1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 33 Lot Deed Raffle Winners

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Holy smokes... There were a few big winners in the +10 deeds category... Aleana, Andernut, Mobidoy, noname, and Six all scored huge big... I still can't believe there wasn't any press on this.

Alexander, Bom, Pikegirl and 5 others like this.
  2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Woo got one! Only bought 3 tickets (one place anywhere, 2 POTs)!!! :D Thanks RNGeezus! (AND PORTALARIUM)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  3. Rip Saya

Rip Saya Avatar

Can't say I like the raffle at all. But I am glad to see people getting more lots. Hope they use them well.

4. Gemini

Gemini Avatar

And I felt bad I didn't win and I bought two tickets, there is always the next raffle!

gtesser, Alexander, Bom and 4 others like this.
  5. Silis

Silis Avatar

After that one I don't think I'll try again. Little too disheartening, I know its all luck but I'd rather not put that effort in again.

6. Toff

Toff Avatar

Ok, so that was fun.....but???? Why is Sota giving away SOOOOO many deeds? What are they doing to their add-on store deed prices? They are flooding the market for what point? I know they are trying to gold sink but are they creating a larger problem by doing this? As I posted before one account won $19k worth of deeds, even if he sells those for half price to other players he just made over $9,000 in real cash. (Not trollin on the guy he bought the tickets he gets the rewards) I can see this as a one time or occasional raffle but every month they are giving away this many deeds? This is crazy and I don't see the end result being good for any of us.

7. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Ya big congrats to everyone (sheesh even I won and I never win stuff :))...

Ice Queen, Asclepius, Vyrin and 8 others like this.
  8. Acred

Acred Avatar

Congratulations to all those who won, big or small! :D

Vyrin, Alexander, Pikegirl and 3 others like this.
  9. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Doubt it.
    I started with final wipe with no add on store content. Yet me and bud did okay. Other guy just started last week had 1 ticket in and got a village.

I see no major winners thst wernt groups of people .. so 79 wins amongst a bunch of people is no dif then 5 or 10 individually.

I think this actually benifited new people more then the rich. And honestly? If the rich wanna loose their money paying for taxes in houses they dont need then by all means.
    Lol.
    Congrats agian all winners. Now tell them to fix crit so i can afford to farm tax money!

Alexander, Bom, Pikegirl and 4 others like this.
  10. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

Grats to the winners that needed a lot and got one!

Um and to the ones that won 13 and 79 - really?

Alexander, Pikegirl and Time Lord like this.
  11. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

Yay! Bought 4 tickets and came away with a City lot and a Row lot.

Lord Baldrith, Alexander, Bom and 3 others like this.
  12. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

bought one of each ticket type.. won a village POT lot.. perfect for a guildmate that lacks a lot...

still not so sure I like seeing one person(yes I know its a supposed group) win 79 lots, but that's the way the cookie crumbles..

Alexander, Bom, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  13. Krissa Lox

Krissa Lox Avatar

I was lucky enough to win a City and a Row lot with 50 tickets bought solely from what I got while leveling skills in East Perennial Trail and Owl's Nest Mine.

While I still feel economic balance is overly tilted to the benefit of harvesters (a separate issue already discussed in other threads), at least harvesting is pretty equal access at the moment. I think I've only got one combat skill as far as 60 so far.

Anyways, I'm super grateful and I put a lot of work into getting the tickets, but I think I'll also try to use my winnings to help non-harvesting crafters out to help balance some disparities I'm seeing there.

14. Baliverne

Baliverne Avatar

I bought one ticket and get one village deed pot. Just fine for me. Thx the raffle

Alexander, Bom, Adam Crow and 4 others like this.
  15. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Agree with this. Like the lottery system to give people a chance to win a few deeds without having to spend real money (in theory) but that's a LOT of deeds. Housing market flooded, financial backers screwed by massive oversupply. Happy for the winners, and you used the system in place to get your deeds, but this seems WAY out of whack IMO. Seems Port is more worried about the fallacy of regional economies than the RL economy (backer support) that has literally built this game.

16. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Absolutely correct.

17. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

Congrats to the winners, going to have to eat my hat with some of my guild mates for saying the statistics weren't on their side buying a bunch of tickets post the numbers Portalarium posted and sticking with my 1 of each for this lotto. Was nice seeing over 5 people I know in game winning.
    Hopefully in the postmortem they reveal the actual numbers of what was actually sold.

Lord Baldrith and Bom like this.
  18. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

By the end of the next lottery I expect every active player will have multiple houses.......whether they will choose to pay rent or just try and sell them is another matter.

19. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

Pleasant surprise... looked at the list and didn't see my name say la vee, went in the game to claim some other items from the bank and found a deed... went back and looked and realized it was "Character Name" not account.. doh! :rolleyes:

gtesser, Bom, Ronan and 2 others like this.
  20. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

I did the same thing but realized it was player name and not account name after looking at the list several times :) I wish I had thought I had not won and then relized it after finding the deed, I would have done an actual backflip and not the emote

Bom, cartodude and Duke Avery like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.