The focus around so much new store content

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doomballs, Nov 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

That's a matter of opinion and older doesn't give special rights here ;). Many of us have or know people who have left for one reason or the other. Many come back to check in later and others who knows. I've been here since 2013 and have seen many changes and we will see many more before this game is done. So hang out with us or come back. I am Majoria in the game and I am always willing to help if I can. :)

2. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Wait, wait, are you insinuating that you can never be wrong because you are "older" ?

Ah ah. Please, more if this, continue to expose the size of your ego. It's distractive, if not constructive.

The show must go on.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  3. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

I am SO not eating at your house lol

4. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

He got over 13 likes. Looks like frustration is growing.

I think the delivering of the Solo Game is the "live nerve" of the Game future.

Looking forward to see how they will deliver and if it will meet the "promise" they made.

5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Well.. I've been tricked.. I clicked like solely because of his avatar profile image.

Solazur likes this.
  6. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Agreed. I backed the kickstarter on day 1 (or maybe it was day 2 or 3, i can't remember) for the promise of a story even more compelling than Ultimas IV-VII... a virtual world more interactive than Ultima VII... deep rich multi-player capabilities beyond combat akin to Ultima Online, and ... a bold new approach to integrate them with “Selective Multi-Player”.

Unfortunately, at this point, we are very far removed from that promise. Currently, 3 1/2 years into development (and two full years after the initial episode 1 release date) what we have is: a laggy MMO with a cumbersome UI; clunky combat; tedious crafting; an overwhelming amount of ingame items for sale for real world money; lackluster cookie cutter quests; and a dwindling population.

So far, these are not the droids I was looking for.

I keep coming to these forums because I refuse to accept that it won't get better... but I keep waiting for validation that is looking more elusive every release.

Sir_Hemlock, Kirran, Kaisa and 5 others like this.
  7. Doomballs

Doomballs Avatar

Case and point. I'm all for SotA, but at this point something has to be said, or done. Or why bother.

Edit* Looks like they removed my avatar. That's sad really, how immature does one have to be for my avatar to offend you... :mad:
    Edit2* Nvm almost forgot this is the internet and everything offends every one. :mad:

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  8. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

This is not an endorsement of the content of your thread, only an endorsement of your avatar. +1 to petition bringing back the cat with the tail between it's legs. :)

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

one million was to kickstart Myrcello, no way could that make a game nowadays silly. ;), especially this game ;) I do hope you are doing well btw. :) And yes we need the cash shop even though some don't like it, it is a necessary evil for some. I don't mind it because I know it gets the game made, which is all important. ;). Now We have a beautiful game missing its fiber to connect it all. We could have had a less graphically intense game more cheaper graphically that is with the fiber and all, but since we did not go this route we have beautiful missing pieces to connect the dots. ;).

We have some of the best emotes, beautiful textures on armor, weather, awesome effects and all of that is expensive. If you've seen the 1-4 man band, flaming bagpipes, haunted mansion, juggling, it is all wow, wow, wow and so well done. The emote Aeroplane is so very awesome, the pipe smoking, the umbrella, fan, and juggle zombie heads and knives oh my.

All truly fantastic stuff our devs have done and expensive. What I want to see come in before release is this: We do something for a reason. If you fish up something strange it causes something to happen for your character for the progression of the game, it lets you know journally that something has happened to follow up, like try talking to people in owls head about this, or a hint hint. We need a way to mark the map and we need maps that are markable and notepads for ourselves again as a tab,like while out adventuring we find something and lets us know we need to talk to someone in ardoris or who knows where even.

We need to get an in-game note pad to make notes, achievements, many rewards for doing things, not necessarily about the amount but the satisfaction of achieving, bulletin boards with work orders to give people goals who want them, wanted posters, lots and lots of side quests, things that say 'why am I spending time gathering , why am I spending time doing combat, why am I spending time crafting, tada and you know or progress, lots of humor included, we are really serious sometimes.

I know some are doing things just because they want to, but the missing is in the game connecting why we are doing these things, and that we are even doing these things. Details and comments through out the game, little chimes that say hey you did this or 'heads up 'you need to do this or sometimes fireworks or journal entries that are find-able and listed. I need to see my tasks or hints of tasks or something, not hand holding, just information of progress and hint hint you still have things to do in regards to that issue like that type of a hint Perhaps time is running out for you to do that task and it now says 'failed' ;). Punish us sometimes, make us want to do things to get better at things, to accomplish things, we need these types of thing in the game to have a game and they can be a little vague, we are not stupid, well on most days, we are gamers ;). I want to find a gem or relic or cursed item and have something happen like tada music or something and my journal updates or gets added to.

Now much of this is hopefully coming since we are at the building the world and getting systems in stage at this point, but the details that come after that are crucial to the game. The story is the story and it is not all the game experience for many players. @DarkStarr @Lord British2, @Lum the Mad @Chris , @Berek @Attenwood and all devs, please don't forget in the process of all your hard work to add the details. It is truly appreciated. My suggestions are hurried down and hopefully make sense, but they are from experience of playing games, many, many games for many years and because I love this game and believe in this game. :)

PS edited and lol not all at you Myrcello ;). I just happened to quote you lol *cheers* ;) Not disagreeing with you Myrcello btw. ;)

edited to make sense

10. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

I think you have unintentionally underlined the source of angst.

11. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Its a weird one for sure......Not just this thread but the ones who leave to never return...but they do! Constantly......

I can imagine some of your poor ex's....

HerOrHim: Listen 'back again' , you left , told me you hated me, told me i was useless. Why are you phoning again?

backAgain: I've been looking at the garden and i see you have planted some roses down by the hedge

HerOrHim: Yes, what about it?

backAgain: I don't think they look good there, i prefer them out by the side by the back door

HerOrHim: This sounds similar to when you insisted i repaint the house back to green, after i had whitewashed it.

backAgain: Well i preferred it green.

HerOrHim: Did you now....

backAgain: And our windows need a clean, i cant see in very well anymore

HerOrHim: They not OUR windows, they are my windows since i bought you out of the property. I said it last time and ill say it this time, you need to stop this fixation, its over, you left, get yourself a new victi....partner....PLEASE

backAgain: Ok I'm going, i hate you never liked you or the house anyway...

2 months later.......

backAgain: Ring...Ring....Ring....

12. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

LOL! And this is why friends don't let friends drunk forum post. 8^p

lollie, majoria70 and Bow Vale like this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol well yes true for now in many ways and in other ways not, but it doesn't have to be the end all to this game and I don't believe it is either. So lets hire more people if we need and get the 'what makes it a game stuff ' into the game, and yes it happens to be that a beautiful game is being built, but we cannot forget to add it all in, not just items. ;)

I believe we can still have it all, that is the thing. We just have to rally for it, not focus on negatives.

I say get our butts busy and stop complaining with out giving constructive feedback, the kind of feedback that will make this a great game. This is the very time time to do this, right this minute.

Many of us have done it for years and perhaps lost our way thinking it won't get done and some losing faith, like I've tried before and it didn't happen. OMG you poor little things, ok well try again.

The time was not right for some things at those moments, but hey the time is right now . Can't you feel it? ;)

edited

14. psteg

psteg Avatar

I fully agree

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Lol I love it. The deep dark corners of watching a game in development, or hmmm relationships? It could be both lol j/k ;)

Moiseyev Trueden and Bow Vale like this.
  16. Morreion

Morreion Avatar

World Toilet Day celebration, and I'm in Multiplayer watching the 3 others also there.

Wish I could say it was fun.

Enjoy, everyone.

17. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Well stop watching people while they are on the toilet! 8^p

18. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

You know, I was in Ferrig's (or Derrig's) camp yesterday and it was a smaller scene but looked nice. I walked into the camp, clicked on a guard, and he told me to go see the "boss" (Ferrig/Derrig). I went, and had a chat with the boss (he doesn't like to talk about personal affairs). Ean (or whatever), his right-hand, even told me to talk to him about "help"ing. "Help", I say to the boss. No response.

Your words about connecting the fiber of the game got me to thinking of that.

And this is what I am hoping RG was referring to when he posted to Vagabond_Sam's (or whomever) and said something to the effect of that the foundations were made, and in place, but that there was that 20% that was left to be done.

I hope that 20% is the fiber, because, yeah, it'd be great to be able to adventure around the world.

This is that 20%, to me, that is missing: adventure. And that's all that matters in playing games. I have a job already. ;)

Moiseyev Trueden and majoria70 like this.
  19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I also hope that it is more than 20% because there is no rhyme or reason for anything at this moment, well in my opinion. Getting quest lines in, items and world do not make a game, well not this game. That is not a criticism of the game, just my opinion that the foundation coming in is great, and then we need reasons for doing things, punishments, rewards, and achievements. Journals that work and so much more. I know I know I'm repeating like a broken record but only because it is important to not add in a world that is an empty shell, where choices aren't given, and where if given choices that they do matter and that our character and the NPC's in the game know what's going on as well as the oracle knowing it. Btw welcome To Shrouds if I haven't said that to you before :)

20. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I've edited the thread's title to make it more to the point of your post, so we don't get derailments of this thread and it ends up going down a rabbit hole of complaints and generalized concerns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.