SotAwiki Update Thread

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 9, 2016.

1. ACryInShame

ACryInShame Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Meticulous just works like another try, you don't count it as being part of the number you get from the first try.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

We can change how it displays, but the back end still needs a standard unit of measure. Editor's would need to enter it in seconds, but it would display in hours, minutes, and seconds. This allows sorting and comparison within queries.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. ACryInShame

ACryInShame Avatar

That's fine with me :)

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yeah, if you get a critical, it does different things as well. Unfortunately, meticulous does not seem to apply to anything other than the primary item for a harvest. I filed a bug about that, but never heard anything more on it. :/

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Is there a way to track crafting XP for NPCs? For example, if I skin a wolf, I get crafting XP. It also should track as applying to skinning as a skill, like in the resource section.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Browncoat Jayson

You get crafting xp for gathering based on the tier of scene that it is in, so all nodes in the scene will give you the same amount of xp on success. I forget the exact values.

From what I understand, application of XP to a skill is based on ~1% of your total available crafting xp pool, scaled slightly by the level of the skill, and if you have any bonuses (like a Grandmaster nearby in your group).

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

That really has nothing to do with what I'm asking. And what you stated is incorrect, at least in the way that I read it. For example, in Elysium mines, while silver nodes give 500 XP, the various crystal nodes only give 100 something XP. So all nodes of the same type give the same XP, but all resources nodes not provide the same XP as any other type of resource.

But what I'm talking about is the resource tables for the scenes. You can track resources such as copper, etc, and the value you get from mining them as crafting XP. But what you can't do, is track the crafting XP you get from skinning a rabbit or a wolf, etc. Just the adventuring XP. So I'm asking for a way to track the crafting XP values in the Bestiary block that you get from skinning. Unless we should be adding that as a separate item to the Resource table.

http://sotawiki.net/sota/Sequanna_Colossus

Time Lord likes this.
  9. ACryInShame

ACryInShame Avatar

I think it should be added to the Bestiary or have it's own separate table as it's not a "resource node"

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yeah, I think so too. I think there just needs to be the ability to list it in the Bestiary table with a crafting xp= setting or similar. It would actually be nice to differentiate that across the board (crafting vs adventuring xp)

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Browncoat Jayson

You can do this using the Move function. I've just done that to rename the article, and left a redirect from the old name.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

In fact, I think all the tables should be indicating the *type* of XP gained, since there are two separate kinds. So rather than showing just "XP" at the top of the table, it would indicate either "Adventuring XP" or "Crafting XP"

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Browncoat Jayson

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Browncoat Jayson

I did add "Adv Exp" and "Craft Exp" to the Bestiary and Resource tables, instead of just "Exp".

Its not really a Bestiary entry; once the creature dies, the body *is* a node. The only difference is how it spawns (killing a creature instead of randomly spawning to a predesignated location). You get Crafting XP for skinning them just like for mining.

Since the xp is node-based, I assume this means potentially you could get different amounts of xp for different corpses. I guess there is two ways we could do this. I think we should add each creature's body to the Resource list, and move their "loot" to that section (which, while redundant, is probably the most accurate).

I've updated West Perennial Trail as a test to see what this would look like. Let me know what you think.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Unfortunately, I think it's likely to confuse people. In particular, because NPCs like the Bandit, Thug, etc, will have loot in the loot table, and in general I don't think humans in general "see" wolf corpses, etc, as something separate from the wolf itself, even if that is how the game portrays it. To make this consistent, you'd need to remove "loot" entirely from the NPC section, and add the Bandit Corpse, Thug Corpse, etc as nodes into the resource table, and any loot they have there. Visually, I think it'd make more sense to just have the current Bestiary table add a column for crafting XP and a column for the relevant skill if there is one, and leave all NPC loot together in that section.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Browncoat Jayson

I dont see that either way will avoid confusion. Putting crafting xp is the bestiary table is misleading, because you don't get crafting xp for defeating opponents which is what everything else in that table shows. Not to mention, that table is already fairly large, so adding extra columns (and coding behind the scenes to make the experience numbers actually usable) isn't going to make it simpler to look at.

Players may not immediately recognize the difference between "looting" and "field dressing", but it becomes pretty apparent once they start looking at skills. The delay to "looting" while field dressing should give them a big clue.

I'll discuss this with some of the other admins to see how we want to proceed, but I'm going to opt for "less coding", at least for now.

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

yeah, there's no great answer. For mobs that can be skinned, perhaps a way to mark it so their "loot" column is marked out or something, so people don't try to populate it. Or perhaps an anchor to the relevant resource node.

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Browncoat Jayson

I'll look into that. That might be possible, depending on how much javascript is involved.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. ACryInShame

ACryInShame Avatar

Is there a way to do a query on loot tables/resource nodes? Would be nice to know where to get certain items like Emeralds

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

It would be really handy for recipes if we could add information on what vendor(s) they can be obtained from (I.e., link to the vendor). Hopefully the vendor(s) will already be in the sotawiki. ;)

Time Lord likes this.