Monthly Release Player Instructions
Want to know what was included in the latest release build? The Player Release Instructions are your resource for what was included, as well as what was delayed or coming up in the next. We encourage all players to read over these instructions before diving into new releases.
Are you a new player and looking to say hello to the rest of the community? Visit the New Player Welcome forum and tell us about yourself!
Hospitallers – Players Helping Players
Are you a new player and just getting started in SotA? In addition to all of the great resources below, there is a group of players called the Hospitallers who help other players in the game. Visit the forums to say hello to them!
The official SotA Player Created Resources Forum is the place to find the best player created resources for Shroud of the Avatar, whether it’s a Player Written Guide, a Video Walk-through, Wiki-type Website, or many in-game resources.
A few featured resources:
- Hospitallers are volunteer players that help new players (or veteran players) that are seeking guidance, or just friendly conversation (in-game or out). While in-game, new (or veteran) players can signal to other players they would like help, or newcomer guidance, by pressing Keypad “-” and setting their title to “Outlander“. Helping players can display their “Hospitaller” title to signal they are available to help other players. Be sure to join in on the weekly Hospitaller meetings — it’s a great time to voice your opinions about the new player experience, to seek help from other players or to offer your assistance as a Hospitaller! The meeting takes place every Sunday, at 11AM US Central Time (Austin, TX), on the SotA Discord Voice and Chat Channels for Hospitallers-Help.
- SotAHelp.org is a collective resource tool for every helpful SotA resource yet to be discovered. It is routinely screened for dead links or abandoned resources, and the best part yet? It can be fully embedded on your Shroud of the Avatar fansite as your links page with absolutely NO SotaHelp.org branding. What does this allow? Easy! A combined effort by the community to provide the most comprehensive listing of SotA Resources distributed widely throughout our fansite network. If you notice a valuable resource is missing from SotAHelp.org? Be sure to let Elgarion know that you are email@example.com.
- Avatars’ Circle
- Avatars’ Circle is one of the first Shroud of the Avatar resource sites created by by the SotA community, not only providing links to other popular SotA resource sites, but also home to the first SotA community events calendar!
- SotA Wiki
- A premier source of information for all of New Britannia! This site is being actively updated, so if there isn’t something you need, let them know!
- Avatars’ Radio
- Rocking your socks off from the town of Radio City with the Terrestrial and New Britannian bards together under one roof through the power of the Moon Towers. Check out their daily program of amazing DJs.
- Wake Up New Britannia
- Wake Up New Britannia is Novia’s FIRST morning show and brings you news, interviews, games, prizes, and MORE every Saturday Morning. Check out their website to catch up on interviews with community members and see some of their songs, contests, and videos. Each week we run a mixture of regular segments for the community which are both entertaining and informative as well as speciality spots such as our Lord British’s Birthday Game!
- The Unreliable Travel Guide
- The Unreliable Travel Guide, created at the SotA Writing Round Table, is not an event, but a collection of hilarious stories published by two drunken layabouts who have nothing better to do than try to derive a dishonest income from newly arrived avatars. (details)
- New Britannia News Network (NBNN)
- NBNN is New Britannia’s premier video streaming news network. This community effort mobilizes streamers into a global endeavor of promotion for the greater Shroud of the Avatar community. Whether it be the latest news or a revealing interview, NBNN never fails to surprise!Also, visit their radio news network, Radio Free Britannia!
- Role-Players of the Avatar (RPOTA)
- Role-Players of the Avatar is a social environment where you will find a creative outlet for story writing and adventure creation. We are a community which feeds your desire to be someone else… a crazed barbarian, a cunning scoundrel, maybe a quirky wizard or perhaps a mysterious assassin.
- Crafting Resources
- SotACrafter.com: This is an amazing site that simply gets RIGHT to the point. Need a recipe? Simply use the drop-down menu and voila! Instant recipes to peruse.
- SotACraft.com: This is a one-stop-shop for crafting recipes and instructions. Beautifully laid out with images for each recipe, sorted by category!
- SotA Tutorials: Community member ACryInShame is working on a series of tutorial videos! The series kicks off with Series Intro, The Basics, Game Menus, Skills and EXP Pools, Combat videos. Check them out here!
- The Goodwill Center at Grumridge is now open. It is a center located in a game town (not a player owned town – POT) and it has no guild. Players who use the facility currently come from many different guilds. The main purpose of the facility is to provide mid-game support – the support needed to help players get into 4 skull areas with out dying instantly, and thus giving them more freedom to explore the countryside.For more detailed information on the Goodwill Center at Grumridge please go to www.DrC.life
- Fine Arts of the Forsaken Virtues
- Fine Arts of Forsaken Virtues will be the direct correlation to getting final/proper art work to Portalarium… where they will make final decision on what goes into the game!Do you have a deep passion for Beauty / Skills / Technique / Uniqueness / and just all the characteristics that make Art so fantastic? Do you want to help bring some of the great community artist’s work into our virtual world? If this fits you… please let Mad Hatter know!
- Would you like your community fan site or resource placed here? Please contact Berek and provide a link. We need to evaluate traffic to your site, how frequently you update the content, and other factors that warrant posting an update here.