Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Release 51 Post Draft: Feedback Please

Discussion in 'Release 51 QA Feedback Forum' started by DarkStarr, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Here is a VERY early VERY rough draft of the Release 51 Instructions Post. As always this thread is for editing the post itself, clarifying the contents, etc. It is NOT about debating game features, decisions, etc. Please start other threads for that.

Also as usual the links to instructions and known issues are pointing to R50 so I don't need to be told that. :)

I also don't need to be reminded about blank areas or places that say <insert more here>. I got those. :)

Also please DO NOT give feedback on the ORIGINAL text that I cut and paste from the Quarterly Schedule Post. As a rule we never edit the original text. We only put new text afterwards in italics. That way we make sure everyone knows we aren't hiding anything, especially if something is delayed. ;)

NOTE: Some things listed here are not yet in the build and might NOT make the release!

Oxblood, Time Lord, By Tor and 7 others like this.
  2. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

"Side Quests" -

Possible its not in the current build - Cloth leggings of Truth?

"Skill Proficiency: The long awaited proficiency system is finally going live! In the past discussion this was called the “Mastery” system. Players will find each and every adventurer skill tree has 1 (or more) proficiency skills. They will be located towards the bottom of the passives in the skill tree. All require the player to be the master (skill level 80) in the parent skill to learn the proficiency. While players can learn all proficiency skills, at any given time they can only have at most one set to “Training”and a second proficiency to “Maintain”."

Conflicts w/ tooltip in game (possibly resolved next build?)

liz_the_wiz and Paladin Michael like this.
  3. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

• All Bludgeon Weapons: The base damage on all bludgeon weapons has been increased slightly BUT also no have a -25% poison effectiveness penalty.
    BUT also no have a -25% poison effectiveness penalty.
    BUT also now have a -25% poison effectiveness penalty.

Axes are not affected from this poison penalty (i've checked on QA and axes have no poison penalty), as @Chris said just Maces, hammers, staves, and wands.

@DarkStarr

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    LiquidBlaze and liz_the_wiz like this.
  4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I had to read this a few times. Perhaps clarify that the bonus only applies to the armor tree that is currently active (determined by chestpiece, unless that's changed?) and only applies to the skills therein? The way it is worded initially is kind of muddled - "Previously got 10% bonus, now..."2.5% bonus per piece in either light or heavy category."

devilcult likes this.
  5. Kron Caledon

Kron Caledon Avatar

Combat: More balance passes will be made through combat. Additionally, Cabalists will get some behavior improvements so that fights with them will be more interesting. Also, Chaos Magic will finally get more spells! Finally, we will be making a Obsidian Training Accelerator Potion that temporarily increases how fast your skills use experience out of your pool to advance

- rename to "Obsidian Potion of Guidance"

- typo - "an Obsidian..." instead of "a Obsidian..."

Also - can you make clear whether this only applies to Adventurer skills, or also to Crafting skills?

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

• Harvestable Trees: We have replaced the placeholder harvestable trees (that have been in the game since the very first prototypes) with new trees that actually look like their respective tree types: Pine and Maple. They can be identified by slightly different coloration from surrounding trees and the Britannian Forestry Service has tagged them with ribbons for clearing. We also updated the tree chopping animation to better align with the trees.
    Don't know if you guys changed this for R51 or not.

7. redfish

redfish Avatar

• Rage Effects: A number of “Rage” effects have been added for boss types. These will usually trigger at around half to a quarter health. Larger bosses can trigger 2 or more effects at different health levels so stay on your toes when fighting big opponents in R51!
    I think this would read better if it were explained in a way like,
    "These are effects that will usually trigger..."

Though I picked up on what you're talking about, I'm not sure everyone reading it will get it from the first two sentences.

8. redfish

redfish Avatar

Larger bosses can trigger 2 or more effects at different health levels so stay on your toes when fighting big opponents in R51!

Only in the case the first part is changed, this should probably be deleted for redundancy.

(Sorry for not getting this in the above post)

9. redfish

redfish Avatar

• Hilt Single Player Version: [SPOILERS] Players who are on the Path of the Oracle and need to access the Obsidian Forge in Hilt may now enter a special solo-player variant of Hilt Fortress. The Obsidian Forge has been overloaded due to heavy use and is damaged! While the Obsidians attempt to bring it back to full capacity, it may be possible to more easily accomplish a certain task... This version of Hilt can ONLY be accessed by players who are not in a group and on the correct stage of the Path of the Oracle. The Obsidian Forge in this version will have a very small subset of its normal functionality. Players who desire more of a challenge may still use the original version; to access it while on the Path of the Oracle quest stage, they will need to be in a party.
    I think for clarity, "may now" would be better changed to "will by default" or "when outside a party will". This would explain the situation in the first sentence, rather than clearing it up in the last sentence.

The rest of the highlighted text would start out better by saying, "In this version, the Obsidian Forge...", in which case the last sentence highlighted should probably start out "The solo-player variant..." to avoid redundancy and "can ONLY" to "will only".

The written text tries to frame this in terms of player choice, which is understandable, but I think its clearer and more readable if you frame it in terms of game objectives first, with language like "by default" to underline the player choice second.

10. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Way obvious, but it still references R50:

RELEASE 50, January 25, 2018

11. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

• Performance: In Release 51, we were able to reduce load times even further and take our first steps towards improving frame rate in high player/creature situations! Frame rate still needs much more work though, and efforts in Release 49 will receive our first major focus in that area.
    should be: "efforts in Release 52"

12. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

There is still an element of choice involved. Players on the quest who want the extra challenge (or use the full Obsidian Forge recipe selection) can join a group and enter the original version.

Rentier, Sentinel2 and Chatele like this.
  13. redfish

redfish Avatar

Oh okay.. Well I think it would probably be better to reword it in this case too, since I really didn't pick up on the fact that this is a viable way to complete the quest either, if that's what you're trying to emphasize. Also just the same it feels like you're waiting to explain something at the end.

I just felt it was a bit awkward all in all when I read it through.

14. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

allow player vendors and servants to gesture

Kaffien likes this.
  15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

yayyyyy

16. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

changes are included.

17. DarkStarr

fixed

Rentier likes this.
  18. DarkStarr

fixed

Rentier likes this.
  19. DarkStarr

fixed

Rentier likes this.
  20. DarkStarr

RE: Changing potion name in original text please see my quest in the OP:
    "Also please DO NOT give feedback on the ORIGINAL text that I cut and paste from the Quarterly Schedule Post. As a rule we never edit the original text. We only put new text afterwards in italics. That way we make sure everyone knows we aren't hiding anything, especially if something is delayed. ;)"

add clarity that it applies to both crafting and adventuring

Rentier and Jack Knyfe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.