The Avatars of SOTA for launch

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by majoria70, Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Welcome to the community!

The male avatar body just got an overhaul. The female avatar body is next, and then faces and hair.

2. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

Well said Jack.

Hornpipe, Mata and Time Lord like this.
  3. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

How about some BIG MAMA badass chicks too. Some of us like all that extra nasty!

4. enderandrew

We're not getting different body types in Episode 1 because it takes a lot of effort to make sure it works with all the armor, clothes, etc. without clipping or issues. Perhaps in Episode 2.

5. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

am I the only one that has grown tired of the anime/final fantasy pho westerner look? I mean really, learn how to draw some european features already .....

6. Selene

Selene Avatar

I think the limited customization for avatars might be a big turn off for incoming players. It was one thing when the game was "pre-alpha" and super early in design, and every three months we would be "different" anyway. But if we're going to have "the end of wipes", we really need to be able to identify with the avatar will be playing with from here on out... or at least be able to identify them out of a line up of other players! (Y'know.. since we all look the same). I know body mods are difficult, with all the rigging and movements.. so putting that off makes sense... But faces and hairstyles REALLY need to be polished if the devs want people to identify with and be attached to their avatars long term. I am hoping the polish pass they are working on right now with the facial design sliders will make differentiating our characters much easier. If not, I certainly hope it's on the short list!!!

7. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

[​IMG]

8. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

i do so want the option of pink hair!!
    or purple
    or peacock green
    or royal blue!

yes, please!!

9. Skizz

Skizz Avatar

Personally I don't like neon colors in a "realistic" fantasy game beyond the bright colors that nature gives. Some plants, animals and phenomena such as aurora borealis etc. Also I don't like the disproportionate bodies & unrealistic armor... But it's just my opinion.

[​IMG]

10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Oh' Majoria, I'm so sorry, I though you said Avatars for Lunch!" :confused:
    Please forgive my dyslexia, for or a moment there I though my dear friend @majoria70 :eek: "had started a cannibals thread!"

It all looks lovely my friends and though I do enjoy seeing some flashy sexually attractive forms of dress within our game, I would however dislike to see too much as if our fem chrs would be more suited for pole dancing rather than adventuring.
    To me, I'd like to keep it real 90%, yet have some smashing in town non-combat designs for city wear and parties :)

Cannibals can also mean eating something with the eyes ;)
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

11. enderandrew

SotA has avoided the bikini chainmail approach.

12. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome cendres13!

13. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

I like the first,second and third the most.. :)

majoria70 and Time Lord like this.
  14. Elwe Thor

Elwe Thor Avatar

I definitely agree.

Maybe, for bare marketing purposes, eastern players might have the choice to use animes... offline.

Looking forward to playable elves, as they (we) 're part of european traditions as well.

15. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Do we have confirmation that facial slider customization will be revisited before launch of Episode 1? Trying to find it... I just recreated a character last night, and with the removal of ears, and the rebuild of the sculpt of the male avatar its almost like the sliders no longer affect anything at all. :-/

16. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

Good luck waiting for your treehuggers.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=40715

Them pointy ears havent made it in the stretchgoal....so...no elves for you Sir. Maybe in later releases...never say never.

EDIT: And...imho...SotA needs Dwarfs. Good, drunken Dwarfs. Elves are cheaper by the dozen and you just need to hit the next tree to see them fall. But dwarfs...they craft, carry tons of gold, they have honor and love spending a good night by the hearth...those are made for SotA.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    Time Lord likes this.
  17. Elwe Thor

Elwe Thor Avatar

It's your opinion, Sir, I respect it as, I hope, you respect mine: I'm sure we're not going to see elves in the very first time after release but, I bet, races are part of this game's core (don't forget Ultima) and legendary races, like elves, dwarves and so on, are too.

After all, I'll prefer having to fight dwarves ingame, if I'll have to (who really knows? maybe we elves and the dwarves will be allies this time ;)), instead of having to do PvF here: the dev team will see if "having elves" (or "dwarves", etc.) will bring more interest (so more money) in the game. My opinion is affirmative, but I'm looking to the average/long terms.

For the moment all my characters will be "short and thin as a sindar" and, doing roleplay, will greet everyone with "mae govannen" and farewell with "naàmarie"... whatever anyone may think, or know, about that (at least I'm not using vulcanian or romulan, right? ;)).
    The fact I'll have no pointy ears is a little detail as I'm elf inside, no need pointy ears to play like an elf... no need pointy ears to hit someone in the forefront with my bow if he'll show no respect to me... and my (for the moment virtual) race.
    Everyone is free to think I'm crazy, and I'll encourage all to think that way... but not to say that to me.

Naàmarie

18. Elwe Thor

Elwe Thor Avatar

Agree.
    And agree to the 3rd image, even if she seems a little thin to wear that armor: I see her more confortable in leathers.

Hornpipe and Time Lord like this.
  19. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

uhh..you can play whatever you like. Until you meet me in game that is. While I am a roleplayer, I got enough respect to SotA and to the NEW world they create to not bring my imagination from other games here. Thats honestly pretty...well. "I play my own game, no matter what you decide". You have people here doing their possible to create own, new stories...maybe have a look at those before you keep playing/walking the same path over and over.

Again...do what you like. But this is a new world that needs to be seen with fresh eyes and it brings its own merits.

And I will not play along your elven storie...until they are implemented in SotA that is. The game we are here for.

imho.

Hornpipe and Time Lord like this.
  20. Elwe Thor

Elwe Thor Avatar

Well... have to say you're right: even if my mind is forever with elves, I've to recognize that they (we :D) are not (yet :p) here... and your advice to "play with the things which are in the game" is wise, I've to admit.
    All apart: my "elf", at the moment, is just a character like many others, maybe a little shorter than the average one (we sindar usually are) and tries all the time to greet and say goodbye to NPCs in sindarin... only to receive a standard "I don't understand what you are saying". :D

Have to say, mostly for your leisure, I've "invented" a way which permits me to speak a nearly-sindarin:
    - saying "mae govannen" to every NPC I select will start a dialog anyway (even if they usually tells me they don't understand, lol)
    - and just saying "naàmarie { farewell }" is understandable enough for the average NPC. :D:cool:;)
    But ok, that's the maximum I permit to myself at the moment: a real elven behavior must be built with other elves around... and there is no one. :(

Fare thee well... *cough* *cough* naàmarie! :D

Edit

re-reading my own post I noticed it can seem that I've been unnecessarily rude... which it wasn't: ok, when I read "treehuggers" I've not been that pleased, but I took it as a joke, even if a little rude one (but I'm usually not scared by rude jokes ;)), so I answered at the same manners... but, maybe, a little too rude than I thought to be, so sorry me if you felt that way.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.