There is no Pk in SotA, only Consentual Virtuous/Antivirtuous

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Sold and gone, Jun 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

perhaps just disable the Z-comand to get in combat.

2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

It was a dig at me, he doesn't understand how to level so he accuses everybody of exploiting heh. Here is a clue for those shrouded in confusion..
    [​IMG]

Katrina Bekers and Atogrim like this.
  3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

*gasp* Themo!
    You evil fiend! I am.... Shocked!

And I thought we are here to exploit the sh... Out of this game and bend the engine until it breaks.
    Isn't that what an alpha is there for so the devs can fix it ;-)?

4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Hello all! Well first of all im glad to finally be back after 3 months of time out! (The crime definitely didn't fit the punishment! As some people know, that are in this thread!) but none the less i am back :) I hear it the sighs and oh nos hes back! Thanks it means a lot to me that you have not forgotten me!
    So here's my input (its just as important as everyone elses!)

I have read the entire post so im caught up on these discussions (nothing has changed, the same people here, everything is exactly the same)
    First of all there are those out there that wish to participate in PVP under "their" rules! So please step aside! You do not make the rules for PVP! When you do ,then you will have a say on how it goes! I deal with the rules that are there. Since i too dont make the rules of it. i do however play the way the rules are set for now (flagged PVP? i can attack you at any time or be attacked!, in PVP zone? i can attack you any time, or be attacked) Those are the mechanics that are set for now)

Being flagged PVP is a choice YOU yourself make! (Some people make bad choices!) expected by real NEW people to PVP, but NOT expected by those that claim they PVP or have knowledge of how it goes! At any moment in the game YOU can take off that flag if it becomes too hard on you! But it is a personal choice YOU make either way! There are griefers on both sides as discussed earlier, the ones NOT PVP flagged that take your kills taking your experience (GRIEFERS) and then there are those that are flagged PVP and spawn kill you over and over, kill you at crafting stations etc... (GRIEFERS) PVP greifers and PVE greifers!

here's a definition to help you understand better.

grief·er
    ˈɡrēfə/
    noun
    informal
    noun: griefer; plural noun: griefers
    1. (in an online game or community) a person who harasses or deliberately provokes other players or members in order to spoil their enjoyment.
    So now that we cleared that up, we know that griefers come in PVE as well as PVP.

Top Definition

PK
    Means "Player Kill" Which is used most often for online games such as MMORPG's.
    "Im gonna pk you if you attack me"
    What is PK?
    PK is "Player Kill (MMORPG)"

So basically if you PVP and kill someone then you are a PKr

Those are 2 different things! This is what people need to understand. If you are in PVP you can be PKd, if it happens over and over you have just been greifed by a PVP, Since in PVE you cannot kill another player! If you dont like being killed then you should not flag PVP or be in a PVP zone! The rules do not cater to each person individually! It is a set mechanic designed by Devs in any game! There is no discussion there! Focus your anger on PVP to them, they are in control of what happens and what does not, not you and not I!

If i Pk you over and over and over after you res, then i will be grieving you! That's like "grief in the first degree", doesn't matter how you feel about it, you are flagged, and the Devs designed the game in a way that i can do that to you! Go complain to them and see how far you get! There is NO reason a public event should be held in a PVP zone! You can demonstrate how PVP works by having more than one instructor that has requested a DUEL with another student, in a PVE area! (yes i have been out but i still know whats been going on and i do not agree with the way it was handled!) If you do not want to be killed there are 2 things you can do, 1. Not flag PVP, and 2. Dont go into PVP zones! That just solved all your problems!

If you are new to the game and want to experience open PVP, being killed is part of the experience, do not cheat the new people out of learning what PVP is all about by not telling them there is a chance you can be killed here! For whatever reason there is a good chance they will be! If they cannot handle that, then they have learned an important lesson PVP is not for them! If your training a new person in PVP make sure they are at a level where the chance for survivability is decent at least enough to get out of that area or away from that particular attack. Dont flag OPEN PVP if you cant accept OPEN PVP! There are bad guys out there that will take advantage of you when you least expect it with a target above your head that says "PVP"!

Also understand that not all open PVP people will actually do that, i dont condone the evil ways of some, but i except it! It is all part of being flagged PVP. If i dont want to be disturbed when crafting or skill training at a skill trainer, i either take off my flag while doing those things or i go to single player and do it! It is frustrating when your trying to do something and your constantly attacked, its happened to me and its happened to a lot of others!

Heres some tips if you are going to keep your flag on while doing things other than PVP with your flag on, have someone stand guard (your buddy), if at trainer train your combat skills first, save it reopen the skill tab and continue with other skills, I know for a fact that works since i was attacked at the trainer, and killed my attacker! He was surprised and i was like oh well, welcome to PVP bro!

Please have events in PVE areas, unless the event is a PVP type match! If it is then have a team of guards on duty to deal with those that wish to interrupt it! If your guards get killed then i would turn the match into a BOUNTY event! Offer rewards or titles to those that kill them off! :) Last but not least if in a PVP area understand there is a chance you can be attacked and killed! Its just part of the PVP world!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  5. Xail

Xail Avatar

I would change the title from "There is no Pk in SotA...." to "There is no PVP in SotA, only some rare consensual duels"...just to be more specific...

blaquerogue likes this.
  6. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

The PVP is there.

Sure, if someone signs up for a huge, fun event like the War of the Five Armies, and then doesn't show up, he's free to think there's no PVP.

Arianna, Gaelis and Bambino like this.
  7. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Right now We don't Have PK's under the normal definition a couple try but are most often over run very quickly ... Later after release when its not the same people helping one another out to help test or keep moral up . we will have a influx of people joining at a much faster rate and You will see Pk'ing will be a useful term.

yes all of us that are flagged for pvp can attack another . I don't get on to see who I can attack .. I do get on to see if I have to defend myself ...... but at this stage of development its not to often you have to look over your shoulder ..

When the flood gates open you will have , The person that Stands next to you for an hour fighting and shooting the *(&^( and all of the sudden they appear to snap and try to kill you ... PK .. You will be fighting mobs that someone else wants to fight and they will kill you to take over the spawn ..... PK ... Joining One of Our guild events someone will attack or disrupt an event and try to kill someone .. PK ....... Contestants at Our guild events are not PK's ......... In SoTA I am not a PK,,, but I am not above PKing a Jerk that is being disruptive or I find to be disorderly ..... Live or Die I would try ....... I don't think of myself as being a jerk but I'm no Sheep either. People Have to stop trying to Make sense or give a 100% definition to the term PK .. it to situational to be undisputedly defined.. But To me Its not Player Vs Player ..

Lor

Duke Gréagóir and Themo Lock like this.
  8. Xail

Xail Avatar

First I never signed up...
    Second an event once a month in order to PVP just show what I was talking about...there is no PVP...

9. Xail

Xail Avatar

I don't blame nobody sorry to disappoint you...

And of course making the example of a tournament that happen less than once a month to make the point the PVP is not death in SotA just show the opposite...

10. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Obviously there is some confrontation going on here :(. Playstyles aside and emotional feelings aside about how we pvp, maybe we might consider realizing that testing is not for everyone. PvP is not going to be popular right now because the game is working on implementing skills and is not balanced what so ever. I think many people are waiting because there are so many exploits and dont want to deal with it. Some people only want to pvp and focus only on that. In an unfinished product and a testing period one might get bored with combat. Also there are no consequences for pvp actions right now and no protections like guards. People that understand these things understand why combat is slow right now for pvp.

11. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

It's true there is PvP......however outside of an "event" it tends to be lacking.............I know a lot of the PvPers I know are not actually interested in events.......different community entirely.

12. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

I've experienced a type of griefing in this game that I never thought was possible. There is a set hierarchy that if you do not abide by their opinion of what SotA should be, they grief you. Its a different type of grief that is harder to track. It's small slights at every turn and they add up. Some lose their cool, go overboard, and get banned. I think what we have to realize is when you have a large group of people trying to give input on what this game should be, you are not always right. A little bit of understanding what the other guy or gal wants SotA to be would go a long way and is healthy. Less arguing, more discussion.

13. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    There is no way to put PvP in a bottle really. There are so many different personalities and play styles that you cannot expect everyone to be happy with everything. For many people organized fighting events like brawls and gladiator wars are fine. They are a form of pvp. Some people like structure that way. For me, I tend to agree with Xail that those events do get boring for me. There is no element of surprise, there is no way to play a stealth character. Right now there is not even a way to know if you are fighting a person close to your level. Of course that might be fixed (hopefully) in order to make things more fair and honest for everyone. Again, Just because I do not care for that playstyle does not represent many people. There are tons of people that like that stuff. We have to realize though that there are more people out there. There are many people that like me are waiting for people to flag while they gather, and go to the shardfalls, or other future pvp towns. The people that I am talking about do not like player enforced rules and limitations on pvp flags. These people view the pvp tag as a target, one and all. Not just in some places and some events. If you have a flag, you can be attacked. They expect it so should you. Although I do like the single player online, I find it kind of disappointing for the amount of PvP tagged people that level up in that filter. It denies the open world pvp. I would like to see that you have to unflag before going into single player, taking the time to do so and re flagging after you go back to multiplayer. I know that sounds harsh but I think people need that reminder. One thing I want is for PvE to have all the stuff they want, all the fluff and clothing options and goodies that they can have. And on the other hand, let the pvp have the most unobstructed pvp they can have. We already have consensual pvp. There does not need to be any more watering down of that facet. We have to understand that each of us is different, and accept that. Try to understand each other instead of YELLING past each other trying to prove your point is better. There is no better or worse point, only opinions and how we look at things.

14. Xail

Xail Avatar

I make an example:

Every European player has the PVP tournaments late on night (and there are people like me that don't even fall in love with them)...so basically when they log in if they want PVP they just have a total void...

Isn't it better to have mechanics and incentives that are on 24 hours a day and that let PVP develops from itself?

15. Xail

Xail Avatar

However I made the point I quit also posting so a lot of people will be also happier....I will be back IF and WHEN there will be PVP incentives and mechanics...

The problem is there are a lot of players that are not playing (or playing less and less) for the same reasons...

16. Net

Net Avatar

Maybe talk to Envy other likeminded PvPers and log into the same scene at the same time, who knows maybe other PvPers will join eventually;)

However, if you complain about the lack of PvP and actively avoid PvP events it is really hard to see what point are you actually trying to make.

Arianna likes this.
  17. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

Guys, the personal bickering needs to come to a halt here. I've had to clean up a bunch of posts here. Discussions are great but let's not allow them to degrade into verbal jabs at each other. Be respectful of each other and of each others playstyles. Thanks.

18. Xail

Xail Avatar

I have always been extremely active in initiate and/or join PVP (and every player that have PVP know it)...but it is some days, from when I got a warning mail (..."If this behavior continues, your account’s access may be limited to single-player only access."...) after having done PVP in Vengeance not during an event and of course without trash talking, that I have just quit playing...

Is it easy to see the point now?

blaquerogue likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.