Welcome to the latest Free Trial period for Shroud of the Avatar! This trial runs from July 3rd thru the 26th.
Shroud of the Avatar is a fantasy RPG that combines single player narrative with a sandbox MMO, created by a team that includes: Richard “Lord British” Garriott, the creator of the Ultima series, Starr Long, the Director of Ultima Online, and Tracy Hickman, the author of Dragonlance.
GET STARTED HERE!
You must create an account before you can login to play the game. A great time to do that is while the game client is downloading and/or installing!
Explore hundreds of scenes, talk with thousands of players, adventure through the opening quests, and gain experience and skills as you get used to the world of New Britannia!
Free Trial Gameplay Differences:
- Free Trial Current Time Period: July 3 – 26, 2017
- The term (Visitor) is appended to their character name
- Cannot give items to other players via Trade
- Cannot purchase nor sell items via Player Vendors nor Public Vendors
- No ownership of property nor use of lot signs
- Cannot interact with public chests.
- Cannot move/interact with items on a plot even if they are given permissions.
- Cannot flag as Open PVP
- Cannot gain nor create ransom items when you kill or are killed in PVP (in Open PVP zones)
- Character data may be deleted after Free Trial is over if not upgraded to a paid account
- Items purchased in the Add On Store cannot be accessed after the Free Trial Period is over unless you purchase Game Access
- Cannot play in Offline Mode
- Can only start on the Path of Love
For those in the Free Trial, we would love your feedback! You can type /bug in the game to report issues in our bug forums or give feedback. We have also opened up of our Release 41 Feedback Forums. If you have a constructive comment about this release that will help the game to improve, please post it there. You can also say hello in the New Player Forum!
Get Complete Early Access to Shroud of the Avatar!
Having fun in the Free Trial and want to continue your adventures? Get the complete Early Access here! Just some of the great features you will have unlocked are:
- Episodic Content
- Single Player Offline Mode
- Selective Multiplayer Modes
- Classless Character System
- Player Driven Economy
- Skillful Combat
- Player Housing
- Full Guild System
- Player Owned Towns
- Crowd Sourced & Funded
- Open Development
NOTE: If you already have game access on your account and would like gift game access to another person, please click the “Send this as a Gift!” button below. Portalarium cannot transfer game access to another account once rewards have been claimed on that account.
Not sure if your computer will run the game? Check out the System Requirements in the game FAQ!