SotAwiki Update Thread

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Hello, fellow Avatars!

As a staff member at SotAwiki, the Shroud of the Avatar Wiki Encyclopedia, I'd like to welcome all community members to visit the wiki and help us get in shape for release.

[​IMG]

You've all seen how many changes have been made with each release. This makes it incredibly difficult for our small group of dedicated editors to keep up. So we are asking for your help! If you know how to make edits to a wiki (and its not difficult to learn how), don't hesitate to join us! If not, don't worry, its still easy to get information fixed or added!

If you see something out of date, let us know! There are lots of options for how to do that:
    1. Post here! The wiki staff is watching this thread for reports of items that are missing or incorrect. If you report an item here, please include the in-game name of the item, and if possible include a screenshot.
    2. Add a note to the article! On any article, click the "Discussion" link at the top, and then click "Edit". This talk page is used to add notes about the article. Simply add a message with the change that needs to be made and include your name. If you've created an account, you can sign using four tildes (~~~~) which allows us to reply directly to you.
    3. Send us a message! Members of the wiki staff, such as myself, are also here on the forum. Feel free to send me a private message with the article that needs to be updated.
    Note that some changes may require us to do some investigation in the game, and we are a small group, so the update may not happen immediately. We will try to get to your request as quickly as possible. Items reported here will have a reply when they are addressed; issues reported on the Wiki talk pages will have responses added there; private messages will receive a reply as soon as the article is updated.

Additionally, we are looking for volunteers who are willing to help us verify information in the game, in order to get the items above addressed. As articles are found that require more information, they are tagged. To help, visit this list of articles needing verification. Click on an article, and find the Verification note, which will indicate what needs to be checked in the game. Once you locate the information needed, click the "Discussion" link at the top, and then click "Edit". On the talk page, add a note with the information you have verified and include your name. If you've created an account, you can sign using four tildes (~~~~). The change can then be made to the article itself; anyone who is willing is free to do so, otherwise a member of the wiki staff will get to it as soon as possible.

Thank you, Avatars, for helping us make our wiki the best source for information on Shroud of the Avatar!

2. Browncoat Jayson

The following are the current articles that are being worked on:
    • Updating recipes for Release 28
    • Updating vendor lists
    • Articles for new adventure scenes, including tier rating
    • Adding missing items
    • Identifying NPCs in each town
    • Player housing data
    Under construction

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  3. Browncoat Jayson

We can use editors to provide the following:
    • Merchant diving: One of the missing pieces is a list of what each merchant sells. Just having a verification of the merchant's name, where they are located, a list of each item they sell, and how many they have available. Currently, merchant prices don't vary (except in two cases that we are aware of), so we don't need to track prices yet.

Example: Sockeye Salmon (Ardoris): Bass (10), Bluefish (10), Redfish (10), Swirlfish (10)

• Verification of recipes: There have been a lot of recipes that have changed int he last few releases! If you see a recipe that is out of date, please let us know what the correct recipe is for Version 28!

[​IMG]

In the top right corner of the recipe is a Lastseen reference. This is the release that this recipe was last tested; if this is not R28, it has not yet been verified for this release. Please check it, and update it! Make sure to change the lastseen variable on the crafting box to "28" so everyone knows its up to date.

• Screenshots: To enhance the wiki, it is important to add screenshots where appropriate. There are a couple methods to create a screenshot. Regardless of the method, we recommend toggling off the UI by pressing "F9" before taking a screenshot.

Method 1: Print Screen
      You can use the inherrant 'Print Screen' key from your keyboard in most Windows systems which copies to memory 1 screen shot at a time. You can then open an application like Paint by going to your start menu in Windows systems and in the search for programs and files type "paint"

Open this application and press Control-V to paste your screenshot from memory into the application. From here you can crop your photo using the tools, you can use crop or select to single out the rectangular area of the photo you wish to include in your SotAwiki article.

Now save the file to some location on your hard drive with a meaningful name. Now upload your file, giving it again a meaningful name that you will remember, then follow the instructions here to add your uploaded file to the wiki page you are trying to enhance.

Method 2: Internal Screenshot
      When you have the screen shot lined up how you want press "F11" to autoamtically save the image to your hard drive. You will find the screenshots you have take in the base install directory for Shroud of the Avatar (i.e., "C:\Games\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\" for the standalone game, or "C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\SotA\" for a Steam install). Open the file using your favorite picture editing program, for example Paint that is included in windows. See method 1 for cropping saving and uploading to the wiki along with linking to the page the picture(s) are for.

• Under construction

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  4. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Hey guys,

I'm working on gathering materials right now so I can update some of the outdated or never verified recipes... there are a lot. If anyone has updated recipes it would help a LOT of people since the wiki provides an easy-to-use api that other sites utilize to update their recipes.

http://sotawiki.net/sota/SotAWiki:RecipeCheck

This is the long list of unverified recipes that I'll be working on and could use help with. Right below is a list of recipes that haven't been verified in R29. You can see, there are a lot. Thanks to any/all who help. If you don't know how to edit the wiki and have the recipe please reply here, use the discussion page on sotawiki, or inbox myself or @Browncoat Jayson ... thanks!

5. Crandall

Crandall Avatar

Two-handed Sword recipe calls for 1 chunk of coal, the game requires five.

6. Browncoat Jayson

Thanks! I've updated all of the Two-handed Sword recipes to show 5 coal.

Time Lord, Leelu, Ice Queen and 2 others like this.
  7. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

It appears that coordinates on the sotawiki novia map reflect differently than the /loc in game. Is there a map on sotawiki that has the X,Y coordinate markers that we can view for more accurate listings for the info boxes? Thanks in advance!

8. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Is this even still in game? Haven't seen any mention of where to get it since they put taming in the game.

Taming

• /tame

9. Browncoat Jayson

The map on SotAwiki is based on the official map, which is not entirely precise. We can look at alternatives.

That is actually the emote for taming, not the skill. It doesn't seem to be part of my list anymore, so it likely got put on an NPC to learn from. I'll try to locate where this is and get that noted on the wiki.

Thanks for the heads up!

10. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

Thanks! Is it acceptable if we modify the info box cords to be different than those stated on the right-menu/box for a Community Town article so the map marker more accurately reflects the in-game coordinates? Not sure what the standard is for the wiki.

11. Browncoat Jayson

It would be best to leave those so they match in-game, and we will try to make the mapping tool more precise. That way there won't be a need for you to adjust it yet again. @Fenyx4 wrote the map plugin, so he is looking at this now. Bear with us as we try to get this working.

12. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Thank you so much. This is so helpful.

13. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

With the new Sword of Midras book coming out, what are you going to do for the wiki page for Aren Bennis/Bendis? His name is changing in the new version of the book. You can have a redirect but I'm not sure if you want the main page to be Bennis or Bendis.

Time Lord, Browncoat Jayson and Leelu like this.
  14. Browncoat Jayson

At the moment, the only thing we have that says it is changing is the publisher's summary, which is not always accurate. If it does change, we will go with the published version. Unfortunately, not everyone has access to the pre-release PDF versions, so it would be confusing to use those as the primary source.

I know that the Blade of the Avatar page will need to go through a significant overhaul, since that is now the name of a series of books, not the singular novella we expected. I have a pre-order in for the new novel, so I'll get this done as soon as I can once it arrives.

Time Lord, Balandar and enderandrew like this.
  15. Qwark

Qwark Avatar

The recipe for wooden phonograph is incorrect. It says here 4 lute strings but the actual recipe calls for 8.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Browncoat Jayson

Updated! Thank you!

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

The Spoon of chaos page could use some updating :)
    there are 9 owners now :)

Net, Time Lord, By Tor and 2 others like this.
  18. Browncoat Jayson

I was not aware that it was a reward that could be bestowed (yet; I had thought it would be after persistence). Beside yourself, who are the other owners? When were they bestowed by our lovely High Priestess @Amber Raine?

Should the spoon then also be listed under the Awards category?

Time Lord and Selene like this.
  19. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

its a little tricky, it was an award for amber when she was given the onbe.

she was given 9 to hand out. so i dont think they are totaly a port given awards, but are very rare if not rarest item.

i will try get the names/dates of all owners. I know amber, darkstarr, LB, Kazyn, Jack knyfe, dinsoo, and i have one.

Time Lord and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  20. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Good Evening Friends,

I felt the tug upon my spirit to direct my attention over here and thought I should pop in on this.

To answer the question, I am uncertain if the spoon should be listed under the Awards category as say the Royal Warrant or ONBE/CNBE would be as they were not presented by Portalarium as the other pre-mentioned three were. However, they were indeed awarded to a few Avatars in ceremonious ways during a couple church services.

They were presented to these people for acts performed on the path of chaos as well as their work toward the church.

As it may or may not be known (depending if you have read my lore/backstory or not), in the dreams of the High Priestess' of times gone past, and recently with me. The spoon echoes to us the names of those it feels have served it and in turn our Liege Lord of Chaos , Darkstarr, well.

I shall state here for clarity, I am the first of the blood line who has had the names echoed to her of those outside of the bloodline of the First High Priestess.

These people are granted lesser powers of the spoon as well as the secrets that surround it.

Through these dreams, and the echo'ing torment piercing through my mind, over the past years, as their names were revealed. The following people have been ceremoniously declared bearers of the Chaos Spoon and part of its court.

1st recipient and *only* recipient of a spoon on both sides of the rift - @DarkStarr / Starr Long - June 2015 (although it took a year to get to him it was first awarded June 2015, and can be seen in the Spring Fling hang out video)
    2nd recipient - @Sindariya Tyelma of 4B
    3rd recipient - Kazyn Phoenixfyre (@WrathPhoenix ) of Pheonix Republic
    4th Recipient - @Spoon of Lux Sanctuary
    5th Recipient - @Katrina Bekers of Pax Et Veritas
    6th Recipient - @royalsexy of 4B
    7th Recipient - @Leostorm of Phoenix republic
    8th Recipient -@Dinsoo of Moongate Travellers
    9th Recipeint - @Jack Knyfe of Phoenix Republic
    10th Recipient - @Kacey Cupcakes

I will need to search back to the exact dates that the others received theirs (yes I have this logged in my files). Other then the ceremonious church service, there was never made a big deal publicly, as I never thought of them as anything more then an RP item (although they do mean the world to me and i take my RP and story line seriously), they remain unlike the ONBE, CNBE, Royal Warrant.

Leostorm, Dinsoo, Jack Knyfe, and Kacey Cupcakes were recent recipients this year. The others were revealed through out 2015.

((Edit Added: I also need to state, that there may or may not be a limit put on how many actually exist or ever will. So, although these current have been awarded, there is no saying that these are all that will ever exist or be awarded. In the famous words of our Liege Lord, "Don't Lawyer me bro". There is still a "possible" that the Chaos Spoon may echo names of others in the future.. there is a long future ahead of us, there is no saying what can happen... anything and everything is possible.))

Last edited: May 17, 2016