Greetings Fellow Avatars! Here’s what we have for you in this week’s edition of Update of the Avatar:
- Universal Broadcast Orb Transformed!
- Land Rush Q&A Livestream with Atos Today!
- New Store Items: Dyable Heraldry Gustball Uniforms and More!
- Mistrendur: Land Rush Update!
- Darkstarr Vault Round!
- March Login Reward: Leprechaun Hat!
- Release 75 Reward Program Exclusive Login Items: St. Patrick’s Day Theme!
- Bard Skills in Player Test Environment (QA)!
- World & UI Changes
- Crafting & Economy Changes
- Combat Balance
- Updated Player-Owned Towns
- Bug Fixes
- Streaming Reward Program
- Lord of the Isle Episode 2 Bundles
- Recent Shroud of the Avatar Livestreams (YouTube)
- Upcoming Events Calendar
- Meretz: Win an Obsidian Tower Town Water Home (No Trade)
- Community Event: Podcasts & Poetry Return to Virtue Radio!
- Project to Support: Crowfall
- Project to Support: Pantheon
- Project to Support: Avatar Express
- Resources: Players Helping Players
Universal Broadcast Orb Transformed!
To celebrate the upcoming 2nd anniversary of Shroud of the Avatar’s official launch, a major enhancement has been made to the Free-to-Play (FTP) experience. The Universal Broadcast Orb was formerly a $2 Add-On Store item which gated FTP players from having initial access to the global chat channels. This feature offered some level of spam protection to our in-game chat, but it also inadvertently stifled communication for new FTP players wanting to participate in our community. Well now the FTP players will be heard! As of R75, the Universal Broadcast Orb will no longer be required to utilize Universal nor Trade chat channels. This item has been removed from the Add-On Store, and for those already having one in their possession? Those users have received a stunning orb decoration as a replacement. The new decoration version of the Universal Broadcast Orb also emits light and counts as a light source.
This enhancement to the FTP player experience is just one of the exciting new features to arrive this year. Read more about what’s on the horizon in the Shroud of the Avatar 2020 Vision!
Land Rush Q&A Livestream with Atos Today!
Another weekly Community Livestream is this Friday, February 28 at 4PM CDT on Twitch!
Join us today for a community Q&A session! Chris Spears a.k.a. Atos and other developer team members will be present to answer questions about the Land Rush for Mistrendur as well as other topics broached by the community. Hope to see you all there!
To enter the prize drawings, type “love makes the world go round” into any in-game chat channel OR make a purchase on the website add-on store. Please submit questions into Twitch Chat by inserting !question at the beginning of your text. Watch on Twitch today, Friday at 4 PM CDT!
New Store Items: Dyable Heraldry Gustball Uniforms and More!
New to the CotO Store for Release 75 are the Dyable Heraldry Gustball Uniforms. Let the more stylin’ Gustball tourneys begin! Also, a Dirt Path Pavers Set is now available on the store! And better late than never, patching in during R75, a Fancy Kitchen Sink and Fancy Wash Basin Set will arrive on the store! Lots of great decoration items were patched in throughout R74, such as the 8 amazing non-player characters (NPC) readied for the player created dialogue scripting system! These new type of NPC’s are known as Conversationalists. Other items added to the game recently were a variety of stone/boulder packs, crystal chandeliers, goofy fish trophies, and even a new variety of VFX decoration — Fireflies!
- Dyable Heraldry Gustball Uniforms
- Dirt Path Pavers Set
- Fancy Kitchen Sink (will patch in during R75)
- Fancy Wash Basin Set (will patch in during R75)
- Conversationalist (Female, 4 Varieties)
- Conversationalist (Male, 4 Varieties)
- Boulders (4, 6 and 10 Packs)
- Fireflies (Blue, Green, Orange and Yellow)
- Crystal Chandelier (Several Varieties)
- Goofy Fish Trophies