Greetings Fellow Avatars!
This week’s update brings you some great news about a new concept coming to Episode 2 adventure scenes called Dynamically Scaled Difficulty! Soon after release, players will be able to experience the first scene enabled with this new tech. Also, take a sneak peek into the new Shadow Creatures effects coming to encounters near you! For those wishing to participate in any community activities, upcoming one-time and recurring community events have been announced! Be sure to also review the Players Guide and Known Issues list for additional information on recent changes and upcoming fixes. Now, let’s see what we have for you in this week’s edition of Update of the Avatar:
- Dynamically Scaled Difficulty!
- Latest News Q&A Friday Livestream!
- Shadow Creatures Preview!
- June Login Reward: Floppy Beach Hat!
- R78 Reward Program Login Items: Beach Theme!
- Latest Store Items: Male & Female Shopkeeper Outfits, Electric Katanas & More!
- Obsidian & Island Vault Round!
- Packaging Items for Trade Available!
- World & UI Changes
- Crafting & Economy Changes
- Combat Balance & Changes
- Updated Player Owned Towns
- Bug Fixes
- Streaming Reward Program
- Recent Shroud of the Avatar Livestreams
- Lord of the Isle Episode 2 Bundles
- Upcoming Events Calendar
- Meretz: Win a Giant Lich Statue (No Trade)
- Community Event: Catnip Games Weekly Fishing Tourney
- Community Event: Silverdale Market Fishing Contest
- Community Event: Celtic/Irish Celebration
- Community Event: 6th Annual Soldier’s Memorial Ball
- Community Event: Concert by the Sea
- Community Event: Black Sails Saga – From the New Lands
- Project to Support: Rodasurf
- Project to Support: Jar Wars
- Project to Support: Dragonfight
- Project to Support: Crowfall
- Project to Support: Avatar Express
- Resources: Players Helping Players
Adventurers, rejoice! A new concept for Shroud of the Avatar, called Dynamically Scaled Difficulty, brings a variety of user selectable difficulty levels to a single adventure scene. Here is a breakdown of the difficulty levels available in the first iteration of the new tech:
- Easy (Tier 7)
- Medium (Tier 10)
- Hard (Tier 12)
- Epic (Tier 18)
Dynamically Scaled Difficulty will not only scale the tier level of spawns, but also the experience awarded for each opponent defeated. After further testing occurs, loot will also scale accordingly. Every new scene added to the game will feature scaled difficulty options, but not every scene will be broken down identically.
The first scene to feature this new tech is a cloned version of the beautiful yet underutilized Tier 2 location known as South Midmaer Way. Of late, in addition to adding entirely new scenes, the team has routinely revamped old underutilized low tier scenes such as this to feature greater challenges for higher level players. Some of these updates included the revamp of Spectral Peaks, Owls Head Sewers, Ravensmoor, Ruins of Ravensmoor, Mysterious Swamp, Deep Ravenswood and Ulfheim.
We learned a valuable lesson when the original version of Ulfheim was removed, because some fans of the old clone longed to see their favorite hunting grounds restored, hence the Ruins of Utheim appeared. So, to head off a similar concern, we’ve decided to leave in South Midmaer Way at its original location and difficulty, and the new scaled version of this scene will be placed in Mistrendur in a patch shortly after the release.
Known as Lachem’s Bazaar, the location now features revamped spawns and NPC dialogue adjustments and is fully integrated into the new dynamic system. The 3-day puzzle buff (+30 Agility, -10 Strength) which also resides in South Midmaer Way will temporarily be available in Lachems Bazaar, but soon that puzzle will yield entirely unique yet undetermined benefits.
Spindelskog, an Episode 2 adventure scene nearing completion, will likely be the next scaled adventure scene coming your way. Dynamically Scaled Difficulty adventure scenes are just some of the exciting features to arrive this year. Read more about what’s on the horizon in the Shroud of the Avatar 2020 Vision!
Latest News Q&A Friday Livestream!
Another weekly Community Livestream is this Friday, May 29th at 4PM CT on Twitch! Join Chris “Atos” Spears and other development team members for a community 1 hour livestream!
To enter the prize drawings, type “may the fourth be with you” into any in-game chat channel OR make a purchase on the website add-on store. Please submit questions into Twitch Chat by inserting !question at the beginning of your text. Watch on Twitch, Friday at 4 PM CT!
Shadow Creatures Preview!
write cool stuff about the new shadow creature effects/skins
June Login Reward: Floppy Hat!
Just in time to hit the beaches, this floppy hat is perfect for abating the sun during shoreline festivities. Simply log in during the month of June, and the hat will become available in the Rewards Window. Time to catch some rays, beachgoers!
Release 78 Reward Program Login Reward Items: Beach Theme!
- Beach Towels (4-Pack, Dyeable)
- Male Swimsuit (1-Piece, Uses Chest & Legs Slots, Dyeable, Also fits females)
- Female Swimsuit (2-Piece, Dyeable, Also fits males)
NOTE: You must login during the release to receive each release’s rewards.
The Shroud of the Avatar Rewards Program lets you earn the best rate on purchasing Crowns, AND receive monthly reward items!
- 900 Crowns of the Obsidians every month
- Monthly Login Reward Items (~ 3 per month)
- Exclusive Title every 3 months
- 3 Months: Keeper of the Faith
- 6 Months: Keeper of the Word
- 9 Months: Keeper of the Vow
- 12 Months: Keeper of the Flame
- 15 Months: Keeper of the Oath
- 18 Months: Keeper of the Pledge
- Pick any Dye 12 Pack every 6 months
- Pick any three of the 7 Obsidian Potions every month, including:
- Potion of Capacity: Increases carrying capacity
- Potion of Conservation: Reduces reagent use chance
- Potion of Expedience: Swift gathering on all gathering skills
- Potion of Precision: Increases Meticulous Collection to all gathering skills
- Potion of Preservation: Reduces armor and weapon damage
- Potion of Reclamation: Increases Salvage and Repair to all production skills