SOTA Female character, the softer feminine side & more

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by majoria70, Oct 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

Chuckle! And your name is really Alejandro isn't it! ;)

Sorry, I was part of a playtesting group for my area's RPGA one evening and the GM of the session was feeling frisky because of the name of game, Flames of Ventnor. So when our characters met up with the NPC, Alejandro, that was to be our guide, the GM went into full over the top Rocky Horror. The poor writer was cringing through the whole evening and all the guys kept trying to hide their characters behind mine and the other lady's female characters. Nothing like imagining 4 strapping male adventurers cowering behind a female elf bard and a female gnome mage just because the guide might look their way. :rolleyes::D

Back to the topic!

I would love, love, love, love! to be able to do lots details on character creation! Including body details, facial details, hair details, and age. I also want both sensible day to day looking gear (I don't want to wear an evening gown to tan leather or gut wolves) and sexy/fancy stuff to go out on the town.
    I'm not asking for much.... just everything! :p

2. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

How about something like this? :)

[​IMG]

Budner, Albus, Gaelis and 7 others like this.
  3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I like her stern expression.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  4. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

Yummy!

I wouldn't wear it in a real fight, too many dangerous holes, but that would certainly look fabulous in a LARP.
    :)

Gaelis, Jivalax Azon and Net like this.
  5. Net

Net Avatar

It looks great for a tavern party, but seriously, in a fight you want to protect important organs such as heart.

6. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

We fight skeletons and elementals, some variety in armour and it not being completely realistic is not such an awful thing to have happen in a fantasy game.

cobran, Jivalax Azon, Net and 2 others like this.
  7. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

perfect armor
    (it must not allways female looking to be warn by a femal ;) )
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    Net likes this.
  8. Net

Net Avatar

I think the armor is realistic, but leaving vital organs unprotected should decrease defense values of such armour. People were using all kinds of impractical armour and weapon designs through the history.

I mean just because we have dragons does not mean that fire will not burn us. So skeletons do not make bare skin a reasonable protection. To be fair, ribcage offers some protection, but most weapons were designed to deal with it in one way or another.

I do not mind if people can do casual PvE in armours that do not offer optimal protection, I just want armours to provide realistic stats corresponding to their appereance. (And no, I do not think that jewel encrusted gold chainmail bikini should offer better protection than ordinary leather armour).

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I know many have strong opinions reguarding armor showing realistic. I am not one of them. I just like what I like, but I'm also not much of a pvper. Mostly we are looking at the softer side of females and getting our avatars updated, finsihed and ready for launch. This thread has some great pictures in it to give examples of all occasion wear for our females, but mostly I was trying to demonstrate looks that we like and to show examples to the Devs. So that's why I comment look at the face;)

So it isn't necessarily a debate on armor style. We have had those threads and the consensus was that SOTA 'armor' is not going to be like Tera armor. I really do not think it is or that there is a worry that it will be. I am for attractive females for us and lots of customization options to have our character look distinct. So much so that when we see each other we can say to ourselves oh there is Majoria for example. Also some don't want to play an attractive female or male in that case and our customization should allow for that also.;):)

10. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I really like the above example posted by Edward. It is very feminine and figure-enhancing, yet practical with soft boots and pants underneath. It gives me the overall impression of being rustic and gypsy-like. If something like this were available in the add-on store, I would consider purchasing it. It would be nice to have a fitting room in the store to try things on first. :)

11. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

I agree. I would purchase several :)

Lord Soliwilos and Kara Brae like this.
  12. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

That is a gorgeous design. I'd love to see some female leather armor in game like this.

I don't like the tiny piece of armor over one breast. It is pointless.

unicornslady likes this.
  13. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

I wondered for a moment about that too, but I kinda can see a use if it was fencer's armor. That would be the side that was presented forward.

But I think it is mostly just decorative. Like that humongous belt buckle.

That being said, it is still a lot more sensible armor than most for females in games and it happens to be stunning too!
    :cool:

(Psst! I think our cloth armor looks nice! I wish we had a style or color for each type of cloth though.)

enderandrew likes this.
  14. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    One quick question, the thread is titles "softer feminine side". I know everyone has been discussing armor, but how about dresses and party clothes? Could they be a little more forgiving and have something for all the different types of players?

15. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

Oh lord yes! :)

Stuff for slumming around in. Stuff to go to a meeting or teach in. Stuff to go out to a fancy event in. Stuff to be sexy in. I want it all!
    :D

16. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I think the player model assets are only available to Dev+ people right now, and I'm not sure if they're updated and both fully rigged. But I'd like to see them as a public release so maybe we can get in some of those amazing Skyrim modders who have already made tons of awesome dresses, outfits, robes, types of armor, etc. They'd need to modify their assets to fit the SotA player models. But it would bring in tons of amazing assets that are already largely designed and made today.

17. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Exactly!

majoria70 and unicornslady like this.
  18. Blaze Barkley (RedDeer)

Blaze Barkley (RedDeer) Avatar

Consider that the game is pre-alpha and the models and rigging is subject to change. We wouldn't want all the hard work done by modders go to trash when they change the model later :) Let's wait for the final character 3d models and rigging before making the clothes :D

Albus and Miracle Dragon like this.
  19. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

I think this is a nice one, and the model is even available, here:

[​IMG]

Lord Baldrith and majoria70 like this.
  20. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

I saw this article about the "Re-Imaginings of Iconic Video Games Characters with Realistic Proportions" and thought it would be an interesting read. It shows what female characters from modern day video games would look like if they had realistic proportions.

Enjoy.

Kara Brae likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.