatele and Alexander like this.
  8. LordEnglish

LordEnglish Avatar

Did you consider that in having / using a skill which was considered too powerful and needed reworking that you benefitted financially (in selling tamed creatures) and in progress (could fight more dangerous & rewarding monsters)? This is likely the reason for only a 90% refund from the book.

If everyone is getting one of the books, and as you pointed out many people didn't invest into taming (yet), then I'm sure there will be a surplus available for gold in-game. Which as I pointed out, high level tamers could easily make a substantial amount of.

Elwyn, DancingShade and Sarek like this.
  9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

So, 10% exp a lost.
    That's a pity but it could be worse.
    Important to me is that we get one of those books EVERY time a skill is changed in a substantial way as it just happend with tameing.
    That said i still think the nerf hammer hitted tameing too hard.

10. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

Oh darn! Lux Sanctuary isn't on the list. I don't get to move back home I guess for another month. And we'll have to wait for Spoon's fun quests. :(

Otherwise than that, mostly Yea! :p

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yea - they had a bug with unlocking POT forms and wouldn't take a request that didn't have a locked form, which one couldn't since it was bugged. :rolleyes: Which apparently delayed it enough that it didn't make the cut, without a notice...
    :(
    :confused:
    :mad:
    :eek:
    o_O
    ...and still no reply from support if any changes made in the POT is wiped by a location move or if we can start doing layout work. I only asked explicitly three times.
    :(

Not a happy camper right now.

I'll go and do some snarky bug reports about the new player experience to compensate...
    :p:cool::D

12. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

There is a LOT more that we need to genuinely discuss about how the taming changes are being done, and many other things too, but as a simple sanity check - does this actually mean the more times I summon up my pet rabbit, the tougher my obsidian bear will be? :confused: Something feels slightly wrong there ....

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  13. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Although, it is no different from becoming a GM in melee combat by killing mobs in Solace bridge (assuming you have enough XP to burn).

14. syxs

syxs Avatar

I thought I would bring this up about the PvP zone forced multiplayer where @DarkStarr said: "One metadecision we made about PvP is that it is always consensual. There is no non-consensual player-versus-player activity in our game. You always know what you are about to get into."

So how is this forced PvP multiplayer not "non-consensual"? You are forcing me to go into a PvP zone in multiplayer to complete the story/quest. That to me is not consensual in any way shape or form. Your warning me before I go into the zone but your not giving me a choice if I want to finish the story. This quote was taken from https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-ultima-online-to-shroud-of-the-avatar.17068/ the original website that it quotes from is down.

Sir Frank, docdoom77, Chatele and 2 others like this.
  15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

They are working on a workaround for the ONE pvp zone that has storyline elements.
    And you don't have to go to the other PvP zones that have no story.
    So yes, for maybe one release it won't be consensual.

16. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

And in the meantime, just don't do that quest until the work-around is in place.

17. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I hope the "work-around" is not "pay gold", but since they are comparing it to the teleport mages I'm afraid thats all it will be. Just poor functionality all the way around.

docdoom77, Chatele and Sir Cabirus like this.
  18. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

We do need gold sinks, but I'd prefer that the work around involves finding a key and taking a longer route. If we want to encourage PvP the decision should be:

1. Take the time to hunt down the key and take the longer route.
    2. The PvP route is quick and easy with risk

Paying 1,000 gold completely ruins the interesting choice above.

majoria70, Acred and cartodude like this.
  19. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

As Earl Atogrim von Draken says, they're putting in a work-around.

Let's just refrain from criticizing their solution.... before we see their solution.

They're making a game here, and making decisions they feel are best for the game - they're simply saying that entering a pvp zone means you will encounter other players - but you need not enter that zone.

In some zones while gathering resources the risk will be ghosts, in others it will be other players (and some tougher monsters), but the zones where you must compete with other players in a pvp/multi-player setting is such a tiny component of the game, you can avoid it entirely. Let's just see what they do.

The sky isn't falling until the programmers code in sky-falling functionality.

20. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

@DarkStarr I am interested in the answer to this as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.