Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Top 11 Annoyances (as of R15)

Discussion in 'Release 15 Feedback' started by smack, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

1. Getting stuck in combat mode

2. Load times

3. Appearing at the wrong location on the overland map

4. Death penalty and Double death

5. The cost of repairs

6. People that spawn camp the shardfall

7. The need to go to instances with terrible performance to get key items like crafting stuff, house and lot deeds, and deco items

8. XP distribution at control points

9. Deco lighting

10. Death when loosing a duel

11. Lack of good loot from Bosses and High end Mobs

I am very happy with the progress in the game so far. I hope this is helpful. I know the reasons why these things are as such at this point just hoping this echoes the main complaints of others and shapes the development priorities. Thanks!

2. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Check out Solania. It does have most things if you talk to all the NPC's

3. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

1. I don't understand the when I go out my basement I end up at the last place i zoned from... still should go to my first/ground floor.
    2. repeat HATE the stuck in the Z axis or combat mode as mentioned above.
    3. Skill level of kills limited to low level kills even a Lich should have been a higher point reward kill than it is vs a Obsidian Wolf.
    4.For sure the latency I just increased my internet speed from 20/Mb to 30/Mb made no difference.
    5.C.O.M.M.U.N.I.C.A.T.I.O.N. How many Avatars here really know anything about the new towns in Novia like Salonia. what was going to be in the city and what was going to be available. All we really heard so much about was Unity5
    6. Having a problem just climbing stairs. (Avatar runs in place)
    7.Seems like lately I have to DBL CLK my cards on my deck to activate them otherwise the just turn gray, but don't activate.
    9.more later as I recall them.....
    Edit: times when I exit a scene my Avatar has all the signs of being killed, as a matter of fact my health bar is at zero I'm flagged with the death penalty. This is most times when I zone home so far. Note you can only zone in non combat mode so I prob zone from overmap because I can't get out of combat mode in scene. JS

4. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

No promises, but I will look into that.

5. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I can only like a post once but i love you.

Mata, Lady Cathan, Lord Lonn and 6 others like this.
  6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I was going to write up a huge post about how much I enjoyed the Spectral Mines but couldn't really figure out a good way to do that without having a lot of spoilers. (I hate using the spoiler tags)

But I'm at least going to say well done! (also, I was kind of hoping that wearing my Obsidian Order Cloak would come into play there...like maybe it let me enter as if I knew the "secret knock" or something)

Suggestion: If I were to put a knife into a guys back, I think I'd want that knife to be player made. Seems more interesting to me that way. :)

7. smack

smack Avatar

Preferably, that knife was made by the person you're stabbing. Even better, you get bonus XP or some extra evil karma for doing so.

Tahru, Gaelis and majoria70 like this.
  8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Pvp spawn camping sucks now it will be worse when it goes live. There needs to be several spawn points on Pvp maps and you should be able to move from one to the next while dead.

9. Maka

Maka Avatar

1. When I'm dead I have no idea if or when I'm coming back. Can we get a timer or something?
    2. In Ultima 4 random encounters you coud see on the map and try to avoid them. Except for the trolls and when camping. Also you could leave the random encounters any way you wanted.
    3. Being boxed in is very frustrating. I'd like to leave scenes through more than just the doors.
    4. Chainmail pants look like leather :)
    5. (edit) The chat system is pretty painful. Remove the zooming in when I'm talking to NPCs. Allow me to click on a player name and start a conversation. Typing first last, is clunky.

Maybe add a stretch goal for a mini map that you can uncover the fog of war on in cities. Ardoris is confusing

10. Cathan

Cathan Avatar

1. Random encounters are a pita... maybe we could get a setting that says we are open to them. OR NOT.

2. Repair kits cost too much and are too time-consuming to make. :( In a couple hours levelling, I lose money because I have to spend it on repair kits. I tried making my own, but that takes more time redoing my crafting points & harvesting than it does to do a raid. I’m all for crafting over fighting, but this doesn’t seem balanced. Cheaper kits? More gold via adventuring? More durable armor/weapons?

3. Ranged players marginalized: :mad: Playing a mage is too discouraging and expensive (see repair kits above). You don't get good armor or your spells fail if you do. Also, having to carry reagents is a drag. Archery also has the added issue of arrows (limiting how long you can play). It would be nice to have at least ONE ranged player type that isn't so discriminated against. Or level the playing field and make melee harder too.

4. Chat box.
    *forgets to click screen/workspace after pressing enter*
    wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwssssssssssssss
    or o_O
    *forgets to press enter for chat* and my character leaps around grunting, and every window in the known world pops open as I type.
    Also, TOO MUCH SPAM! When using chat, I feel like I'm using MS DOS with ANSI color text. Also emotes would be nice... /me would be helpful in itself so I can make my own emote statement, and also as a way to call an animated emote.

5. Transit times too arduous. Walking too slow. Best way to get to Owl's Head from Mirren: Exit to menu, Play to map. I sure hope zoning doesn't go away.

6. Indoors should be at the SAME SCALE as outdoors. Village houses seem TOO SMALL and cramped because the scale is off. For example, I wanted to put my cooking station in my kitchen. It took up so much room, much more than it did outside, and didn't sit flush with the wall either. Yet, the wall shelf was so tiny above it, that it looked like a spice rack shelf. (Maybe we need a scale adjustment tool, like the rotate one )

7. Inconsistent bank rules. My bank inventory limit applies to all the banks everywhere. Yet, if I store something in Braemar, I can't access it from Aldoris. So, how does the banker in Aldoris know I've used up my space in Braemar? (Given that I have to ferry messages between bartenders, I'm convinced the bankers can't communicate either. )

8. Combat runes popup tip. It's great that I can hover over the runes while playing the combat card game to see what they are. But the popup blocks my view of my other incoming runes. Maybe move the tooltip up? Or to the side? (It would be nice, also, if the non-combat runes stayed in the same slots so I don't use my focus by accident. Playing well should be a skill, not an happy accident. It would also be nice if all my healing and light and stances runes did not all arrive in a couple of big waves. )

9. Hard edges on screen. I'd like to be able to move things off the edge of the screen so I can drag them back when needed. Or resize them both horiz and vert’ly. Especially when playing on my tiny laptop screen. Maybe a autohide docking concept would be nice or tabs vertically on the edge of the screen (but if we have this with chat, a blinking notifier for guild, party, whisper or local with our name in it would help).

10. RETRACTED: Crafting tedium: shift-dragging items one by one onto the table. If we have the recipe, and we have the items, can we please just double click the recipe and have everything land on the table? [Thanks, Majoria70, for pointing out that we can double click the picture of the recipe to do this!]

11. And, in the real world:

BUGS! Reporting a bug and finding existing bugs could be smoother and more accurate. :confused:Maybe a database style interface instead of a forum? At least for searching for bugs and their status? A list of top 50 things to test would be helpful too. Feedback on posted bugs would be nice (maybe add a status to the forum msgs somehow?)

There's no list of scenes, art, sounds, stories that we can contribute. And here I am with all this free time! :(

AND! Great work!!
    Kudos on Unity 5 upgrade! Nice work, thanks for sharing the experience, and I for one am totally patient as you work out all the hiccoughs. :)

and Great Community!
    Thanks everyone!

Tahru, mitnero, Lord Lonn and 4 others like this.
  11. Rabum Alal

Rabum Alal Avatar

I hope there's an equivalent to recall at some point if zoning goes away.

Tahru, Ice Queen and Lord Baldrith like this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

re your #10. Crafting tedium: shift-dragging items one by one onto the table. If we have the recipe, and we have the items, can we please just double click the recipe and have everything land on the table?
    @lady Cathan

FYI If you know the recipe and it is in your recipe book you can double click the icon of the recipe and all ingredients are added to the table. If you don't know the recipe the first time you have to drag them all out.
    for example making a pine board and you've already made it before, it shows up in your recipe book, just double click the picture of a pine board in your recipe book. Hoping for quantity crafting later.:)

13. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

In case you didn't know, you can turn those off in settings.:)

14. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

You raise a lot of excellent points

Tahru likes this.
  15. palang81984

palang81984 Avatar

Yep. I have 8 gb ram (windows 7, and current generation memory sticks), had to allocate extra page file size in windows due to memory crashes. I assume these are due to the newer engine changes, so I of course don't hold that against them.

Themo Lock and Tahru like this.
  16. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

1. Combat bar and mode getting stuck on all the time now when I leave combat. Unable to regen.
    2. Books not readable unless you pick them up.
    3. Journal has no organization. Becomes a hot mess after a while with duplicate entries and no way to cross off completed quests.
    4. Enemy sounds and animation as well as Avatar combat sounds in general. I know it's a work in progress but...lol at the Elves that sound like rabid bears.
    5. Loot and quest awards are pretty unrewarding.
    6. Ghosts are way too over-powered. At least have a cool down on that nasty life drain AOE.
    7. I was excited about encountering my first slimes...but then highly disappointed at the art design. Was hoping for a more translucent, gelatinous appearance with like...bones and skulls and stuff visible within and more chaotic, elastic movement. -shrug-
    8. More information of skill/spells. In the tree and in the tooltips. The cooldown time in numbers and base damage would be nice.
    9. Moving multiples of one item type: It would be nice if I could just Shift-Click on it, then put in the amount. Moving multiples in the list: If maybe you could Ctrl+Click and drag down the items to select several unstackables at once, e.g. mass amounts of Iron Longswords. Silly me, I figured out how to do it. Awesome!
    10. More character creation options for both genders such as hairstyles, colors, skin tones and body type.
    11. No ability to /me 'emote'. E.g. I type in: /me leans on her staff looking solemn. In chat it should up in local as: Soulicide leans on her staff looking solemn. Maybe in a different color and italics to indicate it's an 'action'. Obviously these wouldn't have to show up in chat bubbles as the animated emotes don't I believe. I haven't seen an RPG MMO in a long time that this wasn't implemented as standard so hopefully this function shows up soon!

smack and Tahru like this.
  17. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

Also, I hate to double post..but I have to agree with everyone that posted about Repair Kits. They're pretty unbalanced in terms of cost vs. how much they repair. I can see keeping the repair kits exactly as they are so that people have the option of bringing a little emergency patch up with them at the slightly high price for convenience. But also having the ability in blacksmithing skill to repair one's own gear (maybe this skill also reflects how much the kits repair when used). It would also be neat if the NPC blacksmiths had the ability to repair stuff for you at a cost more economically friendly than kits, but still more expensive than skill-based repair.

smack and Tahru like this.
  18. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

1. No conga line (seriously... if you're gonna tease us about how great your planned dance ideas are... GIVE IT TO US!!!!!)
    2. Crafting/repair costs (everything is out of whack)
    3. Glyph stacking (I actually like the random deck, but I'm not really noticing any significant benefits to investing in skills)
    4. Lagdoris
    5. Crafting 1 item at a time without a queue
    6. Random Encounter rate
    7. Have I mentioned more improved dancing yet?
    8. Lack of customized emote line (/me slams head into wall to get custom emotes in chats)
    9. Chat tab ALWAYS activating everything I've disabled when zoning into various places
    10. Leaving my housing area and being randomly zoned to some other location
    11. No clue about when I'm popping back to life (or when I'm playing healer, no clue how long I have to run to downed team mate to rez them)

I'm actually ok with waiting for them to implement the dancing... and VERY much enjoyed the zombie dance... it was very fun being a zombie in the ocean and having people wonder who that random twitchy person outside Ardoris was.
    this shot is of me playing dead due to being depressed that BurningToad left me... as I couldn't find any that actually had me playing zombie

[​IMG]

19. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

1) Random Encounters. I like the concept and I still believe in it but right now, they are a pain in the butt. Loading screen, kill monsters or run, loading screens, have to re-orient where I am on the map. Then another random encounter.
    2) Loading Screens.
    3) Adoris. Too big with very low framerate for me. Took me FOREVER (over an hour) to find the boat to Verdantis Shardfall/Kingsport. I was literally yelling profanities at my laptop, especially when I got stuck twice and had to begin at the beginning of the map.
    4) Walking. It's a chore to find the tour guide only...I still have to leave the map filled with monsters. Often, I'll just quit to the world map.
    5) PVE Combat. I like the combat system when it's a challenge but it's either too easy or too difficult 99% of the time.

That's pretty much it.

smack likes this.
  20. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

1) No handled weapons on some NPC loots
    2) Ridiculous loot on liches...
    3) Too many resources to craft a small piece of Armour / Leather Armour (100 animals to make a leather armour???)
    4) COMBAT MODE BUG
    5) Random Enconters... please add a choice to enter on that.. and place monsters that have a level similar to player-level .. for now is just a waste of time...
    6) a function key to underwear (joking)
    7) chihuahua attack sound for wolves (AUMAAAUHuhuahUAUAH OMG!!!)
    8) repair kits (20 repair kits for a crafted leather armour? .. PLEASE)
    9) RESOURCES PRICES... too low when selling (iron/copper/cotton etc etc etc... mandrake roots.. black pearls..) a lot of thing that can be arvested or looted with value of 1 ????
    10) EXIT CHAT AUTOMATICALLY WHEN IS TYPED AAAA or WWWW or SSSS or DDDD

Ice Queen and smack like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.