Where Have All the Role-players Gone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fireangel, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I love the whole premise of this, and when I have time would love to help out. My only concern is the royal warrant. For me, I can see it being used for branding a single role play style. I understand that it is not the purpose and it does have a good intention, but good intentions do lead to bad places. I would suggest to do everything you are doing minus the royal warrant. To me, it diminishes all of those who role play outside of your group, and would cause envy, even as one should not. It will happen, and you will draw all the role play to your group because of this. Maybe the devs should visit all the role play groups after launch, and then give these warrants out. This is just my humble opinion my friend and mean no disrespect.

Time Lord and tekkamansoul like this.
  2. Ariella Shadowdancer

Ariella Shadowdancer Avatar

Not really sure what or about the royal warrant thingy or why it is a big deal... I know my own lore and I follow what is in my soul. For I am who I am and no other.

I love being with and playing within the RP community and/or whomever else that wants to stroll along the forest with me.

3. Kain3

Kain3 Avatar

Not even once did the Royal Warrant was considered a purpose. I avoid mentioning it when the discussion goes there. Besides, I believe my statement about what would a Royal Warrant mean for me was clear.
    In regards to multiple Role Play "groups, I see no reason to segregate the Role Player community of this game simply because one might want to do things their way. If there are people who want to form Role Play community they are welcome to join us either as members or help us by joining the SotA RP Community Team, offering all their skill and energy to doing something not for a part of the Role Play community, but for all Role Players.

Also, all Role Players as well as Role Play Styles equally important, fun and exciting. Its in our FAQ. We embrace diversity because its what was missing from Role Play communities of the past. People made up silly rules, enforced certain Role Play laws and instead of bringing the people together and enjoying the game and the stories of the community, they tore it apart with squabbles about what Role Play is and isnt, and I speak out of experience. I witnessed this not once, but twice and I was amazed how people forget what the word Community stands for.

Finally I would like to make it clear that SotA RP is designed to be a community, not a group. A community is comprised of members that work together for their common good. A group is the sum of people that might or might not cooperate.

4. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

The role players are here, that is for sure. Some of them have been very vocal over the last few months, and some of them have not. I know for fact that many other role players including myself are waiting for a date closer to final launch to evoke said role play. I think the biggest issue currently concerning the OP is that until we have the general consensus of the BotA and Episode 1 lore content, it is harder to build a lasting character story for ones Avatar. So unless you are planning on RP'ing pre Episode 1 story lines, you don't really have a lot of material yet strong enough to build a permanent RP story line upon. At least that is my experience so far.

5. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I agree, though some will see the royal warrant as a status symbol, that is my only concern, that it is endorsed by the devs, and by Richard. I know it is only a symbol, and it is not much more, but some people, especially people that thrive on gaining this status will want to be able to get a warrant also. This is why I say just leave it out, it will resolve the future arguments on the subject.

Time Lord and Bodhbh Dearg like this.
  6. Kain3

Kain3 Avatar

I agree O'Sullivan, still its not uncommon for role players to get together pre-launch and give it a try at forum or IRC RP. Simple stuff, nothing touching the actual lore specifically. Ofcourse if one is careful and smart enough, might set up a role play story that although doesnt mess with the lore, it utilizes efficiently what little information is available and applies it to an RP session that can be fun and intriguing ;)

7. Kain3

Kain3 Avatar

It seems like you really are missing the point of my posts. :) ;)

EDIT: No puns intended.

8. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I am in agreement with almost everything you say hehe. I just wanted to express my feelings on the Royal Warrant. You have no problem with me sir! :)

Time Lord and Seon like this.
  9. Kain3

Kain3 Avatar

Nope, it actually forced me to post two very good and clarifying posts is regards of what people should expect from SotA RP.

*tips hat* I never did have any problem with people stating their opinions, my good sir!

10. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Seon will you ask, or won't you... after all... this...

Ask Fireangel to be ambassador of this endeavor please ? This is getting unnerving. You're the leader she's the mediator and nurturer, she looks for diversity, you order whats good.

Common ask her, she's obviously shy about it, and some people are definately not helping here...

¿Simple?

Seon likes this.
  11. OverLord

OverLord Avatar

I originally thought I would resurrect my pirate and roleplay him on the high seas but apparently non-consesual pvp is 100% impossible, so that won't be happening. I also enjoyed playing the good guy and stalking player killers at key spots they liked to frequent to harass miners and crafters, but that also won't be happening. I always roleplay a merchant and I lead raids in dungeons, at least both of those is still possible, I think, if the solo player raiding doesn't take too many players away from the open world. That's the current state of my roleplay. I'm worried that I won't even be able to roleplay my merchant since it takes NON merchants and NON crafters to sell to, ya know? Let's not chase them all away!

12. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

I joined the RP community because I like RP, and hope that we (almost typed they, but I am a member now) can help RP thrive in SotA... That does in no way impede or alter my commitment to my chosen POT of Port Phoenix! As a matter of fact I'll do most of my RP based on my backstory *and* my role in the PP community! And if that enables me to do RP based events there or elsewhere, all the better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

13. Kain3

Kain3 Avatar

Ambassador? no, my friend. We are just the santa clause that brings the big bag of free gifts for all those willing, to enjoy. The role players themselves are the leaders now. More info coming soon. :)

(PS: Bodhbh knows what I am talking about ;))

EDIT: Besides, Fireangel knows whats good for community RP and acts on it. No need for me to "order" her. I am no more leader than Fireangel is. ;) . We just work together to make something out of nothing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.