Something witchy this way comes....

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Deloria, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deloria

Deloria Avatar

Hi and thanks for so many warm responses: I was a bit away and am so happy to come back and see the progress with SOTA and OH CRACKERS!!!!!!!!
    I really dived into R16 with some good friends and am having such a blast - It was my first real time playing the game and I'm so so so so glad I am part of the adventure.

I still try and think hard of things to make our holdfast the best POT in the realm. And yes that's the goal =)

Here are a few things:

• There won't be any rent requirements. I think people already pay enough and I'm not in it for income rly. Players will never need to pay extra income beyond their lot fees.

• RP players will be preferred over non-RP - especially anyone that can tie their own character to the Holdfast in some way ( Perhaps they found sanctuary? Or a devil's deal or a freindship gained that led them to us). I hope we could work out little stories that tie us all together. Eccentrics appreciated!

• Events focused around witchery and witchcraft. We have a theme and I think that will give us a strong character - I also think a few RP missions like spying / laying curses / in other holdfasts -and also maybe a PvP event called "witchhunt" - only the tables are turned: the witches hunt you! We will also be open to RP with other groups of course. Ithink the general state of the plce will be chaotic neutral so anything goes rly - come with a Challenge :)

• Lore: I would love to make lots of books detailing the history of the Place - and leave those books laying around. Some would be random nonsense (Old wives tales and cures for warts and miscarriages. How to tame a raven and the best way to desanguinate an infant o_O) but others would detail the tragic history of the witches, and why we banded together to form our little holdfast. I am also going to put referneces to the mermaids treasure and run a permanent treasure hunt: A deep mystery in our lore will give clues to it, and if a player manages to reveal our secret I will personally unlock the chest for them.... This one might take a bit of sorting and iq-testery however :)

• Intrigue! I would love to form deep sub plots with other players to kind of give quests and political plots to players who come visiting. If we could tie this to the lore (so that for example such-and-such a POT is mortal enemies towards us etcetc and we fued with them regularly - they keep stealing our mushrooms goddamit!). I wonder would anyone like to be cast as a villian and have a POT lore for that? We could set them up as a feared witchhunter or something. This of course implies a very very good bond outside of the RP. Full daily cuddles and group hugs etc to Ensure we all get along. Its only a game..

• There will be a coven, and the focus will be familial collaboration: An RP guild that ties the "founders" of the place together. Optional of course - since I don't want to restrict people to "my guild" just to get a home, but i hope over time we attract players that can bond to our Group, rather than sitting apart from it.

More to come :)

2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Appealing design.
    Your latest graphic appears to be 600 square meters (1 village lot, or 4 row lots) over the 12,600 square meter limit for a Holdfast.

Tahru, Deloria, Mata and 1 other person like this.
  3. Deloria

Deloria Avatar

*weeps* Don't make me do math..... please....

Tahru, Jatvardur, Mata and 2 others like this.
  4. RDouglas

RDouglas Avatar

Interesting/love your ideas.... reminds me of one of the spots owned by the "blue team"/from our old weekly dnd group/bows.... This band of rag tag roleplayers did the" adventurers academy" together where they received the name of blue team... via 4th edition.... obtained a pub that was a guild home atop as upon our graduation we became a guild worldwide.... a lighthouse, a galleon, and several members of differing races... such lore... many tales... We were a group of cleric, pally, mage, berzerkers, elven witches/rogues.... searching for peace fighting for existence.... so looking forward to starting this game/and trying to get all old dnders to join up/tip of the hat....

Will be helping out with R17 stop in and lets be friends/salutes....
    Rawnie DeDouglas
    /ingame and roleplay dnd/sca
    /giggles wildly.... looking forward to seeing all the others join in.... imagine

Tahru, Deloria, Mata and 2 others like this.
  5. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I am really happy to see another role play town. Sawtooth Hollow will indeed be a role play town also. I look forward to the future of the SotA role play community :) Welcome back!

Tahru, Schmidbauer, Deloria and 4 others like this.
  6. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

Love the concept and ideas, Deloria!

I've found Lord Marshal D'Asperdi to be an honorable and truthful man, so I would trust him if he has found your math to be somewhat off. In designing my own PoT, the math threw me off as well - math is NOT my strong suit! Luckily, Sir Baralis directed me to this tool, which assists you in calculating the amount of square meters of livable space your size of PoT can hold, per Lot Size:

http://sotahousing.com/SotA_Player_Town_Calculator.html

Just use the up/down arrows to add/subtract lots, and when the calculator tells you the number for a Holdfast is "0," you will have used the max amount of space for a Holdfast. If the number is negative, it means your current plan has gone over-size and will require an change, or upgrade to Hamlet. Hope it helps!

Humbly Yours,

Weins201, Tahru, Deloria and 5 others like this.
  7. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome back, Deloria! :)

Tahru and Deloria like this.
  8. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Love this town concept.

Miracle Dragon, Tahru and Deloria like this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome back Deloria. I love your ideas also. One thing I have become very aware of during my experience with meeting other players is that the role play and desire to role play is very strong and alive in them. For myself having been away from that for a while it is a pleasure to me see it seep back into my soul. Reminding me of how much fun I had during those days, and seeing myself revert back to it little by little.;) I agree I think you of course need a waterfall and some type water biome, perhaps a little island for the legend of the mermaids go up on it occasionally to sun themselves, and flaunt their sea treasures glittering in the sun. Then when any greedy come to try to steal those treasures they are caught in the trap.;) I can see possibilities for a book for each town with town legend and lore. That would be so cool.:)

10. Devoid

Devoid Avatar

Deloria, your music is the cat's meow! (from your link in your signature) - I suggest you submit your music to Portalrium for use ingame!

majoria70 and Tahru like this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Deloria, I just love your song 'The Vampires Lament'. It is so interesting. I'd love to see it in the game or even in a player owned town like Wizards' Rest *hint* *hint*;)

Devoid, Miracle Dragon and Tahru like this.
  12. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

I'm rather partial to "The elves mean war"

Devoid, Numa, majoria70 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Welcome and nice design, but

you are over 3k Sq meter over allocations for a Holdafst :-(

14. Deloria

Deloria Avatar

Aww thanks for all the comments on the Music :p It's actually stuff I did years ago with a good freind and it would be nice for it to find a home.

I kind of failed the Music submissions (IQ test) thing last year. There was an Excel sheet and some rocketsciency stuff and I kind of just backed out slowly from the room.
    I think some of the Music in R16 is rly great! I do hope that we get a chance to pour our stuff in as well eventually though - one of the attractive things from the kickstarter was that community can contribute content - I just hope it gets simpler next time :)

RDouglas, Devoid and Tahru like this.
  15. Deloria

Deloria Avatar

Umm you need to check Your math.

I am currently one "NPC lighthouse" over the limit. That's intentional.

I have 38 player slots: 24 row, 13 village and one town.
    I added an additional lighthouse early on because its kind of neccassary for the theme - the NPC store is "optional" if I'm not allowed to have both NPC buildings - but Im going to try and do my best to have both included.( i think the NPC building limit is a bit restrictive tbh and I'm hoping they loosen up a little).

Devoid and Tahru like this.
  16. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Tahru likes this.
  17. Devoid

Devoid Avatar

That's the right attitude Deloria! I'm sure those restrictions are rather arbitrary and will be reconsidered before the game goes live (if it ever goes live). There will be plenty of time for changes, both by yourself and by the developers.

18. Deloria

Deloria Avatar

Yeah I mean I dont mean to sound ungrateful. I will try my best to wait patiently and I am confident the devs will get around to improving everything like the feeling of real towns and the atmospheres in them. ☺

Jatvardur and RDouglas like this.
  19. Amethyst

Amethyst Avatar

I listened to your music and find you very talented. I hope I can listen to your music on Avatar's Radio when I am in my basement crafting. There is no background music so I always listen to Avatar's Radio. I don't want to have my crafting stations outside because it tends to slow down my graphics to a crawl; whereas the basement just has music, lights, crafting stations and me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.