1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Rewards Program Update (and Release 66 Rewards)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, May 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

What I'd really like to hear about is the new tiered subscriptions. Has @Chris mentioned what will be included in the higher tiers?

Cordelayne likes this.
  2. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Thinking about it a slightly adjusted item might be already sufficient as a reward.
    E.g. the devs could define a special color that represents rewards. Looking at the past rewards bronze, silver and gold might be good colors and would even match with the possible tiered subscriptions.
    On release day each participating avatar gets an dyeable item that would have been added anyway in this release or maybe is even already in the game. This dyeable item is simply dyed in the chosen reward color.
    The items would be no different to the ingame available ones but still rare as no one could recreate them as avatars would not have the needed dyes.
    This way the devs would not need to create items just for the rewards but people would still get something special. :D

3. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Im not sure id want to pay suffiently more just to have the same stuff dyed a marginally different colour

4. Browncoat Jayson

True. Now, toss in some exclusive bronze/silver/gold dye packs that we can use on whatever clothes we want, maybe. lol

5. Calan Caitin

Calan Caitin Avatar

In all honesty though, most players only subscribed for the stretch goals. The cotos, obsidian pots, dyes were just the extra benefit. Not the other way around. If the monthly rewards are lackluster or variants of the same items, I imagine many players (myself included) will be unsubscribing. I also hope each month we will be told what they are in advance; like the stretch goals were.

Sea Bear, Cyin and Alley Oop like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I subscribed for the crowns and potions and also to help support this game. The other stuff is a bonus.

Boris Mondragon, Jaesun and Mishikal like this.
  7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Same... those potion rewards are useful (I use the durability one + the durability 3-day buff + GM durability) to keep my weapon from going to 0 durability in a day. :p

8. Browncoat Jayson

I only ever subscribed to support the game. I don't use any of the stretch goals myself, except occasionally to light off some fireworks. I might eventually use some of the gear as eternal patterns, but at the moment its just fluff.

However, as I've said many times, I wont be staying subscribed until they offer a way to play SPO again. The lag sucks too much to play with my kid, or on a sub-optimal PC. I'd subscribe the two of our accounts immediately if that came back (even if its as part of the subscription tier), and I'd try to talk some of my other group of friends who left into coming back. But I'm not paying more for the game I was sold as being selective player when it no longer is.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  9. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I think you mean until they bring back the original single player online? As far as I know, the offline mode works?

10. Calan Caitin

Calan Caitin Avatar

I used to think that way. With many of the decisions Portalarium have made over the past few months and poor stewardship, in my opinion, of the funds provided to them by the players; I'm about over it. Each patch seems to break more of the game that becomes a permanent feature. Just as they are moving in a good direction, the course is changed and we go back 2 steps. Favoritism towards certain players and groups has been and still is evident. Information isn't funneled to the players in a consistent manner. Some on Discord, some on livestreams, some on the forums, etc... The bug list seems to just keep growing and the patches (almost daily now) seem to only fix typos or npc conversations instead of the bugs that matter like the sticky bars that are annoying as hell.

11. Browncoat Jayson

Yes, mistyped.

Mishikal likes this.
  12. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I was just thinking about a possibility that is reducing the time the devs have to use to create items that are in the end just available for a small number of avatars. If they could use items everyone can get by crafting, looting or in the shop and they just have to add a unique dye to these items this means they have more time to create stuff for everyone while subscribers still get something rare but of course not unique in the meaning of no one else can get a similar item.
    Out of my perspective this would be more than sufficient as a sign of gratitude for supporting the game.

Xandra7 likes this.
  13. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

The last company that did this that I played with was Daybreak. They did this so that players didn’t accumulate as much currency without seeing what they had to spend it on. It was a cheap shot to the players who blast through content and wait for new content. This requirement feels very much the same tactic

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  14. Sher Shadowleaf

Sher Shadowleaf Avatar

Arg. I just found out we needed to log in all these months to get our rewards. Even though I do the monthly for four accounts, I still missed out?

Chemo burned my hands. Literally. The skin hasn't had 'stretchability' until this past week. It has taken several months of skin peeling and regrowing to even be able to type. My chemo needed to be reduced, which is not good for my survivability. But, I've had zero desire to open a computer and couldn't type even if I wanted.

After doing a search, this thread popped up, so I am assuming that as of the date of this thread is when it began?

** Found a photo online that looked how my hands looked after they started healing a bit. It was so ugly, I didn't want a photo at the time; I only wanted to hide them. Now, they look like turtle skin on swollen hands that are 110 years old. So...still really ugly.

[​IMG]

One more month of chemo. Three weeks wait, then surgery, then radiation for 6 weeks. I know for certain I'll be back after all that, and maybe before...but......

So, I'm really sad my treasure chests are empty.

Cordelayne likes this.
  15. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Hi Sher!

My understanding is that 'subscriber rewards' and a 'monthly log in reward' are different things? If you subscribe, you should receive monthly items similar to listed here regardless of log in: http://sotawiki.net/sota/Shroud_of_the_Avatar_Rewards_Program. DarkStarr also has been announcing a monthly log-in reward for a while now that I understand to be something separate.

Best wishes for your chemo and surgery. We will be expecting you back playing SOTA soon!

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  16. Sher Shadowleaf

Sher Shadowleaf Avatar

Thank you, @Lord Aventine ! I'll look at it again, but I didn't find things that were listed as being part of the monthly. I might have chemo brain, though. Maybe I should wait a month before even looking again.

Sean Silverfoot and Cordelayne like this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

:eek: Wow! I sure hope it all turns out ok.

Cordelayne likes this.
  18. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

The Monthly Reward Program stuff goes directly into your Rewards Bank, which you can access via the upper right corner of the screen.
    The Monthly Login Rewards is a totally different thing.

I hope your recovery continues to go well.

Be well

Sean

Cordelayne likes this.
  19. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all and Sher Shadowleaf.

I am happy to hear your recovery is going well and look forward to you being back in the game. Have strength in knowing we are all wishing you the best and an end to the procedures. As for the rewards, is there someone you trust IRL or in SOTA that you would let login and claim you items for you each month.Once you are back you could change your password and have all the hings you may have missed. I would offer to do it for you giving you any personal info you needed to trust me but as of now I am a stranger. I do have a good profile comments section.

The confusion seems to be in the naming. If you pay for the Subscription Rewards, COTOs, Dyes, Titles, "Unique" item, you can find them in your rewards Chest and they will stay there until claimed. The are delivered at the start of your Subscription and the day of the next payment. If you subscribed on the 21st of the month then you will get then on the 21st or 22nd of each month,

The Monthly Reward, Login Reward (January 2020: Krampus Statue) - Krampus Statue, are offered at the start of each month BUT you must log in each month and claim them or they go away.

The Release Rewards, R73 Rewards Candy Cane Wand, Ceiling Yule Tree, Desktop Elf Statue with Yule Hat, are offered at the start of each Release BUT you must log in each month and claim them or they go away.

To See a complete list of Rewards, not counting Subscription Rewards, Visit this page: Telethon Rewards List

PS some of the login and monthly rewards are account bound once you open the bag but can be traded before then.

Cordelayne and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  20. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

@Sher Shadowleaf I am thinking of you and sending you positive vibes! Good luck with your next round of treatment and please let me know if there is anything I can do! :)

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.