SotAwiki Update Thread

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

Larawyn Skjaldmaer Avatar

Alright, that was exactly what I did for all other pages, and have added a new effect on the Gust page so it can be linked as so: https://sotawiki.net/sota/Gust#Effect

2. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

Larawyn Skjaldmaer Avatar

Sorry I have some other questions:

Is there any mechanical difference between Stun and Knock Down other than the animation of being thrown to the ground?

Is there any mechanical differences between Stun and Mesmerize? I currently have plans to list these two on separate pages, however I am not sure if they are actually different. Sheild Bash currently has a description of the effect as being Stun at the top of the page, and Mesmerize in the Effect. (Please note that I added the "/Stun" to the effects at the bottom since I can not add a link at the top.). https://sotawiki.net/sota/Shield_Bash

There is also a "charm" and "immobilize" description used on some of the ability pages. I need to know if those are in fact the same as one of the others, or a. new type of crowd control.

And finally please confirm that knock back and push back are the same. I assumed so and combined them.

Crowd Control Page in progress: https://sotawiki.net/sota/Crowd_Control

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

different types require different stats for the player to break out of. i THINK stuns and roots require str, mezzes require int, knockdowns/backs require dex. as well, when it comes to mobs, mezzes are broken if/when they take any damage.

4. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Thought this would be a good place to ask; what constitutes a "minor edit"? I figure things like fixing typos or formatting qualify, but what about updating an NPC price or a recipe's ingredients list?

5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Generally, a minor edit is just typos or corrections. Changing content, such as prices or ingredients, or adding additional information is not a minor edit. The idea is, if its not a minor edit then there should be a reason for the update and it should be notes when you save. I admit, I'm not the best at making sure that gets done, but it makes tracking changes easier.

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Bug Hunter

If you see something with outdated information, just feel free to update it. Or let us know and we can update it.

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.