UPDATE 1/25/18: With Release 50 Free Trial users can now choose any of the three paths (Truth, Love, or Courage) to start, but after selection are locked to that single path going forward. We changed this from locking them to a path that we had chosen (Courage) because we felt this misrepresented a core part of the brand of the game, which is “choice in all things” (ex. choosing your path, no classes, choose virtue/non-virtue, etc.).
Shroud of the Avatar is a fantasy RPG that combines single player narrative with a sandbox MMO, created by a team that includes: Richard “Lord British” Garriott, the creator of the Ultima series, Starr Long, the Director of Ultima Online, and Tracy Hickman, the author of Dragonlance.
Welcome New Britannians! Please see below for instructions on how to get started.
GET STARTED HERE!
You must create an account before you can login to play the game. A great time to do that is while the game client is downloading and/or installing!
Download Your Preferred Game Client:
Explore hundreds of scenes, talk with thousands of players, adventure through the opening quests, and gain experience and skills as you get used to the world of New Britannia!
Free Trial Test Gameplay Differences:
- The term (Visitor) is appended to their character name
- Max skill level set to 50
- NEW! Limited to a single Story Path (Truth, Love or Courage)
- Cannot purchase nor sell items via Player Vendors nor Public Vendors
- No ownership of player property nor use of player property signs
- Cannot move/interact with items on a player property (even if given permissions)
- Cannot interact with public chests
- Cannot give items to other players via Trade or Mail
- Cannot flag as Open PVP
- Cannot gain nor create ransom items when you kill or are killed in PVP (in Open PVP zones)
- Character data may be deleted if not eventually upgraded to a paid account
- Cannot play in Offline Mode
For those in the Free Trial Test, we would love your feedback! You can type /bug in the game to report issues in our bug forums or give feedback. We have also opened up of our Release Feedback Forums. If you have a constructive comment about this release that will help the game to improve, please post it there. You can also say hello in the New Player Forum!
GET COMPLETE EARLY ACCESS to Shroud of the Avatar!
Having fun in the Free Trial and want to expand your adventures? Get complete Early Access now!
Just some of the great features you will have unlocked are:
- Episodic Content
- Single Player Offline Mode
- Selective Multiplayer Modes
- Classless Character System
- Player Driven Economy
- Skillful Combat
- Player Housing
- Full Guild System
- Player Owned Towns
- Crowd Sourced & Funded
- Open Development
NOTE: If you already have game access on your account and would like to gift game access to another person, please click the “Send this as a Gift!” button when viewing the game access store item. Portalarium cannot transfer game access to another account once rewards have been claimed on that account.
Not sure if your computer will run the game? Check out the System Requirements in the game FAQ!