Greetings Fellow Avatars! Here’s what we have for you in this week’s edition of Update of the Avatar:
- Dyeable Decorations (starting in R57!)
- Release 55 Livestream Items
- Release 54 Livestream Items (cont.)
- Last Day for Release 56 Stretch Goals
- Release 57 on QA Server
- Shroud of the Avatar Rewards Program
- Cosmos Double XP Weekends
- Weekend Flash Sale: Weapons & Armor
- Upcoming Events Calendar
- Community Event: shawn’s “Sell and/or buy all the things” Challenge!!!
- Community Event: Bear Tavern Brawl Aug 25
- Meretz: Win a Topiary Town Dragon Statue
- Meretz: Win a Pair of SOTACON 2018 Tickets!
- Project to Support: Tortoise & Hare Creations Patreon
- Resources: Players Helping Players
Dyeable Decorations (starting in R57!)
We now have technology and user interface support to allow the use of dyes to change the colors of decorations including banners, beds, couches, sofas, and more! We have begun updating our game assets to accept dyes. This will take time as each asset has to be modified individually. Our plan is to maintain a careful balance between craftable items and store items in this effort. For now we are focusing on cloth items but we plan to expand to leather, and possibly wood as well. In Release 57 many Banners (including Heraldy Banners), Canvas Furniture, Fine Red Upholstered Furniture, and Fine White & Gold Upholstered Furniture will support dyes. Above you can see an assortment of the those furniture pieces dyed. Below is what the Fine Red Upholstered Long Couch looks like with a variety of dyes applied to it.