Greetings Fellow Avatars! Here’s what we have for you in this week’s edition of Update of the Avatar:
- The Making of South Boundless Forest
- The Observatory Home
- Vendor Variations & Improvements (cont.)
- The Companions of Truth, Love, and Courage (cont.)
- Making of Northwood (cont.)
- Making of Blood River Forest (cont.)
- Release 52 on the QA Server
- SXSW Booth Photos!
- Win a Game Key with Loot to Shroud of the Avatar!
- NPC Submission Request: Graff Island
- The Ambassadors Program: How You Can Help
- Free Trial: Choose Any Path!
- Weekend Flash Sale: Vendors, Signs, Numbers & Letters!
- Upcoming Events Calendar
- SOTACON 2018 Convention Announced! Oct. 11-13, 2018
- Charity: AERIE Fund – Community Cause – Ripple Effect
- Event: Sheamus McGuinness’s BARE KNUCKLE BRAWL
- Did You Know: Shroud of the Avatar Rewards Bug Reporters?
- Recommended Project to Support: Denis Loubet Patreon
- Resources: Players Helping Players
The Making of South Boundless Forest
South Boundless Forest is a Tier 3 adventuring area in the North Paladis region far north of Yew, along the road to the Kas Ruins. This forest of ancient redwoods is the site of a major Kobold logging operation that is supplying lumber to Kobold locations as far away as K’rul. Stag clan barbarians have also taken up camp here in the ruins of an ancient colosseum from pre-cataclysm times.
Hey folks, I have a few screenshots to share of South Boundless Forest. The forests are home to a group of native barbarians, who have made their home in the ruins of an ancient amphitheater. A kobold mining operation has moved in, and is slowly devouring the barbarian’s homes. The new look for this map is inspired by the giant redwood forests of California, The ruins of amphitheaters such as the Colosseum, and scenes from the movie, the 13th warrior.
This scene is still a work in progress, and you can expect a few more screenshots next week, showing off the underground “Halls of Eating,” and the Kobold logging camp.