Greetings Fellow Avatars!
Here’s what we have for you in this week’s edition of Update of the Avatar:
- Isle of Storms Before & After Polish
- Crypt of the Avatar Polish
- Graff Gem Mines New Cavern Area
- The Making of Celestis (update)
- Lord British’s Birthday Bash Telethon – July 6th
- New Free Trial Coming Up! July 3-26
- Reddit AMA Q&A with Richard Garriott and the Team
- Richard Garriott at Barcelona Gamelab
- Comic-Con Panels with Richard Garriott and Starr Long
- Community Contest: Rock Me Avatarus! – Party Showcase Contest
- Community Livestream: A New Look to Celestis
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Tech Talk Tuesday #8: Continuation of the AMA
- Weekend Flash Sales: The Lord British Collection
- Make Your SeedInvest Reservation Official!
- Upcoming Events Calendar
- Community Event: Ordinis Mortis Shopping Extravaganza and After Party!
- Community Event: Just 1 Life – 48 Hour Streamathon
- Community Resources: Players Helping Players
- Recommended Project to Back: Crowfall
Isle of Storms Polish
Since this is the very first scene players encounter we felt that it could use some additional visual polish so we spent time this release making various improvements to lighting, terrain, visual effects, and flora.
We’ve been busy with lots of improvements and updates this release. We keep improving visual tools and assets to build scenes with, and so it’s fun to re-visit some of the older existing maps and touch them up with our new toys.
Hutch, Damon, and I have been touching up Isle of Storms recently (as well as an update to Arabella from the character team!). Here’s some of our progress: