1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 39 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Well I am on my way to work and on mobile. I guess it can wait until weekend :D

Numa and FrostII like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Germany ?

3. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

@DarkStarr

* why not give us a toggle for "NO LOOTING PVP"... I'm sure it will be fine since it can be toggled ON/OFF...

* a toggle to turn-off displayed Houses in Towns will work wonders to those who are lagging... give us that too please... ^_^

* I would also like a Toggle for Auto-Looting... this will reduce the amount of clicks or key presses we do in game...

* a toggle for Auto-Combat where Skills are automatically executed not just the Auto-Attack would be appreciated as well... this will reduce the amount of button smashing...

* a toggle to disable day and night cycle... why? why not?

* a toggle for Auto-Pathing... quest NPC markers are already in the game... why not embrace them all and add it... it will greatly help players who are lost in a quest... just click on the quest objective and automatically run to it...

* a toggle to disable NPC Cycles... it's just an annoyance... LOL... besides, NPCs don't need to sleep...

* a toggle for everything to make things much easier and less frustrating when playing SotA

:):cool:;)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Kaisa, yobtar, Tracker and 3 others like this.
  4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Indeed. Cologne. Well at least for work.

FrostII and StarLord like this.
  5. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

When you save a lot to your bank, are all of the items on the lot packed and put into the bank, or is it just a configuration that is saved?

Either way, being able to save lots is awesome. Can't wait to use it.

6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

The thing I worry about with the cooldown on dynamic skills is healers. Healing burst is 30 sec cooldown, that 12 seconds in a dynamic spot. Healers usually have 4 healing rays, one locked healing ray, 5 healing touch and 5 healing burst dynamically. I don't have QA access so I cannot test this myself but I fear it will be heal heal heal wait wait heal heal wait wait, heal heal wait wait, till finally another healing burst can be cast. Being a healer is already hard with the targeting system in place, making burst a good heal for it does not need a target. Maybe I am speaking to soon, I don't know. I guess we will have to wait and see.

7. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

In my healing deck i already prior to this release have mind wipe which helps any downtime in needed skills coming up, i only really find it useful for my heal deck though for general pve/pvp i don't think it as much needed for me at least. In the notes there is mention of amplification of healing spells from memory, not sure what this entails but maybe/hopefully heal spells will become more powerful and also everyone will now have access to healing to a degree with potions and the new utility bar so possible they can take pressure of a main healer.

majoria70 likes this.
  8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

But if the cooldown on healing burst is 12 seconds, does mind wipe clear that cooldown? if not, your still going to be waiting 12 seconds between bursts.

9. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Not for locked skills no, it only works on dynamic skills and i don't have any locked usually on healing deck....ahh i see where u getting at with added cool down times now...interesting...we shall have to wait and see as you say but i would hope it would clear any cool down timers on dynamic skills

Mac2 likes this.
  10. Illveran

Illveran Avatar

Think its time for me to play a lil more often after this ones up. Good job on r39

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  11. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

One of the predicted responses would be "we will consider them for ep5".

Numa and Kabalyero like this.
  12. Curt

Curt Avatar

Wrote it on a tablet and it seems it liked to assume I was attempting to write different words than I wrote.

What I meant is instead of showing that a specific NPC has a quest for you.
    You could instead have some indicator if was quests left for you in the SCENE

FrostII likes this.
  13. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I'm really sad but I have to agree...

Maybe I'm wrong but using UI to guide players seems to break one of the founding principles of this game. I understand the intention behind this. Helping new players is certainly a good reason.

But I hope this glowing thing is only a placeholder. There are tons of animations in SOTA and a lot of them can be used toward a specific target. Also NPC could whisper us when we walk near them.

Black Tortoise and Kaisa like this.
  14. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

It's unfortunate that they put this in. It is exactly like having an exclamation mark over an NPC, something that RG clearly stated he didn't want in the game.

Sir_Michael and Kaisa like this.
  15. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

As for the pet causing agro on the player concerns, I will be looking into this. The idea was not that you would pull agro off of your pet even if you did nothing. The goal was that you would have some agro added to you and if your pet was unable to hurt the target it was fighting, in time, the creature would move to attack the player. I haven't actually tested what the end result was.

What we want is a pet to hold agro UNLESS the mob can't damage the pet an then it will move its focus to the pets owner.

This might not be working as intended but we will get it right ASAP. For R40 my focus will be largely on making pets and taming balanced and meaningful.

majoria70, Ancev, FrostII and 14 others like this.
  16. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Please I would love a pet system thats fun and works right. Taming is very important for alot of people.

17. Lace

Lace Avatar

In regards to the blue glow folks are upset about.

Since it is optional, I am all for it. Use if you want, do not if you don't want the help. What other people do or how they play is none of my business.

Sir_Michael, Aldo, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  18. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

As long as I have the option to toggle it off, I have no issue with it. I just feel that putting features like this in the game is akin to hand holding, and it does take away the experience of self discovery.
    Edit: Looks like an alternate solution in the works here

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  19. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

20. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

Like!
    are there Patterns for the Heater Shields?

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.