1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 19 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archaon [OWL]

Archaon [OWL] Avatar

Lots of great changes, thanks for the update DarkStarr and Chris.

2. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@DarkStarr, the new instructions don't include anything on how to ban players from a PoT.
    If skills are being reset, are we getting cash to compensate for the new skill costs? I spent almost 30K on QA resetting skills (L60 ish there).

3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Great additions in this update. PVP basements switch. Free combat. Juxtapose which does feel like a game changer spell. And as a former Austinite who has now become a New Mexican, thanks for the adobe!

4. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

How does Juxtapose works with locked deck?

5. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Great catch. We are adding the banning instructions now.

We are not going to provide gold to compensate for the skill reset.

Duke Raas likes this.
  6. Periwinkle Elodie

Periwinkle Elodie Avatar

Looks good but I'm still sad....No music instruments and no mention of a halfling race still. How am I supposed to be cute and musical????
    Thank you for the update and I look forward to seeing them in game :)

Gaelis, Katrina Bekers and Themo Lock like this.
  7. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Chaos does not believe in locks. :)

8. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

We'll change it so you can scale down your character more and choose beards for you feet and call it done! Music instruments aren't too far off and will use the ABC notation system.

9. Periwinkle Elodie

Periwinkle Elodie Avatar

I luvs you now! ~bunnyhugs~

Gaelis likes this.
  10. Mastese

Mastese Avatar

Great update. Truly looking forward to ascetic customization of armor by way of dyes.

Though I'm a little disappointed at the concept of set bonuses...I mean I kind of get it, but I'm a bit eccentric, and like to mix and match to create a more unique armor fashion statement. Though it's unintentional, it comes off more as a non-set penalty than a set bonus. I'd ask you to reconsider...or make it more strict (must be same quality/materials).

11. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Set bonuses were one of the most requested features! I kept the bonus small (10%) to make sure that it wasn't mandatory. The guys who were more serious about combat also noted that players can just have a different outfit for fighting and another for show and switch by switching decks. If you need that extra 10%, that is probably a good route to go. :)

12. aaronvf

aaronvf Avatar

Any news on fishing? I know it was slated for release 20 but if it's gonna get pushed back I understand. I'll just need some crying time.

13. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

Saw this on the QA server, and was wondering what people thought about this:

as it currently stands, if locked doors is set but a door is open, you still can not enter the home.

I'm of the opinion that if the person who set locked doors kept a door open, you should be able to enter it - and move things around.
    HOWEVER, if a guard is walking by and sees you in there...then things can get dicy. :)
    granted that last part may be for a later chapter, i still think you should be able to go inside that house.

think about it this way: pvp. you run in your house and it is locked door, guy chasing you sees the open door on the other side of the house, and goes there, they should be able to get in.
    conversely, you could be setting a trap for them, drop in a wall panel or something by the door so they can't escape - without punching through it first, of course.

in a PVE setup, they can just walk in. maybe even move a percentage of the decoration items in your house, around, or drop a note in a chest or on a table, for you to say hello.

from my perspective (VERY little pvp, mostly pve) i think it would be a neat thing to have. just like if i leave a door open when i go to work out of game, i half expect someone to go inside, or maybe just go and close a door for me hehe (i live in a neighborhood where they'd be nice enough to just close the doors, thank ghu)

14. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

First impression of juxtapose is that it makes chaos magic mandatory. I don't think that would be healthy for the game long term. Just something to consider.

Katrina Bekers and ThurisazSheol like this.
  15. redfish

redfish Avatar

It makes it attractive, but then spells like Heal and Light in other schools are also attractive. So I think its just going to require testing over the long haul. We're going to also get a lot of combos involving other schools besides Chaos, too.

Gaelis likes this.
  16. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Devalues other schools, imo.

Of course we need to test it. From a design perspective though it appears broken to me.

17. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

We have been testing it, it is far from mandatory. Is one of many interesting things to come. Chaos is a powerful but risky path for skill choices heh.

Gaelis likes this.
  18. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

My opinion would be that locked doors should close automatically after a very short duration; basically enough time for couple folks to go inside if they are paying attention. Doors should not be standing open when the property is considered "locked".

My issues are that I want to run a business eventually, so part of my house needs to be "open" all the time, but I'd like to be able to lock other areas. Hopefully we will have the ability to lock internal doors individually down the line.

19. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

It still baffles me why I'm so interested in fishing while playing video games... I need all the fish.

Gaelis, Albus and Katrina Bekers like this.
  20. redfish

redfish Avatar

It might be possible for all that to happen automatically. Someone goes to a locked door, double clicks, it opens, the game moves them through the door, it closes. I don't know how workable that is, but it would prevent "open locked doors" from existing, if that's the goal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.