Greetings Fellow Avatars! Here’s what we have for you in this week’s edition of Update of the Avatar:
- Making of Crooked Shank
- New Norgard Garments (cont.)
- Middle Downs Sneak Peek Video
- R44 Postmortem Missed Questions Answered
- Portalarium is Hiring: Web Developer
- Free Trial Test #5 (Aug 9-30) is Now Live!
- gamescom devcom Panels Announced
- Shroud at PAX Dev
- Shroud at Dragon Con
- Weekend Flash Sale: Rent
- Upcoming Events Calendar
- Community Trailer Contest Ends Aug. 22!
- Spotlight: Lake Cusabo Player Town
- Events: BMC Crafting Fair and Kaz Phoenixfyre Welcome Home Roast
- Resources: Players Helping Players
- Recommended Project to Support: Underworld Ascendant
Making of Crooked Shank
We are focusing the next few releases on building the lower tier scenes near the cities along the paths of Truth and Courage. Most of these scenes have been clones of other scenes and will now be replaced with completely original scenes. In Release 46 one of these scenes being updated will be Crooked Shank which is a mountainous area in the Verdantis region.
Whilst looking for an elven village in Forgotten Vale, I seemed to have misread my map, and stumbled upon a quaint human settlement tucked along a bend in the road. The locals kept their neighborhood very well tended, and while not excessively talkative, they were happy to point me to locations of note within their tidy little town.
This welcoming arch marked the entrance to the main, winding avenue through what the locals dubbed ‘Crooked Shank’. There seemed to be a lot of planting and construction, and truth be told, I could not really tell how old the town was. Read more…