SotAwiki Update Thread

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 9, 2016.

1. BoldEagle

BoldEagle Avatar

Lot's of errors occurring on the page Crafted Longbow;;
    http://sotawiki.net/sota/Crafted_Longbow

Errors include;
    - Expression error: Unrecognized punctuation character "%". Expression error: Unrecognized punctuation character "%". Expression error: Unrecognized punctuation character "%".
    - Expression error: Unrecognized word "damage". Expression error: Unrecognized word "damage". Expression error: Unrecognized word "damage".

Mischievous Dragon likes this.
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Fixed; this was using the wrong template for some reason. Thanks for the heads up.

BoldEagle likes this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Thanks for the information! I've got this plugged in to the wiki now.

4. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the current recipes that use either are on the existing tree bark page, but specifiying maple or pine is probably better as those recipes DON'T take cinnamon or sooty bark.

6. Browncoat Jayson

I think we want however it is presented in-game. Since it actually specifies Maple or Pine, use that. I'll try to find where we actually used just Tree Bark, to see if it's consistent.

Jaesun and WeirDave like this.
  7. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

Thanks for cleaning up those tables... I couldn't figure out exactly how.

8. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

Okay I fixed the recipes based on what is current. I just don't know how to delete the "http://sotawiki.net/sota/Tree_Bark" page

9. Browncoat Jayson

I wouldn't, yet. We need to confirm everything is correctly referenced in-game. Did you verify the bread and canvas recipes? Also, instead of deleting it may need to become a reference article.

10. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

of course sir! I verified everything in game... that's how I create all my pages

Rentier likes this.
  11. Browncoat Jayson

Thanks! I've updated the reviewed date on those.

This was a good opportunity for me to dig into a change I've been wanting to make for a while. I've updated the Query Recipe template to accept multiple arguments. You can now specify up to three different items to query on, and it will combine the results into a single list. I've updated Tree Bark to be a generic page that uses the new query to create a list of all recipes using Maple Tree Bark, Pine Tree Bark, or the new Maple or Pine Bark ingredients.

Unfortunately, I can't add more than three arguments, so I can't easily do the same to other generic pages, like Wooden Pole or Metal Ore. There is a limit on the database for how many arguments it can be passed. Additionally, it can only check a single argument for tools. This is an additive query, so the more arguments you pass the more results you will get. However, this is a start, so if you see a use for it please feel free.

Rentier, Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
  12. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

Okay worked a bit on poisons and found some changes I am not sure how to implement. All poison potion now have a cooldown of 12 seconds

Rentier likes this.
  13. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

Okay so should we make a "See Also" on the http://sotawiki.net/sota/Maple_or_Pine_Bark page? Because if we are sticking to how a recipe is listed in the game that page needs to stay.

14. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

Got another dilemma. I'd like for the damage on poison to display in "red" I saw that already partially in existence and attempted to use that but it produced an error

15. Browncoat Jayson

The potions themselves have a cooldown, or the effect? If its the item, I'll need to add that to the Item Infobox as it doesn't exist currently.

If you want to cross reference them, sure. I'm not suggesting either get removed.

Red is shown when the effect is negative (for the caster). Is it showing red in-game?

This might be another thing I need to rewrite the templates for. Basically, add a flag to each effect so it can be positive or negative, and have it use that to determine if its green or red. There is not a good way to do this in-line.

Rentier likes this.
  16. Browncoat Jayson

Ah, nevermind. I see what was wrong. I've updated the "max" properties to be text instead of numbers, which resolved this issue. I also added a navbox for potions and stuck it on the http://sotawiki.net/sota/Poison_Potion,_Numbing for testing. That works better than a huge list of See Also's.

Rentier likes this.
  17. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

It is the first line in the tooltip above the type of damage it does. I believe it is the potions themselves.

Okay great. I will figure that out

It's not negative for the caster, so by that rule. They should remain as green text for all.

Rentier likes this.
  18. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

Okay I updated the rest to match I will work on the others for the red numbers. The hyphen in between the numbers is currently styled as green as well. Do we want those numbers to be green or red? I looked at it as red for damage green for health? What do you think

Rentier likes this.
  19. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Removed the outdated quests associated with Lord Enmar. He no longer requests sashes and corpse wax.

Can’t actually check the “throne” keyword as I have already finished that. I did leave that part there.

Also, I’m pretty sure the ore quest for Bentham was removed. Any one know for sure?

Copied the contents of Owl’s Nest to a new page Owl’s Nest Mine. Updated the Owl’s Nest page to show the current bestiary and resources and a link to the Owl’s Nest Mine.

Updated Blood River Forest bestiary.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    Rentier likes this.
  20. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

Hey how come "wolf Meat", "Oysters" and "Bear Meat" are listed as exotic meat?