SotAwiki Update Thread

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

The map is the official map, but the in-game coordinates don't work with it perfectly. I'm hoping we can move to a more accurate map soon, but waiting on someone with more technical know-how than me.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. ACryInShame

ACryInShame Avatar

No need to add that flag. Anything that is re-teachable (not "teachable" but "re-teachable") are discoverable that's y i asked that to be added in an earlier post

Edit: updated that info on the Re-Teachable page

Edit 2: would be nice if after a recipe is tagged as teachable, Re-teachable or not teachable that it could be easily sorted on the respective skill page (such ad the textiles page) as the other stats are

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    Time Lord and Mishikal like this.
  3. ACryInShame

ACryInShame Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Browncoat Jayson

I've created a template for this and added it to the Teachable and Re-Teachable pages. As recipes are edited, these lists will automatically populate.

I don't think there is a mark for deletion option, but you can use {{Verify|Delete page as it is a duplicate of [[PageName]].}} and we can review it.

Since there are pages that still pointed to the singular Strap page, I made it a redirect to the multiple Straps one. That should help, but eventually there should be a pass done to look for pages using the wrong name.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Browncoat Jayson

I've updated the Infobox Item code, so you can add a |sell price=4 to set the default vendor price. If this is not set, it defaults to the |value times two. I've added it to the Bucket of Water page, but notice it doesn't actually appear on that page (the actual value to merchants of 0 does).

The only place this is currently used is for setting up merchants. Use {{Vendorbox Query|name=Bucket of Water|quantity=10}} and it will fill in the default of 4 gold. However, it also sets the queryable value of Has sale value, which we can utilize as needed.

6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson I think it would be useful to have a resource node table, similar to how there are creature tables. I.e., we should be able to specify that a zone has copper nodes, granite nodes, maple nodes, cotton nodes, etc. As these nodes can drop more than just one type of resource (bark, pecans, mushrooms, beetle carapaces, tungsten, tin, etc). Right now, the current method of just doing direct links to Copper Ore, etc, is not as useful/informative in comparison to what is done with the creatures tables (Essentially treating NPCs as a type of resource node). It would also be useful to be able to list the crafting XP gain for the node types as well. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  7. ACryInShame

ACryInShame Avatar

Ok so I am getting a Malware warning when editing some of the Wiki pages.
    I agree on this. I haven't checked out that part of the Wiki yet (spending all my time on skills and recipe updates at the moment) but sounds like a solid idea

Time Lord likes this.
  8. ACryInShame

ACryInShame Avatar

I love it! Only thing i request now is that we can sort this list by what skill the recipe is for so if i want to get all the blacksmithing re-teachables for instance.

9. Browncoat Jayson

There are. See West Perennial Trail for an example.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Browncoat Jayson

I'll see what I can do, but probably wont be until next week.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Perfect! I was trying to find a good example, but clearly looked at all the wrong places (I was mainly trying the various mines. ;) ). I will see if I can do a pass through and update a bunch of the scenes with this format.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Browncoat Jayson

Changes to other pages require a database rebuild, which happens overnight. It should show fine in the morning.

If you wanted to force the refresh for the Scene Difficulty page, just edit it, preview it to see the change, and save it. It wont register as a change, as nothing on the page itself was modified, but the data will be regenerated for it.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Ok, good to know. I did the update yesterday afternoon, so I would have thought it should have shown up today?

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Browncoat Jayson

I'd have thought so too. It does show on the Scene Difficulty/Tier 5 page, which uses the same code. So... yeah. I'll toss a note to one of the tech guys.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. ACryInShame

ACryInShame Avatar

When it comes to gathering Node. They shouldn't say "0-1" as you can never, NOT gather some items. Like you will always get at least 1 gold from a gold vein. other items like mushrooms, nickel it makes sense but not iron, gold, cotton Ect..

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I'm not even sure it makes sense to describe them with a number range, as I am not aware that they have any plans to make different areas drop more or less on average from the same node type, just rare drops being less rare with higher tier nodes. Also, currently nightshade and black pearl drop exactly one per harvest during game daytime hours, but are uncapped during night hours, regardless of where they are harvested.

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Meticulous affects the number of resources you gather as well, so there is a range. I.e., I might get 4-5 wood or cotton, if I get meticulous 4x or 5x. It'd be nice to be able to specify a minimum for some things where the guarantee is at least 1 (1-16 nightshade, etc). For example, I got 2 batches of 8 nightshade at night due to a meticulous.

I tried setting 1-8 on an item, and it came out as 0-1-8. :/

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    Time Lord likes this.
  19. ACryInShame

ACryInShame Avatar

I got the same result

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Browncoat Jayson

I would assume the range would be without meticulous. For some things, a range starting with zero makes sense; you might get granite from a iron node, but it's not guaranteed. I'll look at the code after I get back from California and make sure the minimum works so you can enter a range of 1-16, for example. I'll also look at adding conditional results (at night, for example).